Author Topic: July 2019 - Katra Station Recognition Awards Ceremony (July 10, 2019)  (Read 397 times)

Archivist Four

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on July 10, 2019, 09:29:37 AM

Welcome Katra Station Officers and Crew to our 2nd Bi-annual Awards Ceremony.

One of the best parts of being a Command Level Officer is these times when we have the opportunity and honor to recognize all the amazing talent that Shadowfleet has. 

So over the course of the next few posts the Command Staff will each post a selection of Awards to be handed out.  It will begin with Lieutenant Moreno announcing the Service Awards and Crew Choice.  Followed by myself noting several of the Posting Ability awards and the Executive Merit Award.  Then summed up by the Captain announcing the Extra Contribution Award and the Captain's Merit Award. 

I am so very proud to have been chosen to help run this simm and I look forward many more years with you all.

Archivist Four

Re: July 2019 - Katra Station Recognition Awards Ceremony (July 10, 2019)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 02:48:14 pm »
Quote from: Tess tLhoell on July 10, 2019, 22:18:47

Dear fellow officers and crewmates!

It is my honor and my pleasure to present the Service Awards and Crew Choice Award to you!

6 Month Service Ribbon

Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.

Lieutenant JG John Saxon
Arrun Dihsar (missing from previous year)

1 Year Service Ribbon

Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year.

Lieutenant Tess Moreno
Arrun Dihsar (missing from previous year)

2 Year Service Ribbon

Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years.

Captain Solluk

3 Year Service Ribbon

Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years.

Lieutenant Hrafn Falleg-Tekin

Crew Choice Award

This year after two votes there were two individuals who tied.

Senior Chief Jada
Commander Rayek tr'Lhoell

Congratulations to all recipients!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:51:26 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:50:16 pm »
Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on July 11, 2019, 00:22:10

I have the privilege and honour to hand out the awards for POSTING ABILITY.   These include Awards for Posting Excellence, Descriptive Combat, Technical Precision etc.

Posting Excellence Award
Awarded in January and July to one player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills.
Lieutenant Tess Moreno
It's near impossible to tell from Tess' posts that English is not her 1st language.  She always astounds me with the quality, and depth of her posts.

Descriptive Combat Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has demonstrated an ability to convey the action of combat in their posts.
Lieutenant jg. John Saxon
For his well-described and immersive space combat scenes; and inventive and unique ways to take out a Dosi cruiser. 
(Just don't wreck my station again - the saucers are not discus').

Best Newcomer Award
Awarded to the player who has demonstrated excellence, and who joined after the last awards ceremony.
Ensign Kalem Michael
Kalem has been a go-getter, bringing a lot of life and activity to Katra's fighter squadrons.

Technical Precision Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.
Lieutenant jg. John Saxon
This award was one of those that there were so many good nominations to select from.  But in the end Saxon with his Dosi battle tactics won out.

Most Engaging Member Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.
Arrun Dihsar
He has single-handedly created a freighter that feels lived-in and crew that feels alive, granting a civilian perspective to our stories and inspiring many civilian subplots.

ALT Award
This is awarded to those players who have more than one character played on the site.
The Main character is awarded this when playing a 1st Alt. 
The 1st Alt is awarded this when a 2nd Alt is created and played.
Lieutenant Tess Moreno for her 1st alt - Juraan Ren
Lieutenant Hrafn Falleg for her 2nd alt - Lawrie McGellen

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award
Awarded in January and July by the executive officer, to a player of his or her choosing.

Selecting the recipient for this award wasn't easy.   There are a good many amazing writers aboard our small station.  But for this award I wanted to recognize a player who has helped bring my own character to life in ways that I had only dreamed of.  She has helped me build a background for Rayek, exploring aspects of his character that are new even to me.   For that, I thank you.
But what is remarkable is that she does this same thing for any that have the inclination to do holodecks with her.  Battle wounds with Jada.  Task of the Century with Saxon. She's created NPC's such as Raiden Darrow and Benjin Moreno that she uses to join in Holodeck all over the Fleet.  Even with 2 alts she is an amazingly active player.  For all these reasons she is my pick for the Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award.  Congratulations!

Lieutenant Tess Moreno
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:53:33 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 02:51:19 pm »
Quote from: Solluk on July 11, 2019, 07:46:50

It is my pleasure to conclude the award ceremony by naming these invaluable souls deeply deserving of honor:

Before I begin, I wanted to say that there are few players on Katra who aren't worthy of recognition.  If my player base were split among many ships, any number of them might qualify for these same awards.  It is a blessing to have so many worthy contributors.  But at awards time, it makes for painful decisions.  All of you here keep company with giants, and all of you wear glory in my eyes.

OTC Graduate Ribbon
First, a special mention of Beja who recently completed her officer training and earned the OTC ribbon.  She is also on the cusp of her Lieutenant, j.g. posting threshold.  Congratulations!

The Outstanding Commitment Award
This award is granted to players who are always on, always posting, always interacting, and making the game feel more vibrant and alive with their efforts.  Tess Moreno has embodied this commitment, and can universally be counted on to be here, engaged and involved.  For this outstanding commitment, we recognize her.

Best Duo Award
Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.   More than mere 'cooperation' I also wanted to recognize a pair who consistently write engaging scenes together.  I grant this to Rayek and Tess, who have built up a great series of cooperative posts both in mission and out.

The Contribution Award
This award is granted to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.  What may not be generally known is how much Saxon has contributed with mission ideas, canon research, and technical details for Katra station and new quadrant aliens.  He largely does this work behind the scenes in emails and forum messages.  I felt it was time to bring this work to general attention.  Saxon, for all the texture you have brought to the sim outside of your posts, I recognize you.

The Lizzie Vaughan Outstanding Contribution Award
It's hard to give awards to people in the senior staff, as they are privy to all of the details of the award process.  As a consequence, the recipient of this award has been bamboozled into thinking that someone else was going to get it.  The write-up for this award criteria is as follows: "Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities. The Contribution Award must be earned before this award."   If there was a picture of this award in the encyclopedia, and it didn't have a ribbon design attached, then it would definitely be a picture of Rayek.  Rayek has deserved this award way back since Katra was first conceived, providing the most excellent help to the Admiralty who first commanded Katra, and then becoming an invaluable assistant with running the station under my command. Most recently, Rayek exemplified the merit of this awart by running our Predator mission almost single-handedly.  There can't be the slightest doubt that Rayek is the living avatar of 'Outstanding Contribution.'  It is therefore my pleasure to honor the person I simply couldn't run this sim without.  Thank you, Rayek.

Captain's Personal Merit Award
The award criteria for this award is rather vague:  "Awarded in January and July by the commanding officer, to a player of his or her choosing."   Well, it can be awarded for any reason I like, apparently.  I'm going to use it today to honor someone who was a beacon of light for Katra during the first half of the year, when I was still new to the station.  She was our Second Officer, and was a whirling dervish of activity.  She won the respect of everyone in a time of tumult and change in the fleet.  Eventually, she had to step down as Second Officer for the best of reasons:  She was promoted to Captain.  It's probably not possible that she will be able to make the same impacts for Katra now that she has taken a command of her own and is no longer involved in Katra admin.   But I did not want her earlier contributions both in the game and in the sim administration to be overlooked or to go unmentioned just because she took on a sim of her own. 
Hrafn, thank you for all that you've done for us.  This award is for you.

Bonus Item Follows!   Rayek will be handing out bonus ribbons for 'players who guest starred on another sim.'  These will be posted below.

Congratulations to all of our winners! 

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:55:29 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:01:32 pm »
Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on July 11, 2019, 12:21:20 AM

During Katra's 5th mission [url forum/season-one-missions/imminent-domain-part-ii/msg213079/#msg213079]"Imminent Domain pt 2"[/url] we had the pleasure of posting alongside the USS Discovery while they came to our rescue, during their Season13 5th Mission [url forum/season-13/s13-m5-best-laid-plans/]"Best Laid Plans"[/url].  This was a Joint Simm the likes of which I am told has not been seen before with both crews coming together seamlessly to create an unforgettable mission.  Those who were present and active for that and the Follow-up mission [url forum/season-one-missions/s1-m6-the-binds-that-tie/]"The Binds that Tie"[/url] and [url forum/season-13/season-13-episode-6-grief-and-morals-11209/]"Grief and Morals"[/url] will be recognized here.

FLEET SERVICE AWARD

From the USS Discovery:
Captain Tekin Nevir
Commander Ian Galloway
Commander T'Ra Jones
(Best Laid Plans only)
Lieutenant Don Addams
Lieutenant Juraan Ren
Lieutenant Susan Venator
(Best Laid Plans only)
Ensign Solen Cenn  (Best Laid Plans only)
Ensign Kyjann (Grief and Morals only)
Petty Officer 3rd grade Danjar-Torra
Crewman Evandav Bernvarn
EQ
(Best Laid Plans only)

From Katra Station:
Captain Solluk
Commander Rayek tr'Lhoell
Lieutenant Hrafn Falleg-Tekin
Lieutenant John Saxon
Lieutenant Tess Moreno
Lieutenant Eli Ferris
Lieutenant Kachina Filitov
(guest starring from USS Shran)
Ensign Kalem Michael
Senior Chief Jada
Civilian Arrun Dihsar

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:56:57 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 03:03:16 pm »
Jada « Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 11:34:48 »

Congratulations everyone! I'm sure it was all well earned. And thanks for my award. :)

Archivist Four

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 03:03:54 pm »
Tess tLhoell « Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:54:30 »

First of all congratulations to all fellow recipients!  :D

Thank you for the recognition I received here, I'm honestly overwhelmed! Some of the words directed at me touched my heart, thank you for that.

I'm glad and proud to be part of the Katra crew and I'm looking forward to many more thrilling adventures with you all!  :D

Archivist Four

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 03:05:43 pm »
Ruth Sigurdsdottir « Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 14:43:44 »

Quote from: Solluk

Captain's Personal Merit Award
The award criteria for this award is rather vague:  "Awarded in January and July by the commanding officer, to a player of his or her choosing."   Well, it can be awarded for any reason I like, apparently.  I'm going to use it today to honor someone who was a beacon of light for Katra during the first half of the year, when I was still new to the station.  She was our Second Officer, and was a whirling dervish of activity.  She won the respect of everyone in a time of tumult and change in the fleet.  Eventually, she had to step down as Second Officer for the best of reasons:  She was promoted to Captain.  It's probably not possible that she will be able to make the same impacts for Katra now that she has taken a command of her own and is no longer involved in Katra admin.   But I did not want her earlier contributions both in the game and in the sim administration to be overlooked or to go unmentioned just because she took on a sim of her own. 
Hrafn, thank you for all that you've done for us.  This award is for you.

Oh my, I don't normally get emotional about awards but this one... I'm bawling my eyes out! Thank you.

Congratulations to everyone on their respective ribbons!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:57:29 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 03:07:48 pm »
Rayek trLhoell « Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 05:22:58 »

Thank you so much for your kind words about my contribution to the simm.  This award even before it's renaming would have meant alot, but now it is even more so special.  I had wanted Hrafn to receive this award for all that she had done back at the start of the year when Solluk wasn't quite fully in place as Captain and after the Dosi attack for coming up with a subplot that was very personal to several characters.

Congratulations to all the Award winners!

Archivist Four

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 03:08:37 pm »
John Saxon « Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 11:27:51 »

Humbled. Truly. Thank you.

Real life has seriously impacted my persistent interaction of late, but I have only now demanded to myself that I take back focus from work and other distractions in order to continue what I enjoy the most: writing with all my much more competent-than-I writers on the Katra. You are all an inspiration.

Archivist Four

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 03:09:10 pm »
Arrun Dihsar « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 18:09:17 »

Holy crow! I JUST saw this and lots of wow all around! Thanks for the recognition and kudos to the many others who got some cool ribbons as well!