Author Topic: The Wretched Masses - Season 1, Episode 3  (Read 17894 times)

Amarande Xiiv

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: The Wretched Masses - Season 1, Episode 3
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2021, 11:29:42 am »

NPC Ensign Javed Kumar (Medical)
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Sickbay]

Kumar had continued his work in the lab where he originally had been heading to. When he stepped out and walked the rounded corridors of the sickbay complex, he noticed two Xhelosians having a heated discussion. When he stopped and looked into one of the treatment rooms he saw Xiiv and Xholani to whom the pair - the caretakers no doubt - were gesturing.

"Is there a problem?", he asked, looking from the Xhelosian pair, to Xholani and then to Xiiv. He hoped the girl wasn't in trouble for having got lost on the station.

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Medbay][/b]

"Xholani wishes to aid the healers," Xiiv murmured to Kumar, "I think they're debating on whether or not to allow her to continue to assist me and the Xhelosian healers. That would be cause for some concern but it also might keep her out of trouble."

"It is as you say," Joolax said in a soft voice. "Xholani wishes to help and while it would be wonderful these ones debate its necessity and practicality. Would a young one such as she not get in the way?"

"She hasn't so far," Dr Xiiv responded quietly. "And she seems to bring comfort where she goes. I see no reason to limit her contact with others of your species when she's been doing such a kindness for them."

"Xholani enjoys this, then?" Khemera asked, tilting her head slightly as the girl took her caretaker's hand. "Truly?"

"This one does, very much!" Xholani said fervently. "This one would make no trouble and do whatever Healer Xiiv asks, this one promises. It will bring comfort to those who may not like to be treated by a non-Xhelosian. This one will make it better and they will see the Others as helpers and healers. This one will make sure of that. Even though this one is young, this one would like to help the best she can."

"This one sees no reason to doubt the honesty of Xholani's words," Joolax said, humming a little as he thought. He looked at Khemera for a moment and then nodded. "The girl may help but only for a few cycles at a time. Too much will wear her out and she has education to pursue."

Xiiv smiled as Xholani took her hand and squeezed it in excitement.

"Xholani thanks her caretakers for helping her to bring peace to others in their time of need," the girl said gravely but there was a spark of excitement and wonder in her voice as well. Xiiv recognised it as the passion she had felt at a young age for medicine and healing. "This one will go with the caretakers to finish education and rest. But this one will be back soon to help! Thank you Healer Xiiv! Engisn Kumar, thank you for finding my caretakers!"

With waving, graceful gestures the caretakers took the girl back into their hands with, Xiiv noted, great love and affection. She'd be fine.

"You're welcome, Xholani," Xiiv said, still smiling. "We'll meet again soon." She turned to Ensign Kumar, humour lighting her eyes. "That went better than I thought it was going to go. I think she'll be just fine and we have a Xhelosian to help us with patients. It'll be a learning experience for all of us."
What we do echoes into eternity - Marcus Aurelius
Dr Amarande Xiiv's Profile

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2021, 07:21:40 am »

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Medbay][/b]

"Xholani wishes to aid the healers," Xiiv murmured to Kumar, "I think they're debating on whether or not to allow her to continue to assist me and the Xhelosian healers. That would be cause for some concern but it also might keep her out of trouble."

"It is as you say," Joolax said in a soft voice. "Xholani wishes to help and while it would be wonderful these ones debate its necessity and practicality. Would a young one such as she not get in the way?"

"She hasn't so far," Dr Xiiv responded quietly. "And she seems to bring comfort where she goes. I see no reason to limit her contact with others of your species when she's been doing such a kindness for them."

"Xholani enjoys this, then?" Khemera asked, tilting her head slightly as the girl took her caretaker's hand. "Truly?"

"This one does, very much!" Xholani said fervently. "This one would make no trouble and do whatever Healer Xiiv asks, this one promises. It will bring comfort to those who may not like to be treated by a non-Xhelosian. This one will make it better and they will see the Others as helpers and healers. This one will make sure of that. Even though this one is young, this one would like to help the best she can."

"This one sees no reason to doubt the honesty of Xholani's words," Joolax said, humming a little as he thought. He looked at Khemera for a moment and then nodded. "The girl may help but only for a few cycles at a time. Too much will wear her out and she has education to pursue."

Xiiv smiled as Xholani took her hand and squeezed it in excitement.

"Xholani thanks her caretakers for helping her to bring peace to others in their time of need," the girl said gravely but there was a spark of excitement and wonder in her voice as well. Xiiv recognised it as the passion she had felt at a young age for medicine and healing. "This one will go with the caretakers to finish education and rest. But this one will be back soon to help! Thank you Healer Xiiv! Engisn Kumar, thank you for finding my caretakers!"

With waving, graceful gestures the caretakers took the girl back into their hands with, Xiiv noted, great love and affection. She'd be fine.

"You're welcome, Xholani," Xiiv said, still smiling. "We'll meet again soon." She turned to Ensign Kumar, humour lighting her eyes. "That went better than I thought it was going to go. I think she'll be just fine and we have a Xhelosian to help us with patients. It'll be a learning experience for all of us."

Javed listened with relief as the caretakers finally agreed for Xholani to help now and then after they made sure it wouldn't be too difficult or exhausting for the child. He smiled with the kid as she expressed her excitement about it. "I'm sure you'll be of great help!", he encouraged her and looked after her as Xholani left with her caretakers. "See you soon!"

Javed turned his head to look at Xiiv with a smile. "I agree", he said. "The Xhelosians seem a little apprehensive towards foreign doctors, she might be able to help build the bridge there a bit better."

[A few hours later]

Adryel of Etros

The Etrosian man entered the reception area, cradling his arm and carefully holding it in front of his stomach. It was the first time he actually was here ever since he initially arrived on Katra after he had been trapped inside the Oorooyan for far too long. While he spent most of the time down on Meridian where his people were living as refugees, now and then - but still more often than the average Etrosian - he visited Katra. The tensions that their presence on Meridian caused with the Meridian people concerned him. Rumors spread quickly and he had heard that another people was seeking refuge now, too. Adryel was concerned what that might mean for all of them.
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Miranda

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • Learning is the best part of life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2021, 07:41:06 pm »
Smith was back on duty in the astrometrics lab, taking the usual scans around the station.  Keeping an eye on multiple things at once, some she was supposed too others not so much.

Amarande Xiiv

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2021, 12:27:47 pm »

Javed listened with relief as the caretakers finally agreed for Xholani to help now and then after they made sure it wouldn't be too difficult or exhausting for the child. He smiled with the kid as she expressed her excitement about it. "I'm sure you'll be of great help!", he encouraged her and looked after her as Xholani left with her caretakers. "See you soon!"

Javed turned his head to look at Xiiv with a smile. "I agree", he said. "The Xhelosians seem a little apprehensive towards foreign doctors, she might be able to help build the bridge there a bit better."

[A few hours later]

Adryel of Etros

The Etrosian man entered the reception area, cradling his arm and carefully holding it in front of his stomach. It was the first time he actually was here ever since he initially arrived on Katra after he had been trapped inside the Oorooyan for far too long. While he spent most of the time down on Meridian where his people were living as refugees, now and then - but still more often than the average Etrosian - he visited Katra. The tensions that their presence on Meridian caused with the Meridian people concerned him. Rumors spread quickly and he had heard that another people was seeking refuge now, too. Adryel was concerned what that might mean for all of them.
[Katra Station - Medbay - Deck 22]

A nurse took Adryel in and ran a few tests before Amarande walked in and was updated on the case, her hazel eyes bright as they flicked over to the man. He'd definitely done something to that arm of his. She moved over, flicking through his tests, a soft smile just breaking as she looked to him.

"It looks like you're having quite a day," she said. "I take it the arm is what brought you to us? I think we can have that fixed up with a few treatments."
What we do echoes into eternity - Marcus Aurelius
Dr Amarande Xiiv's Profile