Author Topic: S1M4 - Autopoiesis  (Read 10291 times)

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: S1M4 - Autopoiesis
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2021, 01:30:22 am »

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell
[P-161129 - Underground compound]

NPC Ensign Mitumba (Science)
[P-161129 - Facility compound]

Mitumba hesitated for a second longer, then nodded his head at the higher-ranking officer's words. "Yes, sir", he confirmed and then crossed the room and walked past the injured Commander not without a concerned sideglance.

Making his way back down the corrior they came from, he stopped near the location where the tied up guard were and listened for unwelcome visitors. Luckily, his superior hearing was not affected by the holo-projection so he would be alarmed in time, he hoped.

NPC Lieutenant jg. Roberto Padrini (Medical)

Roberto's initial reaction to Rayek's prompt to help him up was reluctance, but the Romulan didn't give him time to voice that. Instead he offered a suggestion for a plan and Roberto had to admin, it seemed like their only choice to avoid worse.

Roberto nodded and help Rayek up to his feet. It wasn't easy to steady the taller Romulan, but with a firm grip around Rayek's hip he managed. Though he feared they would be painfully slow like this. Sourly the doctor noted that Rayek was willing to overlook disobediance by the follow Romulan. Typical. He could act like a wild man, endanger the whole away team and get away with it. At Rayek's reminder that he needed his holographic disguise turned on again, Roberto nodded. Fumbling with the PADD with one free hand Roberto quickly activated the projectors again and Rayek transformed into the three-breasted blue-skinned woman again.

"Let's go", Roberto muttered if not for the life-threatening situation Rayek was in then he wanted at least to hurry for his own sake.

While Rayek was assuring himself once more that Takima would be fine, a thought occurred to Roberto. He turned his head towards the door that led to the corridor that hopefully would carry his words to Mitumba at the other end of it. "Mitumba", he called. "Do you see a barrow or anything else with wheels somewhere around there?" He thought that was the only thing that would make them be quicker than having to drag a Romulan behind him who got weaker by the minute.

Mitumba at the other end did pick up Roberto's voice and started to look around. He recalled that there had been a maintenance storage of some kind near where the guard had been left by them. And really, shortly after he found a wheelbarrow that was probably used to transport heavy equipment or something like that. "I have found one here", the Caitian called back.

With his attention on Takima, making sure the Romulan flight officer knew how important a task he was being given, Rayek nearly missed Padrini requisitioning a wheelbarrow.  For a long moment, Rayek puzzled why Padrini would need such an item.  It didn't seem like it would have any medical value.. so why?  Then it dawn on him.  His shoulders slumped and he looked to Padrini with a disbelieving look? 

"You're kidding me, right?  You don't seriously expect me to ride in that?" he questioned incredulous.  Rayek's sense of pride, balked at the fact that he could barely stand much less walk such a distance back to the shuttle. 

"I'm feeling a bit better."  he pointed out in hopes that maybe his body was quick to get rid of the toxins that were killing him... but even he knew it was a stretch.  He had to remind himself that all this was so that he could survive and return home to his family. 

"Fine. Tell Mitumba to bring it here."

A short while later, Rayek with quite a bit of help was seated in the center of the wheelbarrow, gripping the sides to steady himself.   He felt, and no doubt looked, ridiculous.  But Padrini was right this would be a faster and easier way to get him to the shuttle where the doctor could then at least have access to medications to slow the spread of the toxin.

"I'm ready whenever you are."

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:19:36 am by Rayek tr’Lhoell »
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2021, 07:47:43 pm »
[Planet side - Compound facility]

[

Takima as a Romulan had pointy ears that has allowed him to hear Rayek in the background as he was steadying his hands continue his task. The reason why he volunteered because he knew he had better chance at it. Then when he was done. They could get the hell out of here.

As Rayek speaking warning of no mishaps was rather funny. There was times when one has to do things quick and fast. The Commander might not like his style. If so. Tough for him. Rojol was trying do things the fast right way.

“Yes sir,” Rojol had replied.

When the Commander left and leaving Mitumba behind. He snorted. “We can have a party here. Pull out the Romulan wine,” he joked,

After ten minutes of this transfer, Rojol closed the seal of the container. Then he paused as Mitumba head turned to the door. Under the holo deck the young Romulan could not see the Caitan ears go back as ready for danger.

“Act normal,” he said. They were in their holo costumes. The one thing which was odd. The security might be asking what the hell he was doing with the weird substance in the container.

“Yes. This need to be dispose due to being old as expired....its no good...” he said and held it as like it was nothing. Which was beyond nothing. He had to improvise it. His acting was little convincing making it a better fifty percent to trick them.

Then he gave them a little nervous crooked smile. “And my boss will want me to do this job, because I got another one.. So I need to hurry up!”

Then he had started to move....

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2021, 01:09:45 am »
[Planet side - Compound facility]

After ten minutes of this transfer, Rojol closed the seal of the container. Then he paused as Mitumba head turned to the door. Under the holo deck the young Romulan could not see the Caitan ears go back as ready for danger.

“Act normal,” he said. They were in their holo costumes. The one thing which was odd. The security might be asking what the hell he was doing with the weird substance in the container.

“Yes. This need to be dispose due to being old as expired....its no good...” he said and held it as like it was nothing. Which was beyond nothing. He had to improvise it. His acting was little convincing making it a better fifty percent to trick them.

Then he gave them a little nervous crooked smile. “And my boss will want me to do this job, because I got another one.. So I need to hurry up!”

Then he had started to move....

The pair of guards who had the unenviable task of making sure everyone other than their security colleague had evacuated were surprised to find two junior level technicians moving through the underground corridor carrying an unfamiliar tube.  They shared a look with one another as the taller of the two technicians offered an explanation.  But it was the taller man's nervous smile and obvious desire to avoid them that had the two guards suspicious of something.

"Hold up a moment while we check your credentials.  Show us your ID card." 
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2021, 08:17:49 am »

[Lt. jg. Roberto Padrini - P-161129 - Facility compound]

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell
[P-161129 - Underground compound]

With his attention on Takima, making sure the Romulan flight officer knew how important a task he was being given, Rayek nearly missed Padrini requisitioning a wheelbarrow.  For a long moment, Rayek puzzled why Padrini would need such an item.  It didn't seem like it would have any medical value.. so why?  Then it dawn on him.  His shoulders slumped and he looked to Padrini with a disbelieving look? 

"You're kidding me, right?  You don't seriously expect me to ride in that?" he questioned incredulous.  Rayek's sense of pride, balked at the fact that he could barely stand much less walk such a distance back to the shuttle. 

"I'm feeling a bit better."  he pointed out in hopes that maybe his body was quick to get rid of the toxins that were killing him... but even he knew it was a stretch.  He had to remind himself that all this was so that he could survive and return home to his family. 

"Fine. Tell Mitumba to bring it here."

A short while later, Rayek with quite a bit of help was seated in the center of the wheelbarrow, gripping the sides to steady himself.   He felt, and no doubt looked, ridiculous.  But Padrini was right this would be a faster and easier way to get him to the shuttle where the doctor could then at least have access to medications to slow the spread of the toxin.

"I'm ready whenever you are."

Padrini met Rayek's eyes as he fixated on him with an incredulous look. The Romulan questioned if he was serious and Roberto barely held back to roll his eyes. "I am dead serious", he replied. Rayek half-hearted attempt to convince him that he was feeling better was answered with a tired smile. "Now you're the one who kidding, Commander. You look as pale as a ghost."

When he finally agreed Mitumba was there shortly after to bring the barrow. Padrini reached his hand out to touch Rayek's arm to prompt him to move towards the means of transportation. He watched a little awkwardly as Rayek climbed in and then he grabbed the handles to lift the thing up so the whole weight was on the wheel in the front. He muttered something in Italian to himself before he started to push Rayek.

The first couple of hundred meters were fine but then Rayek started to feel heavier with every new step. By the time they were out of the building Padrini was panting heavily and was not pushing as fast as he had at the beginning. The muttered muffled words became more frequent the farther they got and the longer Roberto had to move the barrow with Rayek in it. His muscles started to tire but they were still quicker that way than without it.

Luckily, they had not met any guards or other personnel - until they reached the gate. Two figures started to hurry towards them from the distance when they saw them. Roberto cursed and dropped the barrow rather abruptly before he tapped his comm badge hidden in his pocket, aiming to contact the ship before as long as the two person's were still out of earshot.

=/\= "Padrini to Amalthea, emergency beam-up directly to sickbay." =/\=
"Shit.." he muttered.

"Director!", one of the men called over them before they had even reached them, concern in his voice as they hurried to join them. "Director Quinley, have you been hurt?"

Captain Tess t'Lhoell
[USS Amalthea - Deck 3 - Bridge]

"Captain, there are two native life signs close to the doctor and Commander tr'Lhoell, they will see the beam-out", the officer at the science station reported.

Tess stilled momentarily. Rayek was hurt? Again?? Why did she let him go an away mission already only after he had been injured so badly?

The rules were clear. They couldn't risk further cultural contamination. Beaming them out right in front of the eyes of the planet's inhabitants was a no-go. There was nothing more Tess wanted to do than ditch that rule. Her fingers flew over the panel at her chair to call up the life sign readings. Rayek's was weak.

"Can we use the transporter?", she asked.

"The radiation readings have subsided, we could give it a try", Engineering reported.

Tess studied the readings and noted that Mitumba and Takima were still inside the building. What had happened?? The words 'Beam them up' was on the tip of her tongue. How much she wished she could say them.

"Lock the transporter on them", Tess said and then swallowed hard as she forced herself to say, "Can we distract them or do something else that will give them the privacy for the beam-up?"
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2021, 06:44:11 pm »
[Planet side]

Takima was aggravated with the fellow asking for there Identification to show who they are. “I am Haldane a technician who is trying to do there job before everyone gets sick!” He said holding the bottle of Anti-matter.

“Step aside. This is dangerous stuff. I am getting hazard pay for this…if you allow me by. Time is short. So step aside,” Rojol ordered. “This is like ground zero poison here.”

Then he muttered under his breath. “If this fool does not move I am going to have a short life with this radena poison.” Not sure what was radena was but it was the first word came to his mind.

“My wife will be sad to find that I got cancer from this and die in a few months. MOVE!” He shouted and held the bottle front of him. “I never going to do a dangerous job again!”

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2021, 04:17:23 am »

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell (aka Director Quinley)

[Lt. jg. Roberto Padrini - P-161129 - Facility compound]

Padrini met Rayek's eyes as he fixated on him with an incredulous look. The Romulan questioned if he was serious and Roberto barely held back to roll his eyes. "I am dead serious", he replied. Rayek half-hearted attempt to convince him that he was feeling better was answered with a tired smile. "Now you're the one who kidding, Commander. You look as pale as a ghost."

When he finally agreed Mitumba was there shortly after to bring the barrow. Padrini reached his hand out to touch Rayek's arm to prompt him to move towards the means of transportation. He watched a little awkwardly as Rayek climbed in and then he grabbed the handles to lift the thing up so the whole weight was on the wheel in the front. He muttered something in Italian to himself before he started to push Rayek.

The first couple of hundred meters were fine but then Rayek started to feel heavier with every new step. By the time they were out of the building Padrini was panting heavily and was not pushing as fast as he had at the beginning. The muttered muffled words became more frequent the farther they got and the longer Roberto had to move the barrow with Rayek in it. His muscles started to tire but they were still quicker that way than without it.

Luckily, they had not met any guards or other personnel - until they reached the gate. Two figures started to hurry towards them from the distance when they saw them. Roberto cursed and dropped the barrow rather abruptly before he tapped his comm badge hidden in his pocket, aiming to contact the ship before as long as the two person's were still out of earshot.

"Shit.." he muttered.

"Director!", one of the men called over them before they had even reached them, concern in his voice as they hurried to join them. "Director Quinley, have you been hurt?"

It said a lot about Rayek's upbringing that despite his obvious ill-health, the Romulan could still gain satisfaction from hearing the strained panting and muttered Italian grumblings from the antagonist doctor.  That Padrini was pushing himself to his limits all in order to help save him, didn't negate the fact that Rayek viewed the man as a rival for Tess' affection. 

At one point, Padrini had slowed so much that Rayek had to bite back the snide comment that came to mind - that perhaps he should get out of the wheelbarrow and help the doctor push it.   But the knowledge that Tess, as his Captain and wife, would not want him aggravating the already strained working relationship between him and Padrini, kept the First Officer silent.

Rayek would have thought Padrini had better sense than to call for a beam up while in eye-sight of the approaching guards, but apparently not.   

"Belay that!" he snapped on the heels of Padrini's call hoping that his voice would also be picked up by the comm badge's microphone. "We have locals approaching."   However, his voice despite the intended emphasis sounded weak and he had his doubts that he'd been heard by the ship.   He waited a moment in dread, fearing that all their hard efforts to avoid breaking Prime Directive was about to be undone by an impatient Padrini.

Seconds ticked past as the guards continued closer, calling out their questions.  And yet, thank the Elements, they remained. 

Rayek tried to weakly wave off the approaching guards, while side-whispering to Padrini  "Warn them off.  Say that you and I have been exposed to highly transferable radiation.  They need to leave immediately."

[Planet side]

Takima was aggravated with the fellow asking for there Identification to show who they are. “I am Haldane a technician who is trying to do there job before everyone gets sick!” He said holding the bottle of Anti-matter.

“Step aside. This is dangerous stuff. I am getting hazard pay for this…if you allow me by. Time is short. So step aside,” Rojol ordered. “This is like ground zero poison here.”

Then he muttered under his breath. “If this fool does not move I am going to have a short life with this radena poison.” Not sure what was radena was but it was the first word came to his mind.

“My wife will be sad to find that I got cancer from this and die in a few months. MOVE!” He shouted and held the bottle front of him. “I never going to do a dangerous job again!”

The guards seemed to hesitate, and then looked at one another as Rojol played out a convincing scene.   But it was his shouted "MOVE!" that did the trick encouraging the two security guards to rapidly clear the path, giving both Takima and Mitumba opportunity to move past.

"Sorry...and good luck! Thank you for your sacrifice!" one of the guards called out after the pair had passed by.

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2021, 11:10:37 am »

It said a lot about Rayek's upbringing that despite his obvious ill-health, the Romulan could still gain satisfaction from hearing the strained panting and muttered Italian grumblings from the antagonist doctor.  That Padrini was pushing himself to his limits all in order to help save him, didn't negate the fact that Rayek viewed the man as a rival for Tess' affection. 

At one point, Padrini had slowed so much that Rayek had to bite back the snide comment that came to mind - that perhaps he should get out of the wheelbarrow and help the doctor push it.   But the knowledge that Tess, as his Captain and wife, would not want him aggravating the already strained working relationship between him and Padrini, kept the First Officer silent.

Rayek would have thought Padrini had better sense than to call for a beam up while in eye-sight of the approaching guards, but apparently not.   

"Belay that!" he snapped on the heels of Padrini's call hoping that his voice would also be picked up by the comm badge's microphone. "We have locals approaching."   However, his voice despite the intended emphasis sounded weak and he had his doubts that he'd been heard by the ship.   He waited a moment in dread, fearing that all their hard efforts to avoid breaking Prime Directive was about to be undone by an impatient Padrini.

Seconds ticked past as the guards continued closer, calling out their questions.  And yet, thank the Elements, they remained. 

Rayek tried to weakly wave off the approaching guards, while side-whispering to Padrini  "Warn them off.  Say that you and I have been exposed to highly transferable radiation.  They need to leave immediately."

Padrini struggled to catch his breath and started to wave his hand in a halting motion before he started to call out to the guards. "The director ... was exposed to the radiation", he panted. "Don't come closer! ... Stay away, or the radiation will ... will kill you too!"

The guards stopped in their tracks but were hesitant to just leave as they were told. "Can we do something to help?", they called.

"Just ... leave here now, I don't want more ... casualties. I will take care of the ... director."

There was another moment of hesitation but finally they started to back off. Padrini watched them, impatiently waiting for them to move out of eyeshot. When they almost were, Padrini picked up the wheelbarrow again and moved Rayek with a strained groan to the cabin at the gate they had met the other guard before, but which was now empty. He just didn't want to be seen.

=/\= "Padrini to ... Amalthea, beam-up directly to sickbay" =/\=, he repeated.  =/\="We are hidden ... behind a cabin this time." =/\=

[Planet side]

The guards seemed to hesitate, and then looked at one another as Rojol played out a convincing scene.   But it was his shouted "MOVE!" that did the trick encouraging the two security guards to rapidly clear the path, giving both Takima and Mitumba opportunity to move past.

"Sorry...and good luck! Thank you for your sacrifice!" one of the guards called out after the pair had passed by.

Mitumba stood and watched frozen into place as the situation began to unfold. He was glad that the Romulan officer was there to handle it because he didn't think he would have been so successful.

Regardless feeling rather tense Mitumba followed Takima out and down the corridor. "That was close", he mumbled to Rojol. "Now we need to go back to the shuttle as quick as possible."

Captain Tess t'Lhoell
[USS Amalthea - Deck 4 - Bridge]

"The native life signs are moving away", the Science officer reported.

Tess was relieved. "Beam them up as soon as we're clear", she said and then got up from the chair. She gave the bridge to one of the junior officers before she rushed to sickbay. When she arrived it was only a few seconds later that both, Rayek and Padrini, materialized in front of her. Good, at least the beaming had worked.

Tess faltered when she saw her husband's disguise. A dozen questions popped up in her mind, some quite amused ones, but they would have to wait. Despite the jokes that the situation might evoke, there had been a reason why this was an emergency.

"Turn off the holo-projectors", Tess ordered a crewman who seemed to be busy laughing into himself. When that was done Tess stepped closer to the biobed Rayek was lying on and gently touched his hand to have a look at him. She had barely seen him in a state like this. Ciccino, she thought.

During that moment the biobed had started to pick up Rayek's biosigns. Tess lifted her head and looked at catastrophic readings. "What happened?", she asked Roberto while she began to examine Rayek's body. She removed the blood-soaked cloth to reveal a relatively small wound. While it looked nasty Tess didn't understand why Rayek was in such a bad state as he was.

"The bullet ...", Padrini panted, still out of breath. "A metal component reacted with ... with the copper in his blood ..."
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2021, 01:28:36 am »

Padrini struggled to catch his breath and started to wave his hand in a halting motion before he started to call out to the guards. "The director ... was exposed to the radiation", he panted. "Don't come closer! ... Stay away, or the radiation will ... will kill you too!"

The guards stopped in their tracks but were hesitant to just leave as they were told. "Can we do something to help?", they called.

"Just ... leave here now, I don't want more ... casualties. I will take care of the ... director."

There was another moment of hesitation but finally they started to back off. Padrini watched them, impatiently waiting for them to move out of eyeshot. When they almost were, Padrini picked up the wheelbarrow again and moved Rayek with a strained groan to the cabin at the gate they had met the other guard before, but which was now empty. He just didn't want to be seen.

=/\= "Padrini to ... Amalthea, beam-up directly to sickbay" =/\=, he repeated.  =/\="We are hidden ... behind a cabin this time." =/\=

Mitumba stood and watched frozen into place as the situation began to unfold. He was glad that the Romulan officer was there to handle it because he didn't think he would have been so successful.

Regardless feeling rather tense Mitumba followed Takima out and down the corridor. "That was close", he mumbled to Rojol. "Now we need to go back to the shuttle as quick as possible."

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Tess was relieved. "Beam them up as soon as we're clear", she said and then got up from the chair. She gave the bridge to one of the junior officers before she rushed to sickbay. When she arrived it was only a few seconds later that both, Rayek and Padrini, materialized in front of her. Good, at least the beaming had worked.

Tess faltered when she saw her husband's disguise. A dozen questions popped up in her mind, some quite amused ones, but they would have to wait. Despite the jokes that the situation might evoke, there had been a reason why this was an emergency.

"Turn off the holo-projectors", Tess ordered a crewman who seemed to be busy laughing into himself. When that was done Tess stepped closer to the biobed Rayek was lying on and gently touched his hand to have a look at him. She had barely seen him in a state like this. Ciccino, she thought.

During that moment the biobed had started to pick up Rayek's biosigns. Tess lifted her head and looked at catastrophic readings. "What happened?", she asked Roberto while she began to examine Rayek's body. She removed the blood-soaked cloth to reveal a relatively small wound. While it looked nasty Tess didn't understand why Rayek was in such a bad state as he was.

"The bullet ...", Padrini panted, still out of breath. "A metal component reacted with ... with the copper in his blood ..."

That actually work Takima had thought as he rushed pasted the Guard. They were not clear yet. “We are not in the clear,” he said as they rushed onward. “Fear is one the best weapons you can toss out.”

“We gotta move and rushing out. We got a good excuse,” he told her.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2021, 01:52:09 am »

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Following his suggestion, Padrini had managed to convince the approaching guards to keep back and even leave the vicinity.  The doctor then moved them out of site this time before calling on Amalthea for a beam out.   Rayek hoped that with Rojol's efforts to transfer the anti-matter fuel that the radiation leak would have diminished enough to make. transport this close to the facility possible. 

If not, then he doubted whether Padrini, and thus himself, would survive the half hour walk back to the shuttle, given how badly the man was huffing and puffing currently.

However, his worries were for naught for not long after Padrini called for beam up the second time, he felt the familiar effect of the transporter beam taking part and then reassembling his body.

[USS Amalthea - Sickbay]

Never had Rayek been so relieved to see sickbay.  From here Padrini could do something to actually help, rather than torture him with unsanitary engineering tools.   But what was best of all, was that the first voice he heard, and the face that he first looked up at was that of his wife!  His one regret was that she and the other medical staff had seen him in his disguise; bad enough the away team.. but now the medical personnel as well.

With the relief of having held on long enough to reach sickbay, Rayek felt himself beginning lose consciousness even as Padrini was answering Tess' question as to what happened.   He was in good hands now with his wife present.  His eyes drifted closed.

The bio bed alarm sounded and Emily Garcia, the nurse who was watching his vitals sudden drop, called out.  "Doctor! He's crashing!  Heart rate of 20.  Blood pressure 60/40 and falling."

And when it rained, it poured - for at that moment Tess received a call from Cadet t'Movel on the Bridge. 

=/\="Captain, the ships assembling on the other side of the temporal anomaly have begun passing through into this time.  The first few ships seem to be on course towards the facility where the Away Team is at."=/\=
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:54:22 am by Rayek tr’Lhoell »

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2021, 05:32:57 am »
Captain Tess t'Lhoell
[USS Amalthea - Deck 8 - Sickbay]

Following his suggestion, Padrini had managed to convince the approaching guards to keep back and even leave the vicinity.  The doctor then moved them out of site this time before calling on Amalthea for a beam out.   Rayek hoped that with Rojol's efforts to transfer the anti-matter fuel that the radiation leak would have diminished enough to make. transport this close to the facility possible. 

If not, then he doubted whether Padrini, and thus himself, would survive the half hour walk back to the shuttle, given how badly the man was huffing and puffing currently.

However, his worries were for naught for not long after Padrini called for beam up the second time, he felt the familiar effect of the transporter beam taking part and then reassembling his body.

[USS Amalthea - Sickbay]

Never had Rayek been so relieved to see sickbay.  From here Padrini could do something to actually help, rather than torture him with unsanitary engineering tools.   But what was best of all, was that the first voice he heard, and the face that he first looked up at was that of his wife!  His one regret was that she and the other medical staff had seen him in his disguise; bad enough the away team.. but now the medical personnel as well.

With the relief of having held on long enough to reach sickbay, Rayek felt himself beginning lose consciousness even as Padrini was answering Tess' question as to what happened.   He was in good hands now with his wife present.  His eyes drifted closed.

The bio bed alarm sounded and Emily Garcia, the nurse who was watching his vitals sudden drop, called out.  "Doctor! He's crashing!  Heart rate of 20.  Blood pressure 60/40 and falling."

And when it rained, it poured - for at that moment Tess received a call from Cadet t'Movel on the Bridge. 

=/\="Captain, the ships assembling on the other side of the temporal anomaly have begun passing through into this time.  The first few ships seem to be on course towards the facility where the Away Team is at."=/\=

Tess was about to ask Padrini what the bullet was all about, but the nurse's exclamation distracted her. All sorts of alarms went off while Tess was shocked to lift her eyes to the monitor to find the information exactly as the nurse had called it out.

In a split second, Tess was in doctor mode. "3cc Cordrazine, quick! I need a blood analysis ASAP, I need to know what kind of toxin we're dealing with here!" To Tess' knowledge, there was no known metal that reacted with Vulcanoid blood.

The nurse administered the stimulant to get Rayek's heart working again, while Tess selected a broad-spectrum antibiotic and told another nurse to get the vial of antiobiotic from the replicator. Meanwhile, the call came from the bridge and Tess could barely hold back the curse that was on the tip of her tongue.

"Contact the away team and tell them to hurry the hell up! Have the transporter room get ready to beam them up if they don't make it back to the shuttle in time! Then we'll have to use the cargo transporter to get the shuttle back!"

=/\= "Away team, this is Cadet t'Movel. The ships of the other side of the anomaly have started to pass through the anomaly. They are armed to the teeth and are heading towards your location. You have approximately 10-15 minutes until they will reach your location." =/\=

That actually work Takima had thought as he rushed pasted the Guard. They were not clear yet. “We are not in the clear,” he said as they rushed onward. “Fear is one the best weapons you can toss out.”

“We gotta move and rushing out. We got a good excuse,” he told her.

Mitumba didn't exactly understand what the Romulan meant with fear being one of the best weapons, but that didn't make a difference for him. They needed to get back to the shuttle quick. That became only more evident when the ship called them and informed them that armed ships from that future time were starting their invasion.

The Caitian started not to freak out. "We need to start running or we won't make it in time!" Mitumba called to Rojol, ready to start sprinting.
Tess' biography

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2021, 12:41:07 am »
Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Tess was about to ask Padrini what the bullet was all about, but the nurse's exclamation distracted her. All sorts of alarms went off while Tess was shocked to lift her eyes to the monitor to find the information exactly as the nurse had called it out.

In a split second, Tess was in doctor mode. "3cc Cordrazine, quick! I need a blood analysis ASAP, I need to know what kind of toxin we're dealing with here!" To Tess' knowledge, there was no known metal that reacted with Vulcanoid blood.

The nurse administered the stimulant to get Rayek's heart working again, while Tess selected a broad-spectrum antibiotic and told another nurse to get the vial of antiobiotic from the replicator. Meanwhile, the call came from the bridge and Tess could barely hold back the curse that was on the tip of her tongue.

"Contact the away team and tell them to hurry the hell up! Have the transporter room get ready to beam them up if they don't make it back to the shuttle in time! Then we'll have to use the cargo transporter to get the shuttle back!"

=/\= "Away team, this is Cadet t'Movel. The ships of the other side of the anomaly have started to pass through the anomaly. They are armed to the teeth and are heading towards your location. You have approximately 10-15 minutes until they will reach your location." =/\=

Mitumba didn't exactly understand what the Romulan meant with fear being one of the best weapons, but that didn't make a difference for him. They needed to get back to the shuttle quick. That became only more evident when the ship called them and informed them that armed ships from that future time were starting their invasion.

The Caitian started not to freak out. "We need to start running or we won't make it in time!" Mitumba called to Rojol, ready to start sprinting.

[Planet site]

Who in their right mind think Rojol was going to walk back and not run. Digging his heels in the ground he ran fast as he can. With the antimatter in his hands he was holding close to his chest. Which made running harder for the Romulan. He was unable to swing his arms to pump himself to go.

As he was running with his running partner some root of a tree was up high enough to trip Rojol down to the ground. He pulled his legs up close to his chest as he was falling. With dexterity of being a Romulan he was able to hold the canister from hitting the ground. A twig with a sharp end had scratched his cheek and near his his left eye. It was close enough to take his eye out.

Cursing in Romulan he fought himself back to his feet. Then he cringed in pain as he felt his toes declared they don’t want to move. He had gritted his teeth and forced himself to run fast as possible.

The shuttle was in site. It felt for ever for Rojol. Sweat was pouring down his face as he was in much pain. Of course Mitumba had beat himself to the shuttle. The Caitain had the door open for Rojol to get in. Just as he got in he swore more a few more Romulan words. He handed the antimatter to Mitumba so they can place it down safely as he stumbled to the helm.

The Romulan’s finger was racing on the holo image of flight. He threw the power up fast and forced the shuttle to take off fast. It was not the greatest tactic, but he could see on the sensors their friends are coming down at that them. He bit his lower lip as he was trying to pull a high pull and feeling his ear changing from the take off. It was sharp because he was trying avoid the locals on the planet to see the shuttle and take their visitors friends up too. He had figured they will follow in his pursuit.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2021, 01:42:46 am »
NPC Ensign Emily Garcia

Captain Tess t'Lhoell

Ensign Garcia administered the ordered dosage per the Captain's orders.  Garcia had transferred over from Katra along with Tess, Rayek and Padrini, so reacting to the former Medical Chief was like second nature to her. 

The injection of cordrazine, a chemical stimulant using often in exactly these types of cardiac arrest situations, worked its way to Rayek's faltering heart and gave it the boost it needed to keep functioning...for the moment.  The question on Ensign Garcia's mind was - for how long? The stimulant currently counteracted the immediate effects of the cardiac impairment caused by the poisoning.   However, without a way to remove the remaining toxin, it was difficult to say which would endure longer - the stimulant or the toxin.

While the Captain dealt with answering a call from the Bridge, Garcia, drew a blood sample from the prone Commander and hurried it into the hemoanalysis unit.  It was a hematology analyzer, used to count the number of different types of blood cells, blood platelets, haemoglobin, and haematocrit levels in a blood sample.  Garcia quickly set the unit's parameters for Vulcanoid norms which were copper based rather than human norms which were iron based. 

It took less than a minute for the analyzer to read the blood sample provided.  Garcia took one look at the readout before transferring the results to display screen at the head of Command Rayek's bed and then called out to the two doctors working to save the Romulan's life. 

"Doctors, the results from the blood work are up on the biobed screen"

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2021, 03:02:56 pm »
Mitumba
[P-161129 - Shuttle]

After the Amalthea's call there had been only one thought in the Caitian's mind: run! When Rojol stumbled and fell Mitumba stopped to help him up but he was quicker without it and then they continued to run. The Romulan seemed to have hurt his foot, Mitumba saw that as he reached the shuttle and opened the door and then turned around to see where Rojol was. But shortly after, both of them were inside the shuttle.

He took the anti-matter container from him and placed it in a holder so it would sit there safely and not fall. He then turned the holo-projectors off and took a seat next to Rojol, checking the readings. He too saw the ships on the sensors while Rojol started the shuttle moved them in a sharp angle up into the air. "They're really close now", Mitumba said to Rojol with concern.

When the futuristic ships closed in on their location, there was suddenly an energy burst on the sensor readings. Mitumba faltered and checked the screen repeatedly. "Sir, I think the ships have just been destroyed! A counterstrike from the planet's surface!" Which was good, maybe that was enough of a commotion and they could escape unseen and what was even more important, they wouldn't have to worry about those ships targeting them - for now.

Tess t'Lhoell

Tess looked up when Ensign Garcia turned their attention to the blood analysis. "Roberto, you have a look at that."

"Doctor, his heart goes into arrest again! Do you want me to give him another cordrazine shot?"

"Yes, another 3 cc's!" She turned away briefly and fetched the portable cardiostimulator, just in case. Cordrazine needed to be dosaged carefully since an overdosis could have severe side effects, but that was for humans. Vulcanoids tended to be more resilient and less sensitive to the potency of medication. So Tess didn't worry about that too much.

Tess watched as Emily gave Rayek another injection, her eyes fixated on the biobed readings. Subconsciously, she reached for Rayek's hand to squeeze and hold it. His heartbeat was stabilizing for the moment again and Tess turned her head to look at Roberto. "Do you have something?"

"Yes, I think I got it", he nodded at her. "The metal component that caused the poisoning is unknown to us, but is very similiar to lead."

"Prepare a chelation therapy. Domercepral. We need to get this out of his blood as quick as possible."

Roberto nodded and started to work on that. Tess didn't leave Rayek's side but kept an eye on the readings.
 =/\= "t'Lhoell to Lt. Takima. What is your status?" =/\=
Tess' biography

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2021, 02:48:13 am »

NPC Cadel t'Movel

Mitumba
[P-161129 - Shuttle]

After the Amalthea's call there had been only one thought in the Caitian's mind: run! When Rojol stumbled and fell Mitumba stopped to help him up but he was quicker without it and then they continued to run. The Romulan seemed to have hurt his foot, Mitumba saw that as he reached the shuttle and opened the door and then turned around to see where Rojol was. But shortly after, both of them were inside the shuttle.

He took the anti-matter container from him and placed it in a holder so it would sit there safely and not fall. He then turned the holo-projectors off and took a seat next to Rojol, checking the readings. He too saw the ships on the sensors while Rojol started the shuttle moved them in a sharp angle up into the air. "They're really close now", Mitumba said to Rojol with concern.

When the futuristic ships closed in on their location, there was suddenly an energy burst on the sensor readings. Mitumba faltered and checked the screen repeatedly. "Sir, I think the ships have just been destroyed! A counterstrike from the planet's surface!" Which was good, maybe that was enough of a commotion and they could escape unseen and what was even more important, they wouldn't have to worry about those ships targeting them - for now.

From the Ops console, Tordel had watched in growing concern as more and more ships from the future crossed the temporal anomaly.  Thankfully, for the moment, they appeared to be amassing near the anomaly; while a smaller number of ships headed directly towards the remote facility where Mitumba and Takima's commbadges and lifesigns placed them.  After forewarning the two officers on the ground per the Captain's orders, Tordel felt the need to keep watch over them.

Meanwhile, the leading ship had been broadcasting non-stop since it's arrival, what appeared to be a justification of it's intent.  It's message, spoken with a raspy voice, was ominous as Tordel played it over the Bridge speakers for the officer at conn, and even piped it down through to the Captain in Sickbay,  who was checked in on her injured husband.

"To my ancestors, who through terrible innovation and technology have brought destruction to their future generations, we, your children's children's children - the last of our dying people, strike back at those who first conjured this foul-blight into our world,  and reclaim what should have been our birthright. A world of peace not war, a land free poisoning radiation and lingering sickness, and the ability to have children of our own."

"Surrender all documents and research regarding what is known as the 'Friendship Project'.  Sacrifice all those who have worked on the project so that no knowledge of it can be carried forward.  Agree to do this and we will spare your cities.  Defy us and we will raze this planet to ensure a better tomorrow."

It was at this point that the message looped back to the beginning and started again.. "To my ancestors..."

For the first several minutes, as the future ships approached the facility there seemed to be no response from the local population.  Did they even have the means of receiving such a message, given then level of their technology?  It was question raised by the conn officer.

A check of the Amalthea's sensors showed the answer clearly.   "Yes, radio waves are present but not in any great numbers.  It seemed that is another rather recent innovation.  Tordel responded in reply to the duty officers question.

Returning her attention back to the progress of the Amalthea officers, Tordel was happy to see that Takima and Mitumba's bio-signs were now at the landing site.  "Takima and Mitumba have made it to the shuttle!" she announced happily.   

They arrived with not much time to spare she realized as the aerial ships from the future were getting into visual range.  So concerned was she that Tordel didn't even notice that she'd begun to hold her breath in nervous wait.

The shuttle lifted and to her dismay the future ship seemed to immediately alter course towards them.  "I think they've been spotted, sir." Tordel informed the officer at the conn.  This was bad news for the Away Team.  Because despite the aerial ships being from the future they were still pre-warp and therefore fell under the rules of the Prime Directive.

Then suddenly cannon fire erupted, from what appeared to be a previously unseen ground defense installation.  The planes had no chance of surviving the attack.  The looping message cut of mid-sentence.   Tordel was torn between stunned shock at the unexpected destruction of the small attacking force, and relief that those ships would not be reporting what they saw to others.   From the angle of the shuttles lift off, it didn't appear that the ground installation could see what the ships had turned towards.   Or so the Cadet hoped.

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2021, 09:26:29 am »
Tess t'Lhoell

While Roberto worked on synthesizing the required medication for Rayek, Tess stared at the bio bed monitor. The second cordrazine shot had helped for the moment again, but Tess doubted a third one would help if it was necessary. While she observed Rayek's vital signs, she heard conversation spoken on the bridge since Cadet t'Movel had left the channel open.

She was relieved to hear that Mitumba and Takima had made it to the shuttle. She hoped that meant that the mission was soon completed. Just in time, as she was hearing that more ships passed throught the anomaly now. Roberto stepped up to the bed and injected Domercepral, an agent that would neutralize the toxin, hopefully. Hopefully, because they had not dealt with that specific toxin before.

=/\= "Transporter Room, prepare to beam up the probe." =/\=

Through the comm channel Tess heard Tordel report that the shuttle had been spotted.  =/\= "Bridge, please confirm. The shuttle has been spotted? By how many?" =/\=

=/\= "Two of the ships that had passed through the anomaly, Sir. But the past population has destroyed them with cannon balls!" =/\=

=/\= "Is the shuttle safe?" =/\=

=/\= "Yes, they're heading towards us." =/\=

Tess then turned to check on Rayek. There were only slight changes in the readings but they were for the better.
Tess' biography