Author Topic: Chocolate?  (Read 682 times)

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Chocolate?
« on: May 18, 2021, 11:07:15 am »
A box of chocolates or better a bottle of wine? Fonn had no idea what was more appropriate but Finn wanted to say thank you to the woman who had pieced him back together after their rescue.
Maybe he was being foolish but what did he care?
With the help of his cousin he found out where she worked and paid her a visit.
Hi. I don't know if you remember me. We met when you rescued us after we crashed.
Of course she'd remember him, right?

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: Chocolate?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 12:54:54 am »
Katra Station - Counseling Office

Beja sat behind the receptionist desk in the counseling office. It was the receptionist's lunch time, and even though there were no appointments during that time, Beja still liked to sit in the welcome area just in case someone came in needing help. When the computer announced a visitor to the counseling area, Beja glanced up and smiled at the guest.

She placed her knitting down on the desk and stood to greet the newcomer. Cat had been attempting to teach Beja how to knit. The Klingon hadn’t mastered it yet, the needles felt so foreign in her hands. And there was the counting to keep track of, the over and under, the different stitches, the different size needles even, was a lot to keep straight. She had read a few instructional books and made a lot of notes from them. She was determined to make her friend proud.

Beja smiled over at Finn, “Of course Captain Moreno. Please come in, I hope you and your crew are doing well. How is the arm doing? I hear you ended up with a new ship. I’m sorry about the loss of your previous one.”

Oh, I’m sorry, where are my manners, would you like something to drink? We have a replicator here, that can make a pretty good prune juice.”

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 01:29:11 am »
Whatever she was holding in her hands was strange to him. It looked like some sort of traditional thing.

Finn stepped up closer with a friendly smile.
Yeah, the arm is almost as good as new. Quite amazing what you could do after it's been smashed to pieces.
Maybe that was a bit graphic but she surely had heard and seen worse.
Finn was a little dissapointed that it wasn't 100% like it used to be but he was sure that if it wasn't for Starfleet tech he'd not be able to use it at all.

I brought you something to say thank you for what you've done for me.
With slightly rosy cheeks he handed her the box of fine chocolates.
That's a Swiss recipe from earth.

Then he looked up at her.
Would you have a coffee with me?

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 12:08:38 am »
Katra Station -  Counseling Office

It is amazing how far modern technology has helped in the field of medicine. We can do so much now, that in the past would have been a loss of limb, or worse. Just think how much more it will be in the future,” Beja was glad to hear that his arm was mended. It always amazed her how medicine helped to stop tragedies before they took hold of a person’s body. Though they were not to the point of immortality, it would just be a matter of time before medicine could really conquer all.

Beja smiled brightly and took the offered box of chocolates, “Thank you, that’s so very kind of you. I have never had chocolates before. In the academy I had a drink of hot chocolate, my human classmates enjoyed it. But I’ve never had an actual chocolate candy before.”

I’d love to get coffee with you, do you want to have some here, or we could always go to the promenade?”

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 04:45:46 am »
It was strange to hear that she had never had chocolate, let alone from Earth. Maybe she couldn't digest it? But she didn't say anything about that, so he assumed she'd be okay.

You definetly have to give it a try. It's delicious.

When she offered to have coffee on the promenade that sounded much nicer than at her work place, so Finn nodded. He almost got a little giddy because he hadn't had coffee with anyone who wasn't his crew in weeks, if not months.
That sounds like a great idea. Can you get away from here for a bit?

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 09:40:52 pm »
Katra Station - Promenade

My afternoon is free of any appointments today, so it looks like you have good timing. I was just sitting out here in case anyone came in that needed any help or support,” Beja answered. It happened ever so often that there was not anyone to see in an afternoon. Not often but it did take place.

Though things had gotten slightly busier with the closing of the wormhole, people’s anxiety had been heightened. The unknown had brought a bit of tension to the crew and civilians on the station. Beja had even established a couple of group therapy sessions so that people could share and open up to each other, to connect with others on the station helped to make people feel less alone and anxious.

“I am not sure what place has the best coffee on the promenade but I’m sure we will be able to find something,” Beja smiled over to Finn as they made their way out of the counseling offices to the promenade of the station.

How is the new ship?”

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 03:40:46 pm by Beja »

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 03:51:36 pm »
"Well great cause I need help drinking some coffee." He joked and waited for her to exit and lead the way to the promenade.
"The new ship is awesome. Much more powerful better technology and even weapons. We can transport passengers now as well."
He fell in step with her.
"And you? What do you do right now?"
Maybe she had told him but everything from the day of his rescue was a blurr....too much pain, anxiety and adrenaline involved.

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 04:13:21 pm »
Katra Station - Promenade

Well as the counselor here on Katra, and the Diplomatic Officer, I’ve been kept quite busy. With all the concerns with the wormhole being closed, it has been making people quite uneasy. I’ve been doing several group sessions, and that seems to be going well,” Beja smiled over at  Finn as they made their way to the promenade.

It is actually a rare occasion for me to have a bit of free time, and an afternoon open like today,” Beja paused for a moment, “How are you and your crew doing? I know that was quite the harrowing experience for you all to go through.”

I was curious, and I hope you don’t mind me asking, but will the Pakleds be joining and working with your crew? With their ship being destroyed, I was hoping that you all would end up together.”

Beja stopped in front of The Coffee Cafe, “Have you been here before? They make a pretty good raktajino here.”

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 08:44:33 am »
Finn was glad that she didn't ask about his crews mental well being after the experience on the god foresaken electric nightmare planet. None of them liked to talk about it. As much as they probably should. But, except for Cathy, they were a bunch of stubborn mules.
I've actually got a nice new ship now and the Paklets came on as additional crew. They are simple but they know their stuff. Also flying people now, not just goods.

He looked around at the guests in the cafe and the cool design. Much nicer than on lots of the planets he'd seen.
I haven't. But Federation cafes are always nice. Not as run down and dingy as some of the non Federation places I've been to.

He walked to a table and sat down opposite of Beja.
So you enjoy being a counselor? Is it rewarding?