Author Topic: July 2020 - Katra Station Recognition Awards Ceremony (Jul 4, 2020)  (Read 394 times)

Archivist Four

Tess tLhoell
« on: July 04, 2020, 15:10:51 »

Welcome Katra Station Officers and Crew to the Bi-annual Awards Ceremony.

We have had a great past 6 months of amazing players letting their prowess and talents shine. These players and their talents we want to honor and recognize.

Over the course of the next few posts we will post a selection of Awards to be handed out. Rayek will start off with the Service Awards, the EPC/OTC Graduate Award and the Crew Choice. Followed by the Posting Ability Awards and the Extra Contribution Awards, the Captain and myself will be sharing to hand them out with me starting. Additionally to that I will hand out the Executive Merit Award and Cpt. Solluk giving out the Captain's Merit Award.

I am glad to be part of such an amazing crew and am looking forward to many more years with you all.

Archivist Four

Re: July 2020 - Katra Station Recognition Awards Ceremony (Jul 4, 2020)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 03:28:38 pm »
Rayek trLhoell
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 17:59:48 »

Hello crew of Katra Station! Welcome to the July 2020 Recognition and Awards Ceremony.  Our simm is well into it's 2nd season and the missions are amping up and so is the quality of writing.  Today I have been asked to assist with announcing the Service Awards.

SERVICE AWARDS

The following members are receiving their Three Year Service Award:
Solluk

The following members are receiving their Two Year Service Award:
Tess t'Lhoell

The following members are receiving their One Year Service Award:
Beja

The following members are receiving their Six Month Service Award:
Eydis

The following members are receiving their ATC Award for having successfully completed the Academy Training Course:
Amarande

The following members are receiving their COTC Badge, which is awarded to players for having successfully completed the Command Officer Training Course:
Tess t'Lhoell

Congratulations to you all for all your time in service!  The simm would be poorer without each and every one of you.  Simms are nothing without its' active players.  Thank you to all the crew for being the heart of Katra.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:29:16 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 03:29:15 pm »
Tess tLhoell
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 00:08:23 »

Crew Choice Award
Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.

Every six months the crew recognizes one of their own. This time around the award goes to John Saxon.

Posting Excellence
Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.

This award could go easily to many players, but this time we want to recognize someone we know for the high quality of her posts that give us an insight in her character's thoughts and feelings while she had shown great consistency in her posting. The award goes to Beja.

Descriptive Combat
Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.

For his formidable combat scene at the Son'a installation in the Devil's Vortex at the beginning of the year, this award goes to Rayek tr'Lhoell. Fighting Jem'Hadar in Zero-G? Not a problem for this Romulan.

Most Engaging Member
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.

He always impresses with his very detailed and extremely profound posts, that often read like a fact book but in the most entertaining way! And then he sprinkles it all with a charming sense of humor. John Saxon, this award is for you.

Rib Tickler Award
Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.

Slimed Rayek was already funny, but that was only topped by Glitter-Rayek! The award goes to Rayek tr'Lhoell.

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award
Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.

This is the first time I have the privilege to hand out this special award. I want to take the opportunity to recognize a player that had become more special and important for my character that I ever would have imagined. She engages with me in so many holodecks to build up a back-story for them together, which helps to form their relationship and personality. And over the months she had become someone I would call a friend.

But she shows this engagement to everyone who's willing to, playing holodecks or NPCs for them while she always has an eye on the crew and even the site as a whole to make sure that everyone is happy, involved and has fun playing. She cares for everyone here and it shows by her words and actions.

This Personal Merit Award goes to Rayek tr'Lhoell.

Normally, this would be it on my part. But there is one more award I have the honor to hand out today.

Contribution Award
Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.

For sure there are several players who would be deserving of this award. The player we want to recognize today is a person who himself says that - given his position - he does exactly what is asked of him. But he does way more.

He is open to personalize missions for his players to give them the opportunity to play out personal side-plots (Rayek and Tess' wedding; Orion celebration), he creates NPCs, whole embassies of them to contribute to the simm and help to engage players. He spends more than just his time for the simm and site to provide us with awesome pictures and graphics of our station and ships.

We can truly say, even as our Captain and the contribution that is expected of him, he goes above and beyond what is asked of him and for that we wholeheartedly want to recognize you, Solluk.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:33:36 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 03:30:03 pm »
Solluk
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 00:12:16 »

Commanding Officer's Presentation

One of the most rewarding parts of a CO's duties involves the chance to recognize the players and contributors who have helped to elevate a simple collaborative writing game into a true Star Trek Experience.  These are the people who work both within the game and upon its administrative structures to make sure it is a good time for all.

As such, it is my honor to award the following articles of recognition:

Best Newcomer Award

Sometimes, a new player comes aboard a sim whose presence is widely felt, whose impact is undeniable.  This cycle's Best Newcomer Award deservedly goes to Zex, who has been a profound addition to our diplomatic corps and whose presence has been felt throughout the game.

Most Improved Player Award

Sometimes, a player who has been a reliable participant will experiences a surge of creative energy, and this energy will wash over a whole sim and inject it with new life.  Their contributions improve the game for everybody while also expanding the horizons of their own character.  This awards cycle, I am proud to recognize Eydis for this achievement.

Technical Precision Award

One of the things that makes a Star Trek game feel like a Star Trek game is when a player delves deep into the lore and achieves a deep understanding of the world's policies, procedures, science, and technology... and then relates this understanding through the content of their posts.  This is especially challenging in a technobabble-filled world like Trek.  And yet, without such content, the game would feel like generic sci-fi.  It is my great pleasure to make this bi-annual award to Catherine Goodspeed, whose legendary Healy refit post will never be forgot.

Best Duo Award

Spock and McCoy, Data and Laforge, Barclay and the Goddess of Empathy.  Star Trek is rife with classic combos that bring good humor, friendships, and memorable scenes to the franchise.  The Best Duo award celebrates characters that recreate these classic relationships, adding spice, warmth, or flavor to the game.  This cycle, I am proud to honor Eydis and Zex, who have formed a welcome friendship amidst the chaos of diplomacy on Katra station. 

Outstanding Commitment Award

The Outstanding Commitment Award is designed to celebrate players who are constantly engaged in a sim.  Unfortunately, not every player has the opportunity to earn this award.  Real life can get in the way.  Illness and Daily Distraction can take their toll.  The winner of this cycle's awards has suffered all manner of impediment in providing regular contribution... but they have persevered and been an engaged player anyway.  I honor Hrafn Falleg, who always manages to check into mission posts and holodecks despite a constant storm of challenges.  We are all better for it. 

Outstanding Contribution Award

The Outstanding Contrubution Award is granted to players who make large contributions to the game not only within the context of their posts, but also by helping out with administrative and organizational tasks.  Nobody who has been paying attention can doubt that Tess has taken the lead on projects outside of her normal duties.  Most recently and notably, she has responded to player concerns by spearheading our trigger-warning project.  The project is nearly complete thanks to her diligent efforts, and will soon be available for anyone to use who wishes to voluntarily flag their posts as potentially containing content that- while within the rules- may nonetheless create concerns among sensitive individuals.  The amount of work that has gone into this special project alone is worthy of recognition.  It is my pleasure to give this award to Tess t'Lhoell.

Captain's Personal Merit Award

The Captain's Personal Merit Award is an award that the CO of a sim can give to any player for any reason of individual merit.  This cycle, I would like to use this award to recognize my new Executive Officer, Tess t'Lhoell, who stepped into a difficult position at a difficult time.  The loss of my former XO could have been an extremely disruptive event, but Tess went up to bat and hit one home-run after another, making sure that any difficulties of the transition were smoothed over by way of her exemplary commitment to her duties.  For this reason, Tess t'Lhoell has ably earned this cycle's recognition.

For all those who have been named here, and to all of our fantastic players who devote themselves to this game week after week, you have my thanks for making our sim a great one.  I firmly believe Katra is an example of the best Shadowfleet has to offer, and this is because of all of you.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:36:28 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:30:35 pm »
Beja
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 00:28:28 »

Congratulations to everyone!!! Katra is filled with some of the best writers that I have had the honor to write with. Thank you everyone for allowing me to become a better writer for getting to be part of Katra!

Archivist Four

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 03:31:03 pm »
Zex
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 14:42:05 »

Thank you for the shiny new awards!
And congrats to everyone else!

Go Katra!

Archivist Four

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 03:31:39 pm »
Rayek trLhoell
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 15:36:58 »

Thank you for the awards received. It is a pleasure to be able to share building these stories with you all. Congratulations again to all the recipients!

Hugs to all

Archivist Four

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 03:32:21 pm »
John Saxon
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 22:06:27 »

Goodness. Thanks to those who voted - 'Crew Choice Award' is a rare honour and I appreciate the thought. The same goes for 'Most Engaging Member' - truly humbled.

But huge congratulations to everyone else. It's been a great few years being a part of this great sim.

Archivist Four

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 03:33:09 pm »
Catherine Goodspeed
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 23:02:30 »

Wow.. just wow.  Thank you SO much! :)  Its so lovely to be part of our little group. To quote  the programme IT Crowd: "ich bin ein nerd".   ;D

Archivist Four

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 03:33:53 pm »
Hrafn Falleg
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 14:31:58 »

Captain... you made me cry again! 

Thank you!

And congrats everyone! :)