Author Topic: S1M4 - Autopoiesis  (Read 2773 times)

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: S1M4 - Autopoiesis
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2021, 05:18:22 PM »
[Shuttle]

Takima had the shuttle above the planet when the ground defense of the planet had destroyed the ships which was coming toward the facility and they had one coming after them.

damn The pilot thought. He was bitting down on his jaw which showed the tension of the muscles on the side of his jaw. It seemed the ground defense blew up the offensive side. Which maybe gave them the break to escape without being seen. He was to busy to see because he was focusing on his job.

“Yes. We need get out of here. And we use that as an opportunity,” he said as he pulled up the warp drive speed window on the holographic image. He sent coordinates at Amalthea location and done a warp jump to get them out of there.

He looked at Matimba and smiled, “I think we make a great team,” he shared. “Did you think we got cleared without being seen?” He asked.

=/\= Amalthea Takima and Matimba reporting for duty! =/\= He said with a grin.

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Experienced Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2021, 09:28:45 AM »

[Shuttle]

[Shuttle]

Takima had the shuttle above the planet when the ground defense of the planet had destroyed the ships which was coming toward the facility and they had one coming after them.

damn The pilot thought. He was bitting down on his jaw which showed the tension of the muscles on the side of his jaw. It seemed the ground defense blew up the offensive side. Which maybe gave them the break to escape without being seen. He was to busy to see because he was focusing on his job.

“Yes. We need get out of here. And we use that as an opportunity,” he said as he pulled up the warp drive speed window on the holographic image. He sent coordinates at Amalthea location and done a warp jump to get them out of there.

He looked at Matimba and smiled, “I think we make a great team,” he shared. “Did you think we got cleared without being seen?” He asked.

=/\= Amalthea Takima and Matimba reporting for duty! =/\= He said with a grin.

Mitumba, who had turned off his holo-projectors by now, grinned back at the Romulan, baring his teeth as he did so. "I think so too, Sir", the Caitian replied, relieved that the mission came to an end now. "I was hoping we would get out without being seen." He paused briefly. Actually they had been seen. But ironically the people at the ground had come to their help - unknowingly. He watched with dismay as more and more ships came through the anomaly.

Tordel
[Bridge]

=/\= Amalthea Takima and Matimba reporting for duty! =/\=

Tordel's face lighted up with relief.  =/\= "Acknowledged, Lieutenant! We await you back!" =/\=

Captain Tess t'Lhoell
[USS Amalthea - Deck 8 - Sickbay]

Tess knew she was needed on the bridge. But she couldn't take her eyes off Rayek, even less move away from his side.

"I'll take care of him", Roberto said softly to her. "Go. You're needed up there."

Her eyes met Roberto's; she hesitated, although she knew he was right. Her face was a grimace of worry as she took another second to look at her husband. She reached for his hand, squeezed it gently - a silent temporary good-bye. Taking a deep breath she let go of his hand and looked to Roberto. "Keep me informed."

He nodded. "I will."

Taking a look at Rayek once more, she eventually turned around and left the sickbay.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 09:52:49 AM by Tess tLhoell »
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Rayek tr’Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2021, 02:42:16 PM »
Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Tess t'Lhoell

While Roberto worked on synthesizing the required medication for Rayek, Tess stared at the bio bed monitor. The second cordrazine shot had helped for the moment again, but Tess doubted a third one would help if it was necessary. While she observed Rayek's vital signs, she heard conversation spoken on the bridge since Cadet t'Movel had left the channel open.

She was relieved to hear that Mitumba and Takima had made it to the shuttle. She hoped that meant that the mission was soon completed. Just in time, as she was hearing that more ships passed throught the anomaly now. Roberto stepped up to the bed and injected Domercepral, an agent that would neutralize the toxin, hopefully. Hopefully, because they had not dealt with that specific toxin before.

=/\= "Transporter Room, prepare to beam up the probe." =/\=

Through the comm channel Tess heard Tordel report that the shuttle had been spotted.  =/\= "Bridge, please confirm. The shuttle has been spotted? By how many?" =/\=

=/\= "Two of the ships that had passed through the anomaly, Sir. But the past population has destroyed them with cannon balls!" =/\=

=/\= "Is the shuttle safe?" =/\=

=/\= "Yes, they're heading towards us." =/\=

Tess then turned to check on Rayek. There were only slight changes in the readings but they were for the better.

Consciousness returned in increments.  First there was the awareness that he existed. That despite the fading vision of Vorta Vor in his mind, he had actually survived.  Then came recollection of being shot.. and poisoned by the projectile.. of Padrini working to remove the bullet and aiding him... and then the last of his conscious memories of Tess being there in Sickbay to look after.  All this took but a fraction of second, before he became aware of his surroundings.  He was in Sickbay still and the familiar presence at his side he could tell was Tess.  Relief washed over Rayek. 

He could hear Tess' voice speaking but couldn't fully make out what it was she was saying; however whatever it wasn't directed to him presently, since she was responding using her Captain's tone.  A tone entirely different from the voice she commonly used when speaking to him privately.   Another voice joined Tess' conversation.  Tordel's.

Rayek attempted to focus this attention to figure out what was being said. What he heard was a bit concerning. The shuttle had been spotted?  Fvadt!  Rayek attempted to open his eyes then but no amount of effort on his part seemed capable of making that desire a reality.

The conversation continued and he was grateful to learn that the ships that had spotted the shuttle were now destroyed. A terrible thing to be grateful given the loss of life but Rayek realized with that 'sacrifice' the Prime Directive was maintained.. at a cost.

It was then that the Transporter Room replied to Tess' earlier order. 
=/\= "Aye, Captain.  We have a partial lock on the probe. The anti-matter radiation is still causing some interference with the transporter.  But we are ready to attempt beam out on your order." =/\=

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Tess knew she was needed on the bridge. But she couldn't take her eyes off Rayek, even less move away from his side.

"I'll take care of him", Roberto said softly to her. "Go. You're needed up there."

Her eyes met Roberto's; she hesitated, although she knew he was right. Her face was a grimace of worry as she took another second to look at her husband. She reached for his hand, squeezed it gently - a silent temporary good-bye. Taking a deep breath she let go of his hand and looked to Roberto. "Keep me informed."

He nodded. "I will."

Taking a look at Rayek once more, she eventually turned around and left the sickbay.

Rayek continued to try to open his eyes, to let Tess know he was conscious, but full even that limited movement still eluded him as he listened to Tess and Padrini discuss her leaving him in the other doctor's care.   The soft tone Padrini used to convince Tess had Rayek inwardly grimacing and seeing red recalling words spoken by the man a year prior.   

..."You probably don't care what I think, but I tell you this: You should have taken advantage of your position while you have been XO to get rid of me, because once Tess will have enough of your egotism, I will be right there to comfort her." ...

It seemed to Rayek that the doctor had never given up his interest in Tess, and like a vulture at the site of a kill, here Padrini was circling, making nice with HIS wife - while Rayek could do nothing to prevent it.

The Romulan could hear Tess'  footsteps beginning to walk away... and in a desperate and selfish bid to keep her with him for just a little while longer, Rayek reached out to her with his mind - hoping he had at least that ability still.

~"E'lev, I'm here. Please don't leave just yet"~ A tinge of fear laced his thoughts at the idea of Tess leaving his side so soon after he nearly died.

Meanwhile on the Bridge, Tordel was watching the assembled future ships as they began to disperse across the planet.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 02:45:51 PM by Rayek tr’Lhoell »
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Experienced Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Consciousness returned in increments.  First there was the awareness that he existed. That despite the fading vision of Vorta Vor in his mind, he had actually survived.  Then came recollection of being shot.. and poisoned by the projectile.. of Padrini working to remove the bullet and aiding him... and then the last of his conscious memories of Tess being there in Sickbay to look after.  All this took but a fraction of second, before he became aware of his surroundings.  He was in Sickbay still and the familiar presence at his side he could tell was Tess.  Relief washed over Rayek. 

He could hear Tess' voice speaking but couldn't fully make out what it was she was saying; however whatever it wasn't directed to him presently, since she was responding using her Captain's tone.  A tone entirely different from the voice she commonly used when speaking to him privately.   Another voice joined Tess' conversation.  Tordel's.

Rayek attempted to focus this attention to figure out what was being said. What he heard was a bit concerning. The shuttle had been spotted?  Fvadt!  Rayek attempted to open his eyes then but no amount of effort on his part seemed capable of making that desire a reality.

The conversation continued and he was grateful to learn that the ships that had spotted the shuttle were now destroyed. A terrible thing to be grateful given the loss of life but Rayek realized with that 'sacrifice' the Prime Directive was maintained.. at a cost.

It was then that the Transporter Room replied to Tess' earlier order. 
=/\= "Aye, Captain.  We have a partial lock on the probe. The anti-matter radiation is still causing some interference with the transporter.  But we are ready to attempt beam out on your order." =/\=

=/\= "Work together with Science to make sure no one is near the probe when we make our attempt. When everything is clear, beam the probe up as soon as you have a stable lock on the probe." =/\=

Rayek continued to try to open his eyes, to let Tess know he was conscious, but full even that limited movement still eluded him as he listened to Tess and Padrini discuss her leaving him in the other doctor's care.   The soft tone Padrini used to convince Tess had Rayek inwardly grimacing and seeing red recalling words spoken by the man a year prior.   

..."You probably don't care what I think, but I tell you this: You should have taken advantage of your position while you have been XO to get rid of me, because once Tess will have enough of your egotism, I will be right there to comfort her." ...

It seemed to Rayek that the doctor had never given up his interest in Tess, and like a vulture at the site of a kill, here Padrini was circling, making nice with HIS wife - while Rayek could do nothing to prevent it.

The Romulan could hear Tess'  footsteps beginning to walk away... and in a desperate and selfish bid to keep her with him for just a little while longer, Rayek reached out to her with his mind - hoping he had at least that ability still.

~"E'lev, I'm here. Please don't leave just yet"~ A tinge of fear laced his thoughts at the idea of Tess leaving his side so soon after he nearly died.

The doors were already opening as Tess approached them, but then a voice made her stop in her tracks. It was no voice she heard with her ears, but only with her mind. The voice was welcome in her mind and gave her only good and warm memories.

She turned around, her heart clenching when she sensed the fear he felt. Without hesitation she walked back to the bed, but found Rayek seemingly still unconscious. "I'm here", she said quietly and reached for his hand. She glanced up at the biobed readings. Slowly but surely they were improving.

"Tess? You don't need to be worried. He will be fine", Roberto said, apparently thinking she still needed someone to comfort her.

"He's awake. Give him 2 cc's of Cordafin", Tess replied and looked back at Rayek. "I won't leave you", she whispered.

Roberto seemed to hesitate briefly, but then administered the stimulant to Rayek.
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Rayek tr’Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2021, 12:08:50 AM »
Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

=/\= "Work together with Science to make sure no one is near the probe when we make our attempt. When everything is clear, beam the probe up as soon as you have a stable lock on the probe." =/\=

The doors were already opening as Tess approached them, but then a voice made her stop in her tracks. It was no voice she heard with her ears, but only with her mind. The voice was welcome in her mind and gave her only good and warm memories.

She turned around, her heart clenching when she sensed the fear he felt. Without hesitation she walked back to the bed, but found Rayek seemingly still unconscious. "I'm here", she said quietly and reached for his hand. She glanced up at the biobed readings. Slowly but surely they were improving.

"Tess? You don't need to be worried. He will be fine", Roberto said, apparently thinking she still needed someone to comfort her.

"He's awake. Give him 2 cc's of Cordafin", Tess replied and looked back at Rayek. "I won't leave you", she whispered.

Roberto seemed to hesitate briefly, but then administered the stimulant to Rayek.

That Tess heard him and chose to return to his side had Rayek ecstatic with joy.  Not that it showed.  Physically, because of the still lingering toxin, that joy translated to no more than fluttered heartbeat.  But Rayek felt it. And because of her returning to his side, and his telepathy, Rayek knew that Tess felt it as well. 

The injected stimulant hit his system moments later and finally Rayek had the ability to open his eyes and gazed up into the face... of Padrini?!  Wincing with effort, Rayek turned his head and sought out Tess' incredible blue eyes.   Upon finding them, Rayek's lips curved into a small smile that grew wider and more natural with each second that passed.  His hand reached out to hers.   It was like her presence renewed his strength.  Medically it was likely the chelation treatment beginning to proper effect filtering out the toxin from his blood.

~ Hann'yyo, e'lev.  Hwi s'tivh orhae arhva.~  The thought expressed to her, his thanks that she saved him.  Though it wasn't just this one medical incident he was referring to, but for continuing to choose him and thereby saving him from being alone, now and into the future.

Rayek could have lingered hours smiling up at her face, sharing with her how much he loved her and needed her with him, but Rayek was rarely that fortunate and with Tess' position as Captain things were bound to interrupt.

=/\= "Transporter Room to the Captain.  We have a lock.  Initiating transport now." =/\= 

The sound of the transporter effect was heard over the comm system a moment later and Rayek glanced about half expecting the probe to re-materialize there in Sickbay... but of course that wasn't the case. 

=/\= "Transport complete.  The probe is being  secured in Cargo Bay One." =/\=

That call was followed up barely a moment later by the junior security officer Tess had handed conn to - a fact that Rayek only knew from having shared thoughts with her moments ago.

=/\= "Lieutenant Moors to the Captain.  We are tracking the movements of the other ships which came through the temporal distortion, and they seem to be staging tactically around the planet, ma'am." =/\= 

Though the call was phrased as just an update, there was a clear need for direction in the young officers' tone.  Rayek was reminded again on how the majority of the crew even it's department heads were barely 5 months out of the Academy.

Rayek knew both from his own experience and Tess' thoughts as they shifted away from him and onto the needs of the ship, that Tess had to return to the Bridge.  She'd chosen him over the ship for those precious moments that he'd needed her, but now that he was fully conscious she had a responsibility to the rest of the ship.   The First Officer in him understood that, even if the romantic part of him lamented that reality. 

With a parting caress, he withdrew from her mind.  "You need to go... I know this.  I am feeling much better already.   I'll join you on the Bridge as soon as I can," Rayek assured.

NPC Ensign Tordel t'Movel
[USS Amalthea - Deck 4 - Bridge]

Tordel watched the shuttle approach the ship's hidden location.

=/\= "Shuttle bay doors opening." =/\=  she announced professionally, but then couldn't help but add in a little extra to those that had gone the distance and completed the mission.  =/\= "Welcome back home! You'll be happy to hear the probe was beamed aboard safely.  Great work you two! Oh engineer says they will meet you just out of the shuttle to take possession of the anti-matter and deal with it properly." =/\=
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:28:21 AM by Rayek tr’Lhoell »
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

That Tess heard him and chose to return to his side had Rayek ecstatic with joy.  Not that it showed.  Physically, because of the still lingering toxin, that joy translated to no more than fluttered heartbeat.  But Rayek felt it. And because of her returning to his side, and his telepathy, Rayek knew that Tess felt it as well. 

The injected stimulant hit his system moments later and finally Rayek had the ability to open his eyes and gazed up into the face... of Padrini?!  Wincing with effort, Rayek turned his head and sought out Tess' incredible blue eyes.   Upon finding them, Rayek's lips curved into a small smile that grew wider and more natural with each second that passed.  His hand reached out to hers.   It was like her presence renewed his strength.  Medically it was likely the chelation treatment beginning to proper effect filtering out the toxin from his blood.

~ Hann'yyo, e'lev.  Hwi s'tivh orhae arhva.~  The thought expressed to her, his thanks that she saved him.  Though it wasn't just this one medical incident he was referring to, but for continuing to choose him and thereby saving him from being alone, now and into the future.

Rayek could have lingered hours smiling up at her face, sharing with her how much he loved her and needed her with him, but Rayek was rarely that fortunate and with Tess' position as Captain things were bound to interrupt.

=/\= "Transporter Room to the Captain.  We have a lock.  Initiating transport now." =/\= 

The sound of the transporter effect was heard over the comm system a moment later and Rayek glanced about half expecting the probe to re-materialize there in Sickbay... but of course that wasn't the case. 

That call was followed up barely a moment later by the junior security officer Tess had handed conn to - a fact that Rayek only knew from having shared thoughts with her moments ago.

=/\= "Lieutenant Moors to the Captain.  We are tracking the movements of the other ships which came through the temporal distortion, and they seem to be staging tactically around the planet, ma'am." =/\= 

Though the call was phrased as just an update, there was a clear need for direction in the young officers' tone.  Rayek was reminded again on how the majority of the crew even it's department heads were barely 5 months out of the Academy.

Rayek knew both from his own experience and Tess' thoughts as they shifted away from him and onto the needs of the ship, that Tess had to return to the Bridge.  She'd chosen him over the ship for those precious moments that he'd needed her, but now that he was fully conscious she had a responsibility to the rest of the ship.   The First Officer in him understood that, even if the romantic part of him lamented that reality. 

With a parting caress, he withdrew from her mind.  "You need to go... I know this.  I am feeling much better already.   I'll join you on the Bridge as soon as I can," Rayek assured.

Tordel watched the shuttle approach the ship's hidden location.

=/\= "Shuttle bay doors opening." =/\=  she announced professionally, but then couldn't help but add in a little extra to those that had gone the distance and completed the mission.  =/\= "Welcome back home! You'll be happy to hear the probe was beamed aboard safely.  Great work you two! Oh engineer says they will meet you just out of the shuttle to take possession of the anti-matter and deal with it properly." =/\=

[Shuttle]

There was great relief they seemed to be success. The planet with their civil war and situation might be not be good for them. The harm of Starfleet technology will be gone and they won’t be able to use it for their advantage.

=/\= Thank you. It was a team effort. =/\= Rojol had replied. That was true. The humans had a saying on Earth which they had used in Starfleet training. Well he was not on earth but the saying carried through out the fleet. There was no “I” in team.

Landing the shuttle in the bay was like a little fun because it was like trying fly in a cave. There was always taking off and landing a shuttle was the fun part. There was acrobat maneuvers which was fun. However you are not able to use them often. Unless it was in training and practicing.

After the shuttle landed he turned to his fellow crew member, “now we wait for engineering to come. So as we wait. Tell me something about you. Like who you date?” he asked. It was a topic to talk about.

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Experienced Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2021, 12:53:39 AM »
Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

To see Rayek smile up at her had Tess once more being relieved that he was still with her. It had been the second time in a short time that she had almost lost him. Bending down a little towards him, she started caressing his face, gently touching his forehead and moving her hand towards his hair line.

Once more she heard his voice in her mind, what he was saying caused her to smiel a little wider and then she shook her head. He shouldn't have to thank her for that. It was a given for her. "Always, ciccino", she whispered, so quietly that only Rayek could hear it.

During that moment of bonding, incoming calls were interrupting them. Tess squeezed her eyes closed for a moment; it was hard for her right now to switch from her role as concerned and loving wife to that of the Captain she also was.
Tapping her badge, she replied to the transporter officer.  =/\= "Acknowledged. Good job." =/\=

She had barely finished speaking when another call came in, from the bridge this time. She too picked up on the questioning tone in the young Lieutenant's voice. She looked down, seeking Rayek's eyes and she knew he understood. It was there in that moment that a small voice in the back of her mind wondered if she could carry on like this. Having her father severely injured and her husband almost killed twice, she also wondered if it was a reflection on the quality of her captaincy.

Squeezing Rayek's hand a final time she looked at him lovingly. "Take your time to rest. I want you to get well." Her hand touched his cheek gently, there was the thought of 'I love you' in her mind she hoped he'd pick up. Then she turned away and headed to the exit, tapping her comm badge once more to let the Lieutenant know she was on the way up to the bridge.

NPC Lieutenant jg. Roberto Padrini (Medical)

Roberto had been reluctant to give Rayek the stimulant like Tess wanted. If it would have been him alone with the Romulan, he would have given him a tranquilizer and send him to sleep as long as possible. The moments of obvious affection of both of them made him grimace sourly. He was a doctor and it was his obligation to save lives but his rage regarding Rayek having stolen Tess from him slowly but surely made that obligation regarding Rayek less and less important to him. How could Tess not see what kind of a person Rayek really was? He didn't care for her, not in the way he cared for Tess.

When Tess finally moved away and headed to the bridge he nodded at her as he looked after her. Then he was alone with Rayek. He looked down at him while he unhurriedly worked on the hypospray to take out the vial that had contained the stimulant.

"She's made going through a lot lately, isn't she", Padrini commented seemingly casually, but the accusating tone was obviuos.

[USS Amalthea - Shuttlebay]

[Shuttle]

There was great relief they seemed to be success. The planet with their civil war and situation might be not be good for them. The harm of Starfleet technology will be gone and they won’t be able to use it for their advantage.

=/\= Thank you. It was a team effort. =/\= Rojol had replied. That was true. The humans had a saying on Earth which they had used in Starfleet training. Well he was not on earth but the saying carried through out the fleet. There was no “I” in team.

Landing the shuttle in the bay was like a little fun because it was like trying fly in a cave. There was always taking off and landing a shuttle was the fun part. There was acrobat maneuvers which was fun. However you are not able to use them often. Unless it was in training and practicing.

After the shuttle landed he turned to his fellow crew member, “now we wait for engineering to come. So as we wait. Tell me something about you. Like who you date?” he asked. It was a topic to talk about.

Now that they were actually back on board the ship, Mitumba felt relieved enough to smile and lean back in the seat to relax a moment. When Rojol spoke to him the Caitian sat straighter again and was a little surprised as to the question he was asked.

"Oh, um... I date no one at the moment, sir. I was focused on my job on the ship." That was true. Mitumba spent most of his time - even his free time - in the ship's science labs. "And ... and you, sir?", he asked a little hesitantly, unsure if the question was expected from him or inappropriate.
Tess' biography

Rayek tr’Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2021, 06:00:26 PM »
Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

...She had barely finished speaking when another call came in, from the bridge this time. She too picked up on the questioning tone in the young Lieutenant's voice. She looked down, seeking Rayek's eyes and she knew he understood. It was there in that moment that a small voice in the back of her mind wondered if she could carry on like this. Having her father severely injured and her husband almost killed twice, she also wondered if it was a reflection on the quality of her captaincy.

Squeezing Rayek's hand a final time she looked at him lovingly. "Take your time to rest. I want you to get well." Her hand touched his cheek gently, there was the thought of 'I love you' in her mind she hoped he'd pick up. Then she turned away and headed to the exit, tapping her comm badge once more to let the Lieutenant know she was on the way up to the bridge.

Roberto had been reluctant to give Rayek the stimulant like Tess wanted. If it would have been him alone with the Romulan, he would have given him a tranquilizer and send him to sleep as long as possible. The moments of obvious affection of both of them made him grimace sourly. He was a doctor and it was his obligation to save lives but his rage regarding Rayek having stolen Tess from him slowly but surely made that obligation regarding Rayek less and less important to him. How could Tess not see what kind of a person Rayek really was? He didn't care for her, not in the way he cared for Tess.

When Tess finally moved away and headed to the bridge he nodded at her as he looked after her. Then he was alone with Rayek. He looked down at him while he unhurriedly worked on the hypospray to take out the vial that had contained the stimulant.

"She's been going through a lot lately, isn't she", Padrini commented seemingly casually, but the accusing tone was obvious.

Rayek had pulled his mind back before Tess' doubting thoughts began otherwise, he would have been quick to silence that small, negative voice, with some much-needed reassurance.   But he hadn't fully missed seeing her self-doubting expression.  But the look was gone quick, replaced with a loving smile towards him as she touched his cheek fondly and advised him to rest.  He dutifully nodded his agreement and watched her exit the Medbay, one hand half raised in a parting wave towards her, until she was out of sight.

Then he let his hand fall to the biobed in exhaustion.  It was ridiculous how weak he was presently!  Rayek was furious with himself for letting this happen to himself - yet again!   Padrini's words and tone didn't help any.  Rayek cast the doctor a sideways glance.

"Yes, I'm fully aware of that, doctor." he sighed.  "Rather than point out the obvious, what can you do to speed up this treatment so that I can fulfil my obligations to my Captain and wife and be there for her so she doesn't need to shoulder so much of the ship's responsibility alone?"

Despite how weak he felt, Rayek levered himself up into a sitting position, and glanced behind him to his own bio-readings.   While Rayek wasn't a doctor, he could understand the basics of what was displayed.  He noted that he'd been given chelation drugs to neutralize the toxin in his bloodstream.  He noted the dosage.

"Am I correct in assuming my treatment dosage was started off at the minimum for my weight class?  I'd like you to authorize and sign off on an increase of the chelation drugs to its max for my physiology.  I recognize this is not standard practice but if given this and placed on fast drip IV fluids at the same time then it should speed my recovery 10 fold."  Rayek stated.  He couldn't sit around and wait days for the poison to slowly leave his system.

The turbolift doors opened with a soft swish sound.  "Captain on the Bridge!" announced the Petty officer standing watch, and noted her arrival into the duty log.

Tordel glanced over her shoulder from her position at Ops took see in what state the Captain was.  The Romulan cadet knew her own mother, Phara, was barely holding it together with Lared still being held in Sickbay; whereas the Captain, had both her father and her husband now injured... again.

Before being assigned to the Amalthea, Tordel had met the Captain a couple of times, back when Tess was a Commander.  She and Commander Rayek would visit with her parents, sharing a meal and friendly conversation.  So it was fair to say Tordel mostly new the Captain in a more personal fashion, as such she worried over her well-being.  She wanted to offer her support but didn't know how to say that.. here on the Bridge.

Tordel sighed and returned her attention back to her console where she was tracking the movements of all the aircraft from the future were overlaid a map of the planet. 

"Captain.  I'm glad your back.  Take a look at this...  Cadet t'Movel - put the map on the mainscreen."

It took but a second for Tordel to respond to Lieutenant JG Moors request.  The mainscreen then mirrored her own showing the spread of the aircraft around the planet.   

"Every major city seems to be a target.  At current speeds the farthest aircraft should be arriving to their destination within 3 hrs.   The others are holding position at higher altitude than before so the ground weapons used previously aren't effective." Tordel stated then waited to answer any question the Captain or others might have.

NPC Ensign Darek tr'Hava

Darek hurried through the Shuttlebay access doors with an anti-grav unit ahead of him.  He  glanced about the large bay looking for the recently arrived Kelso.  The shuttlebay staff seemed to know what he was looking for as several pointed towards the vessel in question.  Through it's cockpit window, Darek noted the pilot and one other still inside and headed that way.  Rather than call over the comms, he waved to grab their attention and then gestured towards the shuttle door - obvious indicating for them to release the locks and open the door so he could gain entrance and collect the anti-matter fuel.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 06:11:12 PM by Rayek tr’Lhoell »

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Experienced Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2021, 01:45:17 AM »

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek had pulled his mind back before Tess' doubting thoughts began otherwise, he would have been quick to silence that small, negative voice, with some much-needed reassurance.   But he hadn't fully missed seeing her self-doubting expression.  But the look was gone quick, replaced with a loving smile towards him as she touched his cheek fondly and advised him to rest.  He dutifully nodded his agreement and watched her exit the Medbay, one hand half raised in a parting wave towards her, until she was out of sight.

Then he let his hand fall to the biobed in exhaustion.  It was ridiculous how weak he was presently!  Rayek was furious with himself for letting this happen to himself - yet again!   Padrini's words and tone didn't help any.  Rayek cast the doctor a sideways glance.

"Yes, I'm fully aware of that, doctor." he sighed.  "Rather than point out the obvious, what can you do to speed up this treatment so that I can fulfil my obligations to my Captain and wife and be there for her so she doesn't need to shoulder so much of the ship's responsibility alone?"

Despite how weak he felt, Rayek levered himself up into a sitting position, and glanced behind him to his own bio-readings.   While Rayek wasn't a doctor, he could understand the basics of what was displayed.  He noted that he'd been given chelation drugs to neutralize the toxin in his bloodstream.  He noted the dosage.

"Am I correct in assuming my treatment dosage was started off at the minimum for my weight class?  I'd like you to authorize and sign off on an increase of the chelation drugs to its max for my physiology.  I recognize this is not standard practice but if given this and placed on fast drip IV fluids at the same time then it should speed my recovery 10 fold."  Rayek stated.  He couldn't sit around and wait days for the poison to slowly leave his system.

Before Roberto could reply to Rayek's initial question, the doctor noted the movement of Rayek sitting up and first he thought he was about to get out of bed. He took a step towards him. "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" He then watched as Rayek glanced at his own bio bed readings and Padrini rolled his eyes without even trying to hide it.

He listened to Rayek's statement and Roberto crossed his arms over his chest. "No." He stared back at him, knowing full well that he was the one holding the whip in hand regarding this. If it came to the crew's wellbeing, the CMO's word stood even above that of the Captain's, let alone the XO's. A little grin tugged at the corner of Roberto's lips. He would enjoy rubbing this in Rayek's face.

"Tess will be better off when she can focus on her job and not having to worry about you." Roberto turned away and picked up the empty hypospray, then opened a drawer and selected a new vial to fill it with.

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

The turbolift doors opened with a soft swish sound.  "Captain on the Bridge!" announced the Petty officer standing watch, and noted her arrival into the duty log.

Tordel glanced over her shoulder from her position at Ops took see in what state the Captain was.  The Romulan cadet knew her own mother, Phara, was barely holding it together with Lared still being held in Sickbay; whereas the Captain, had both her father and her husband now injured... again.

Before being assigned to the Amalthea, Tordel had met the Captain a couple of times, back when Tess was a Commander.  She and Commander Rayek would visit with her parents, sharing a meal and friendly conversation.  So it was fair to say Tordel mostly new the Captain in a more personal fashion, as such she worried over her well-being.  She wanted to offer her support but didn't know how to say that.. here on the Bridge.

Tordel sighed and returned her attention back to her console where she was tracking the movements of all the aircraft from the future were overlaid a map of the planet. 

"Captain.  I'm glad your back.  Take a look at this...  Cadet t'Movel - put the map on the mainscreen."

It took but a second for Tordel to respond to Lieutenant JG Moors request.  The mainscreen then mirrored her own showing the spread of the aircraft around the planet.   

"Every major city seems to be a target.  At current speeds the farthest aircraft should be arriving to their destination within 3 hrs.   The others are holding position at higher altitude than before so the ground weapons used previously aren't effective." Tordel stated then waited to answer any question the Captain or others might have.

Lieutenant jg. Moors had vacated the central chair the second Tess had set foot on the bridge. She acknowledged the young Lieutenant's words with a nod of her head. "You did a good job holding the fort", she quietly told him. She would do everything to strengthen her officer's confidence; it was much needed on this ship.

Her eyes were then drawn to the mainscreen while she listened to Tordel. To see the overwhelming power they were ready to use against their own people who wouldn't be able to stand a chance was gut-wrenching. Even more so since Tess realized that there was nothing they could do. They were not allowed to interfere in any way.

There was a concerned frown on her face. "Continue to observe. Perhaps with us removing the probe, we have taken away the grounds for their research and development of deadly weaponry. If that is so, the effect of that change might travel all the way to the future and change the situation that this act of desparation won't be necessary." If they came too late, then yes, nothing would change and the world above them would face its destruction.
Tess' biography

Rayek tr’Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2021, 09:02:06 PM »
Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Before Roberto could reply to Rayek's initial question, the doctor noted the movement of Rayek sitting up and first he thought he was about to get out of bed. He took a step towards him. "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" He then watched as Rayek glanced at his own bio bed readings and Padrini rolled his eyes without even trying to hide it.

He listened to Rayek's statement and Roberto crossed his arms over his chest. "No." He stared back at him, knowing full well that he was the one holding the whip in hand regarding this. If it came to the crew's wellbeing, the CMO's word stood even above that of the Captain's, let alone the XO's. A little grin tugged at the corner of Roberto's lips. He would enjoy rubbing this in Rayek's face.

"Tess will be better off when she can focus on her job and not having to worry about you." Roberto turned away and picked up the empty hypospray, then opened a drawer and selected a new vial to fill it with.

Rayek scowled when Padrini, of course, opted to deny his request.  For a moment, Rayek thought all hope of possibly convincing the doctor of the soundness of his idea was lost, until the Padrini spoke again saying exactly what Rayek was trying to point out. "Exactly!... except you and I both know she won't stop worrying until I am by her side where she can watch over me herself."  That was perhaps a slight stretch of the truth but Rayek had goal to reach.  "All I am seeking is a way to purge the toxin in a slightly faster manner so that I can return to her side and help lessen her load."

"If you know of a better way then please tell me."

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2021, 07:29:15 PM »
[Shuttle bay]

In the shuttle Rojol nodded his head with Mitumba. He allowed a soft chuckle escape him. “Me too. But I got my eyes on someone,” he shared. There was female Romulan who he liked.

Then out of the corner of his eye he saw someone waving his hand and pointing toward the shuttle. “What in the world does he want? Looks like he is trying to fly with his arms.” Then be barely could hear the engineer calling for the release of the magnet so he could get in. “Drags! Oh I forgot!” he hit the holographic button to release the door.

Then he got up and greeted the Engineer. “Hey there! We got a package for you! I guess we should get ourselves check for radiation.”

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Experienced Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #116 on: 13 hours ago »

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek scowled when Padrini, of course, opted to deny his request.  For a moment, Rayek thought all hope of possibly convincing the doctor of the soundness of his idea was lost, until the Padrini spoke again saying exactly what Rayek was trying to point out. "Exactly!... except you and I both know she won't stop worrying until I am by her side where she can watch over me herself."  That was perhaps a slight stretch of the truth but Rayek had goal to reach.  "All I am seeking is a way to purge the toxin in a slightly faster manner so that I can return to her side and help lessen her load."

"If you know of a better way then please tell me."

Padrini looked back at Rayek, unimpressed by his scowl. "You really think the universe revolves around you, don't you? Do you really think Tess needs an ill Commander to watch over on the bridge right now?" He took a step towards Rayek and looked down on him. "I don't care what you want. I can have you being knocked out for the next couple of hours if I choose to and to be frank, I'd rather have not having to deal with your egotism right now."

Padrini got himself carried away by his extreme dislike of Rayek that he said this. Belatedly he noticed a movement in the corner of his eye and when he turned his head saw nurse Garcia standing there. The way she looked at him suggested that she had heard the whole conversation. Feeling caught Padrini cleared his throat quietly as he straightened up again. "Something I can help you with?", he asked the nurse curtly.

"I just came to check on the Commander", she said slowly. There was a moment of hesitation before she stated, "I think the chelation dosage could be raised considerably."

Padrini glared at her. How dared she? He realized though that this situation could jeopardize his position and he didn't want to get reassigned, away from Tess. So he swallowed his anger and made a show of glancing up at the bio bed readings, seemingly noticing only now the low dosage. "Increase dosage to 16."

The nurse nodded. "Yes, doctor."

Padrini glanced from her to Rayek and then turned to leave for his office.

NPC Ensign Mitumba

[Shuttle bay]

In the shuttle Rojol nodded his head with Mitumba. He allowed a soft chuckle escape him. “Me too. But I got my eyes on someone,” he shared. There was female Romulan who he liked.

Then out of the corner of his eye he saw someone waving his hand and pointing toward the shuttle. “What in the world does he want? Looks like he is trying to fly with his arms.” Then be barely could hear the engineer calling for the release of the magnet so he could get in. “Drags! Oh I forgot!” he hit the holographic button to release the door.

Then he got up and greeted the Engineer. “Hey there! We got a package for you! I guess we should get ourselves check for radiation.”

At Rojol's words the Caitian's eyes widened, his ears pointing attentively towards the Lieutenant. "May I ask on who?", he wanted to know.

He then too noticed someone approaching them and Mitumba grinned a little when the Romulan only then noticed that he had still the holo-projectors activated. Following him out of the shuttle he approched the Engineer. At Rojol's words Mitumba nodded. "We better get to sickbay."
Tess' biography

Rayek tr’Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #117 on: 4 hours ago »
Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Padrini looked back at Rayek, unimpressed by his scowl. "You really think the universe revolves around you, don't you? Do you really think Tess needs an ill Commander to watch over on the bridge right now?" He took a step towards Rayek and looked down on him. "I don't care what you want. I can have you being knocked out for the next couple of hours if I choose to and to be frank, I'd rather have not having to deal with your egotism right now."

Padrini got himself carried away by his extreme dislike of Rayek that he said this. Belatedly he noticed a movement in the corner of his eye and when he turned his head saw nurse Garcia standing there. The way she looked at him suggested that she had heard the whole conversation. Feeling caught Padrini cleared his throat quietly as he straightened up again. "Something I can help you with?", he asked the nurse curtly.

"I just came to check on the Commander", she said slowly. There was a moment of hesitation before she stated, "I think the chelation dosage could be raised considerably."

Padrini glared at her. How dared she? He realized though that this situation could jeopardize his position and he didn't want to get reassigned, away from Tess. So he swallowed his anger and made a show of glancing up at the bio bed readings, seemingly noticing only now the low dosage. "Increase dosage to 16."

The nurse nodded. "Yes, doctor."

Padrini glanced from her to Rayek and then turned to leave for his office.

Rayek knew Padrini had no respect for him. The Italian doctor had made that clear on a number of occasions, but until this day, Rayek hadn't truly thought that the Chief Medical officer was working against him as a patient in terms of best care.  On numerous occasions - today included! - the man had held Rayek's life in his hands.  Rayek had just always assumed the man's professionalism and overarching dedication to the medical field, overrode any squabbles they had personally - not everyone had Rayek's difficulty in keeping personal and professional separate.   

Yet the threat to sedate him just prior to Padrini's awareness of Nurse Garcia.. and then her pointing out the low substantially low dosage which then forced Padrini to adjust his patients course of treatment had Rayek reassessing his assumptions of the man. There was growing evidence that the doctor had been neglecting proper medical procedure and was possibly even compromising his patient's well-being. 

This realization hit Rayek like a brick and he stared at the doctor's back as the Chief Medical Officer turned away.  Tess would be devastated if she were to learn of this.  Padrini was her most trusted medical colleague. 

Rayek's view of the doctor was blocked momentarily as Nurse Garcia stepped into his line of sight in order to up his chelation dosage.   "Thank you, Nurse Garcia."

When she moved away, that's when Rayek noted that Padrini no longer had a hypo in hand.  Had Padrini drawn up an unnecessary sedative shot in order to knock out his patient?  Allegations like that could ruin the doctor's career.   

"Nurse, may I ask for a favor?  A large glass of water.  I feel quite thirsty... oh and a dataPADD, please.. for distraction.  I would like something to watch while my treatment runs through."

Neither Padrini, nor the nurse needed to know that what he intended to watch was the video feed from the Bridge.

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Lieutenant jg. Moors had vacated the central chair the second Tess had set foot on the bridge. She acknowledged the young Lieutenant's words with a nod of her head. "You did a good job holding the fort", she quietly told him. She would do everything to strengthen her officer's confidence; it was much needed on this ship.

Her eyes were then drawn to the mainscreen while she listened to Tordel. To see the overwhelming power they were ready to use against their own people who wouldn't be able to stand a chance was gut-wrenching. Even more so since Tess realized that there was nothing they could do. They were not allowed to interfere in any way.

There was a concerned frown on her face. "Continue to observe. Perhaps with us removing the probe, we have taken away the grounds for their research and development of deadly weaponry. If that is so, the effect of that change might travel all the way to the future and change the situation that this act of desperation won't be necessary." If they came too late, then yes, nothing would change and the world above them would face its destruction.

"Yes ma'am"

Tordel continued monitoring all sensor readings from the probe that was hidden on the other side of the temporal disturbance.  At first she didn't see the difference.  Was it actually different?  Tordel checked back to her log notes to confirm. 

"Ma'am... I think I found something of note on the other side of the temporal anomaly."

NPC Ensign Darek tr'Hava
[Shuttle bay]

NPC Ensign Mitumba

At Rojol's words the Caitian's eyes widened, his ears pointing attentively towards the Lieutenant. "May I ask on who?", he wanted to know.

He then too noticed someone approaching them and Mitumba grinned a little when the Romulan only then noticed that he had still the holo-projectors activated. Following him out of the shuttle he approached the Engineer. At Rojol's words Mitumba nodded. "We better get to sickbay."

Darek was waiting on the other side of the door when it opened.  He was surprised to see the Romulan and Caitian exit.  Hadn't there been two blue-skinned species earlier?  The engineer glanced past them to the interior, but no one else was in sight.   "Just you two aboard?"  he questioned then nodded when the other Romulan officer, whom he recognized as the Alpha shift flight officer, pointed towards the anti-matter container.  "Got it sir.  We from engineering will make good use of this."

At the mention of the two shuttle crew heading to Sickbay.  The Romulan nodded. 

"Yeah, good call... especially if you haven't been inoculated ahead of time."  He gave them a wave as they departed then set to work strengthening the magnetic field on the container in preparation for transport to the ships storage area for such anti-matter fuel.