Author Topic: Katra Station - January 2019 - Recognition Awards (1Jan2019)  (Read 416 times)

Archivist Four

Katra Station - January 2019 - Recognition Awards (1Jan2019)
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:16:10 pm »
Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on January 01, 2019, 11:01:16 AM

Hello crew of Katra Station! Welcome to the first of our twice annually Recognition and Awards Ceremony.  Our simm is new, barely 3 months old with only 2 missions under our belt but that doesn't lessen our accomplishments during that time any.  I am so fortunate to have been asked to assist with this simm.  The enthusiasm and story writing of this group has been outstanding.  I look forward to another 6 months with you all. 

SERVICE AWARDS

The following members are receiving their Five Year Service Award:
Eli Ferris

The following members are receiving their Two Year Service Award:
Hrafn Falleg
Kyan MacKenzie

The following members are receiving their One Year Service Award:
Bonnie Moors
Rayek tr'Lhoell

The following members are receiving their Six Month Service Award:
Mondo'li Nari
Jortaal, Son of Doss
Jebediah Schrock
Tess Moreno
Cartis

The following members are receiving their Meritorious Service Ribbon for having been promoted to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer:
Rayek tr'Lhoell

The following members are receiving their EPC/OTC Award for having successfully completed the EPC or OTC course:
Tess Moreno

The following members are receiving their COTC Badge, which is awarded to players for having successfully completed the Command Officer Training Course:
Rayek tr'Lhoell

OTHER AWARDS
I have the honor of presenting some of these awards.  Others will come later, so stay tuned!

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award
Every six months I have the honor of recognizing one player I feel has gone above and beyond.  He was with us for only one mission but during that time he helped build what I expect to be a flourishing part of Katra's character. 

I'm pleased to award my Personal Merit award to Jeric th'Zan 
You're presence is missed on the station.

Crew Choice
Each award season we ask the crew to vote for someone who was just a fantastic character. This time around, the Crew chose Mondo'li Nari . Congrats, Mondo!

I'll post more in the next day or so please.  Also for posterity, I'll be copying this over to the WAR board and you can post your Congrats on that thread.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 05:00:57 pm by Archivist Four »

Archivist Four

Re: Katra Station - January 2019 - Recognition Awards (1Jan2019)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:20:30 pm »
Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on January 02, 2019, 11:24:40 PM

Katra January 2019 Recognition and Awards - continued

We continue our awards ceremony by recognizing outstanding POSTING ABILITY.

BEST NEWCOMER AWARD  -     
This award is goes to a new player that has truly shone this past mission.  She was a little uncertain about posting the first mission but has definitely come into her own in Mission 2.   This award goes to Ensign Tess Moreno

POSTING EXCELLENCE AWARD - 
This award goes to a player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills.  For Katra's crew that player is one who had given us a plethora of NPC's with with amazing backgrounds.  This award goes to Lt Hrafn Falleg

DESCRIPTIVE COMBAT AWARD -   
This award goes to a player who has demonstrated an ability to convey the action of combat in their posts.  While we just came out of an amazing battle scene.  I want to acknowledge a combat scene I will not soon forget Jortaal vs the Cardassian voles.   This award goes to Ensign Jortaal

TECHNICAL PRECISION AWARD -
Awarded to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.  Our new flight officer showed his technical aptitude this month with some nicely written technical posts.  This award goes to Lt. Eli Ferris

MOST ENGAGING MEMBER AWARD - 
This is awarded to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.  For Katra, from the very beginning that is without a doubt our very own Mondo'li Nari

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD -
Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.  This player was very hesitant and uncertain when they first began posting with us in October.  I believe they barely posted once a week in that first mission. Since then they have grown in strides and have become a critical member of the team moving plots forward and engaging others in the story.   This award goes to Ensign Tess Moreno

RIB TICKLER AWARD -
This is awarded to the player with the most humorous posts.  From spilling coffee, to headbutting pirates this player has warmed our hearts with his humor.  This award goes to Ensign Jebediah Schrock

BEST DUO AWARD -
Awarded to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.  This was demonstrated in spades during the first mission where Hrafn Falleg NPC'd her children with Mondi'li Nari.  The scene gave us an in-depth insight into Hupyrian culture and the personalities of our CSO's adorable children. 

EXTRA CONTRIBUTION AWARDS
The following extra contribution awards are awarded by the commanding officer of a SIMM to those he or she feels have gone above and beyond what is required of them. They are not earned automatically.  These are the Contribution Awards, Alt Awards, Fleet Awards and Outstanding Commitment Awards.  So with no further ado....

CONTRIBUTION AWARD -
The contribution award is one for players who give their all to the site consistently, in mission and out. The award also is for those who push others to do better and are up for whatever is swung their way.

Since day one of being assigned to Katra these two players have been an active in posting regularly.  One has reviewed the station schematics as much if not more than the Command Staff, while the other has offered mission suggestions that I hope we are going to have plenty of opportunity to play out.  Both have developed  amazing NPC's with engaging backstories that are so easy to get engrossed in. 

Contribution Awards go out to:  Mondo'li Nari and  Hrafn Falleg

ALT AWARD
This is awarded to those players who have more than one character played on the site. The Main character is awarded this when playing a 1st Alt.  The 1st Alt is awarded this when a 2nd Alt is created and played.
This is awarded to Mondo'li Nari and Rayek

FLEET SERVICE AWARD - 
This mission we were fortunate to have with us one of Kirok's alts that he moves about the Fleet to those simms who are in need of additional player.  We thank you for your being with us, both in our first mission as EQ, but especially for your posts this past mission as Cartis.   He has certainly earned this award!

OUTSTANDTING COMMITMENT AWARD  -
Awarded to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.
This award could so easily go to so many of our members.  But for this first round of awards I would like to recognize Ensign Jebediah Schrock and Lt Hrafn Falleg
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 05:04:27 pm by Archivist Four »