Author Topic: January 2021 - Katra Station Recognition Award Ceremony (Jan 4, 2021)  (Read 657 times)

Archivist Four

Tess tLhoell
« on: January 04, 2021, 15:44:53 »

Welcome Katra Station Officers and Crew to the Bi-annual Awards Ceremony!

We have had a great past 6 months of amazing players letting their prowess and talents shine. These players and their talents we want to honor and recognize.

Over the course of the next few posts we will post a selection of awards to be handed out. Rayek as our valued Second Officer will start off with the Service Awards and the EPC/OTC (ATC) Graduate Award. Followed by myself who will give out the awards for Posting Ability, the Crew Choice Award and the Executive's Merit Award. Captain Solluk will conclude the award ceremony by handing out the Contribution Awards and the Captain's Merit Award.

I am glad to be part of such an amazing crew and am looking forward to many more years with you all.

Archivist Four

Re: January 2021 - Katra Station Recognition Award Ceremony (Jan 4, 2021)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:01:36 pm »
Rayek trLhoell
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 08:19:18 »

Hello crew of Katra Station! Welcome to the January 2021 - Katra Recognition Awards Ceremony. 
Today I have been asked to assist with announcing the Service Awards, so without further ado.

SERVICE AWARDS

The following members are receiving their Six Month Service Award:
Ensign Zex
Lieutenant JG Paul Wessex
Ensign Kal Jimrec

The following members are receiving their One Year Service Award:
Eydis
Lieutenant JG Catherine Goodspeed

The following members are receiving their Three Year Service Award:
Lieutenant Commander Rayek tr'Lhoell

The following members are receiving their ATC Award for having successfully completed the Academy Training Course:
Ensign Ta Li Yo-na
Ensign Dvenn Sirol
Crewman Netha-Sar Murselas

Congratulations to you all for all your time in service!
Our simm in October turned 2 yrs and true to Katra norm things are have continued to get better and better. 
2020 was a year of upheaval but I feel Katra and her crew are stronger and closer for the challenges that we faced together and I want to thank you for your commitment to the stories and this simm.   
Thank you to all the crew for being the heart of Katra.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:20:05 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:02:08 pm »
Sirol
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:21:10 »

Congratulations to all the talented and determined members!

Now I see what you mean...
I see a LOT of shopping for me tomorrow, but a threat is a threat I suppose. ^^

Archivist Four

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 04:02:42 pm »
Tess tLhoell
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 09:48:30 »

Dear crew, before I present the awards for 'Posting Ability' I want to officially recognize the player that has been voted for by you, the crew!

Crew Choice Award

Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
Lieutenant Commander Rayek tr'Lhoell
We love you, Rayek!

===Posting Ability Awards===

Posting Excellence Award

Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
Lieutenant jg. Paul Wessex
John always amazes with his technical knowlege, extremely creative similes and a sprinkle of humor on top.
That he does not once, but every single time he posts. The award is for you.

Most Improved Player Award
Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
Ensign Kal Jimrec
Kal has joined us only recently but has become a reliable factor in our simm to post. He really began to shine
on the LodQan, fighting the Gregari. With this award we want to recognize your efforts.

Descriptive Combat Award
Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
Lieutenant jg. Paul Wessex
For his impressive, descriptive and gripping fight scene with an angry Nausicaan,
there was really no question who this award should belong to this time around.

Best Newcomer Award
Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
Civ. Cpt. Finn Moreno
His presence has been felt ever since he joined our simm. He is a reliable poster and helps to shape the world of our simm
with the adventures of his freighter and crew.

Most Engaging Member Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
Lieutenant Hrafn Falleg
Ensign Zex
It was impossible to only pick one - so we decided to recognize both players. Hrafn as well as Zex are always open
and ready to engage with everyone - new arrivals or 'old hands', which contributes highly to make our simm what it is today.

Technical Precision Award
Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
Lieutenant jg. Catherine Goodspeed
Cat is a force when it comes to technical precision in her posts. She has a talent for incorprating her profound knowledge
into impressive treknobabble posts that feel extremely realistic and believable, which enrichens our simm greatly.

Rib Tickler Award
Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
Lieutenant jg. Catherine Goodspeed
As technically precise Cat's posts are - she knows how to make it not just dry facts to read, but has a very
unique sense of humor we can enjoy regularly. Kittens in the toast! Do I need to say more?

===Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award===

Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
Lieutenant Beja
There were a couple of names popping up in my head when I think of this award, I have the honor to give out.
This time around I want to recognize a player, who is a whirlwind of positive energy, confidence and the idea that
everything will be good in the end. I tend to believe that she always has sunshine in her heart.
This positivity she doesn't only bring to us IC in form of her character, counselor Beja, but also OOC. She likes to
bring people together, she brings us as players together. Be it custom-made tshirts for the crew on a bowling night out,
or a simple a thing as wishing a good morning/evening/night whenever she is online.
Thank you, Beja, for warming our hearts. This award I want to give to you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:24:28 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 04:03:20 pm »
Beja
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 18:45:37 »

Aww, thank you so much! I am so glad I found this place, and Katra. All of you allow me to become better each day, by getting the honor of writing with all of you. I truly look forward to what stories we can weave together in the New Year! Let's make 2021 the best for Katra! :)

Archivist Four

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 04:04:05 pm »
Solluk
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 19:09:20 »

Every six months, an alert sounds here in the Katra OCC.  The CLOs are called upon to make impossible choices.  With a roster of great writers and players, we are tasked with sifting through the finest candidates to recognize the absolute pinnacle of awesomeness that flows from them.

That time is now.  All hands to awesome-stations!  Without further ado, I hereby add my voice to the chorus singing the praises of our best of the best.

The Best Duo award.
This award is granted to a pair of players who create memorable scenes and character development while working in tandem.  There is a reason these two are partnered in our minds and hearts- joining such greats as Mork and Mindy, Indy and Short-Round, and Abbot and Costello.  They share every trial, every tribulation, and now are united in the rearing of a new life on the frontier.  For this reason, I am proud to present this award to Tess and Rayek, whose love is as infinite as the thought-dimension we now find ourselves in.

The Outstanding Commitment Award is a ribbon of excellence granted to a player who is always online, always participating, always posting.   This past six months, it has been none other than Kal Jimrec who has filled our lives with such activity.  Whether in the Discord or the forums, Kal has been like that beloved Lurian at the corner of Quark's bar.  The place just wouldn't be the same without him.  For your outstanding dedication to participation, Kal, we salute you!

The Contribution Award is given to officers and crew who make exceptional contributions to a sim.  Today's award goes to someone who is forever behind the scenes, performing vital consultations, preparing data reference sheets, and making calculations so that the appearance of ships and technology in the sim is correct to every meter and gigawatt.  He has also dazzled us with new mission ideas and descriptions of every sim duty.  This award goes to Paul Wessex, the invisible hand that guides our game to greatness!

The Captain's Personal Merit Award.  This is my favorite award, because I can give it to anyone I damn well please, to recognize their exceptional performance in the game.  For this award, I contrast recognition of the invisible hand, presenting it to the visible hand everyone can see at work.  My right hand: Tess t'Lhoell!  She has ably performed as my Executive officer, managing a myriad of tasks and reminders, while also taking on new duties as the site's second Administrator.  We couldn't have a successful game without her, so I'm very glad that as admin, her contributions will be felt across the fleet.  Thank you, Tess, for being the essential catalyst of success.

As Katra prepares to enter its most challenging year ever, I am gratified to know I have the perfect team for the job.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:26:22 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 04:04:39 pm »
Finn Moreno
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 20:22:22 »

Wow, I feel honored. Thank you kindly.
Congratulations to everyone!

Ps: Tess, I'm so glad you were recognized!

Archivist Four

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 04:05:06 pm »
Paul Wessex
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 20:24:18 »

Light! Hisssssss!

Thank you, all. So very humbled and very grateful for your kind words.

And congrats everyone! Richly deserved, every one of them!

Archivist Four

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 04:05:36 pm »
Sirol
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 21:58:20 »

Many congratulations to all of the talented people who earned themselves some nice little ribbons!
You are amazing and I'm glad I found my into a group of such talented writers and their interesting and loveable character

Archivist Four

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 04:06:17 pm »
Zex
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 22:58:10 »

Congrats everyone!

Archivist Four

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 04:06:51 pm »
Eydis
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 23:29:12 »

Indeed congrats

Archivist Four

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 04:07:16 pm »
Kal
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 06:14:13 »

Congrats to everyone and thank you

Archivist Four

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 04:07:47 pm »
Rayek trLhoell
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 08:38:51 »

Thank you all so very much for allowing me the platform on which to bring Rayek to life.

And a special loving thank you to his conscience, his reason for being, his partner and ever so patient wife - Tess.

Congratulations to all award recipients and to all Katra crew.  We are what makes Katra shine.  I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to do that with you all.  Every player here adds color to our world, building it more and more with each post, each bit of background. Thank you.

Hugs to you all!!

Archivist Four

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 04:08:26 pm »
Sirol
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 11:32:52 »

Just as promised, here comes my highly artistic and intellectually stimulating contribution for our sweet winners!
This is why we're careful what we wish for.

(In order or nimination)

Zex

Paul Wessex

Hands down, ever since you wrote that one reply in the Crew choice thread, this is lgfitimately how I imagine your character to look like now. (Please tell me the monocle is canon. ^^)
The next logical step may or may not involve a twirly mustache.

Kal Jimrec

Eydis

I could not find an actual picture or description of your character, so I had to do guesswork and STO screenies.
I hope it's somewhat correct, because I got pounded so, SO much (not the good sort) trying to take a proper picture of a Tholian Commander. ^^

Catherine Goodspeed

Rayek tr'Lhoell

I did not forget your picture with Tess, neither did I forget bout adding an extra layer of glitter.
A promise? A threat? Only time will tell...

Ta Li Yo-na

Sirol

Who is this nerd anyway?

Netha-Sar Murselas

Finn Moreno

Well then, here we are again.
Here you got the promised cake picture, and since I'm generous, here comes a special delivery for the Wonderland:
Cathch!

Hrafn Falleg

Beja

I am so looking forward to our first counselling session!
Until then I believe I oweyou two cakes by now, and, as a compensation for your waiting time for your promised sweet chocolate-y cylinder of goodness, now have...
ALL THE CAKE!!!

Tess t'Lhoell

...Cheers!

Archivist Four

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 04:09:08 pm »
Tess tLhoell
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 13:53:39 »

LOL! That's so awesome!

On another note: all awards have been assigned to your profiles. If anything should be missing, let me know