Author Topic: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2  (Read 18980 times)

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 04:38:11 am »
[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Bridge - On approach to the Trialus System]
Juraan knew just as much as Finn did that the reporters were right. But Finn didn't feel like biting the hand that fed them and was still a much better business partner than a lot of previous ones.
Working for Starfleet is not unsafe. No less than working for some intergalactic scum. He chuckled a little at the thought when suddenly Cathy stood up and gave him a piece of her mind.

Aastonished he looked up at the girl wondering where this outbreak might have come from. He just raised his brows at her but did not comment. He didn't want to scold her but he surely had a few words on the tip of his tongue.

Once Cathy was gone he sat down to take over control of the ship which was still fairly new to him.
I guess she really has the hots for one of those reporters back there. Maybe you're judgement who's cute and who isn't didn't cut it for her.

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2021, 05:09:28 am »
[SS Wonderland II - Bridge]

NPC Cathy Daniels
[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Bridge - On approach to the Trialus System]

Cathy grinned when the Finn and Juraan both returned - Finn with a drink for her - but her grin faded as she glanced past them when no following reporter was forthcoming.   She was about to ask what happened to her request, when Finn issued his 'no flirting order'.  Oh?

"Make them look bad how?  And why do we care what reporters say about Starfleet and Katra?  We aren't affiliated with them are we?" she asked then took a swallow of her drink that Finn had brought her. 

Only after she finished off her drink did she turn her gaze to Finn and fix him with a bit of a glare.  "For the record, you have no say over who I flirt with.  You aren't my Dad, your not my brother and you certainly aren't my boyfriend.. so stow the idea that you might have any say in the matter."

She then passed control over to Finn.  "I'm taking a break.  I'll be back - maybe with a guest.  So try to be on your best behavior."

Juraan knew just as much as Finn did that the reporters were right. But Finn didn't feel like biting the hand that fed them and was still a much better business partner than a lot of previous ones.
Working for Starfleet is not unsafe. No less than working for some intergalactic scum. He chuckled a little at the thought when suddenly Cathy stood up and gave him a piece of her mind.

Aastonished he looked up at the girl wondering where this outbreak might have come from. He just raised his brows at her but did not comment. He didn't want to scold her but he surely had a few words on the tip of his tongue.

Once Cathy was gone he sat down to take over control of the ship which was still fairly new to him.
I guess she really has the hots for one of those reporters back there. Maybe you're judgement who's cute and who isn't didn't cut it for her.

Juraan raised his eyebrows at Cathy's extreme reaction. Apparently she had taken Finn's remark literally. Though it was ridiculous to think he would actually try to order her not to flirt with a guy. He watched as Cathy left, announcing defiantly that she might be back with a guest. "Maybe it's the time of the month again ...", he mumbled, looking back at Finn as he took a long slow sip of his jin'sarra. He knew some women tended to be easily irritated by the smallest things during that time.

At Finn's comment regarding Cathy's view on his judgement of the looks of other guys, Juraan snorted a little laugh. "Yeah, it would seem so." Putting his beverage aside he tapped on the console to check sensor readings. Everything was quiet. "So, I guess we better prepare ourselves for more questions if she brings the Bajoran reporter here."
Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Catherine Goodspeed

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • Cat Goodspeed's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2021, 12:40:29 pm »
Katra Station -  Receptionist Area of the Counseling Office

Dali smiled over at Lieutenant Goodspeed and greeted the older human female warmly, “Hello Lieutenant! I hope your day is going well. Beja is meeting with Commander Saxon right now. I’m sure she will be happy to see you after.

Oh Mon will surely enjoy that. I’ve never seen him say no to a treat yet! Is there something I can get you while you wait? Tea, coffee, the counselor likes prune juice, though I don’t really care for it myself,” Dali scrunched up her nose at the thought of drinking such an awful tasting beverage.

Dali pantomimed looking around, and loudly whispered to Lt. Goodspeed, “Now, just between us girls of course, but I have always enjoyed the Ferengi Millipede juice, obviously without the shells.”

The mention of Commander Saxons name made Cats ears perk up like a meerkat peeking out of it's burrow.

She dramatically turned in the chair to face Dali "The Commander?  Saxon? Seeking Counsel?  Are we talking about the same man?  Tall, slim, very very old?  Face that looks like smiling could cause him an internal injury??

Cat smiled which broke into a broad grin "Well now.  THAT'S a meeting I'd like to be a fly on the wall for.. Oh I wonder if Beja made him attend!"

The visual image of Saxon being made to lie on a couch and bare his soul to another living breathing creature almost made Cat laugh out loud. Saxon stiff as an old weathered wooden board; perhaps giving short sharp one word answers as Lt Commander Beja tried to wheedle her way into his psyche like a burrowing woodworm.

The Counsellor would have more luck getting a Vorta to admit the Founders had made an error one time. 

Cat winked at the Orion "Its a good thing I'm off duty then, I have time to wait around to see what happens afterwards... Oh and I'd LOVE a hot Millipede juice please my dear, could I have a couple of bowls of shells as well if you don't mind?  One for me and one for this scamp here"  Cat scratched nibblers head.   "prune juice..." Cat pulled a face. "Only time someone should be made to drink prune juice is if their plumbing system needs a good clean out. No one should drink that stuff for fun!"

Cat picked up the bag she had been carrying and pulled out a smaller bag held within which contained a knitting project of a coat for one of her voles and settled herself in for the wait.

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2021, 10:02:46 pm »
Katra Station - Counseling Office

Beja smiled as Mon and the Commander played together, though she wasn’t quite sure if the Commander realized that he was doing so. Interesting. The more Beja thought about it, the more it made sense. The Commander did not appear to have any real friends on Katra. The Captain and the Commander had to be friends on some level, but did they do things that friends do? Did they hang out in the holodeck? Did they have a few ales at Brauhaus Gamma? Did either of them have true friends that they could confide their hopes, fears, dreams, joys, rage, sadness? She had once encouraged Commander Rayek to try and make a friend to help with his pressures and stress, maybe Commander Saxon and even the Captain could use that same prescription.

Though if Beja did such a thing, it would have to be without either realizing it. The Commander himself had made it quite clear what he had thought of counseling, and how it should not be used in the same sentence as his name. Sometimes people just needed the right kind of encouragement……

Beja nodded over to Saxon, “Well I’m afraid that my science knowledge has more to do with the body and mind, than circuits and  things. I know that we have some of the best minds in Science here at Katra, so if anyone can retrieve any information from the datacrystal I know it is our crew.”

When Saxon informed her of the visit from the Oversight team, Beja smiled brightly over at Saxon, “Oh that sounds like fun, to have people see how things actually work and shadow us. Just think of how having an objective, third party critique can help us improve our efficiency and work routine!” Her smile slowly faded away when she saw how Saxon reacted to telling her of the situation.

Beja then opted to try and mimic furrowing her ridges, like he did his eyebrows, “Oh I mean, that’s…..interesting…..”

How can I assist in making this a smooth environment for all parties? Have people already been paired up with the shadowing assignments?”

Katra Station -  Receptionist Area of the Counseling Office

“Oh well you know that there is the confidentiality we keep here, like a medical doctor and their hippocratic oath. I’m sure though you will not have long to wait until Beja is free,” Dali then went over to the replicator and ordered Cat’s requested drinks, extra shells. It wasn’t the taste of the shells that bothered her so much as the texture, it was always so off putting.

Dali brought back the drinks and bowls of shells. She finally noticed the vole, “Oh, what a handsome thing you are.” She bent down to get a better view of the vole, before looking up at Cat, “Does he like preserved meat? I keep some treats around for Mon, that I’d be happy to share with them.”

Dali looked around in an overly dramatic manner, and whispered loudly to Cat, “And you don’t want the Counselor to hear you say such things. I swear Beja must get an IV of prune juice!”

“What are you doing, may I ask? I’ve never seen such items before,” Dali looked curiously at the craft items that Cat brought out from her little bag. Humans were such strange creatures.

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 05:18:03 am »
<Katra Station - Counseling Office>

Beja smiled as Mon and the Commander played together, though she wasn’t quite sure if the Commander realized that he was doing so. Interesting. The more Beja thought about it, the more it made sense. The Commander did not appear to have any real friends on Katra. The Captain and the Commander had to be friends on some level, but did they do things that friends do? Did they hang out in the holodeck? Did they have a few ales at Brauhaus Gamma? Did either of them have true friends that they could confide their hopes, fears, dreams, joys, rage, sadness? She had once encouraged Commander Rayek to try and make a friend to help with his pressures and stress, maybe Commander Saxon and even the Captain could use that same prescription.

Though if Beja did such a thing, it would have to be without either realizing it. The Commander himself had made it quite clear what he had thought of counseling, and how it should not be used in the same sentence as his name. Sometimes people just needed the right kind of encouragement……

Beja nodded over to Saxon, “Well I’m afraid that my science knowledge has more to do with the body and mind, than circuits and  things. I know that we have some of the best minds in Science here at Katra, so if anyone can retrieve any information from the datacrystal I know it is our crew.”

When Saxon informed her of the visit from the Oversight team, Beja smiled brightly over at Saxon, “Oh that sounds like fun, to have people see how things actually work and shadow us. Just think of how having an objective, third party critique can help us improve our efficiency and work routine!” Her smile slowly faded away when she saw how Saxon reacted to telling her of the situation.

Beja then opted to try and mimic furrowing her ridges, like he did his eyebrows, “Oh I mean, that’s…..interesting…..”

How can I assist in making this a smooth environment for all parties? Have people already been paired up with the shadowing assignments?”

Saxon pounced on Beja's offer to assist like a Tiberian bat upon the neck of an unsuspecting prey. For a moment, the perks of First Officer became all too apparent. He sipped his drink, singularly surprised at the familiar taste that he had forgot in favour of its less...palpable medicinal benefits, and made a mental note to try it again in less formal surroundings.

Not that he had any particular social life; but he was too old now to waste precious time relaxing - whilst he still had, at the most, another half-a-century of life (sickness, accidents or in the line of duty notwithstanding) he most likely had half of that being capable of being useful. He'd get enough rest then; now he'd march on towards that bleak day being as productive as he had always been.

Which didn't include mollycoddling a bunch of civilian nitpickers. "I'd be obliged" he said. "No, allocations are yet to be set, although I don't for a moment believe anything we arrange will be agreeable." He knew the type - a presentation of a set plan would likely be seen as some kind of cover-up and so it could be waste everyone's time to pre-plan. "They have our senior manifest however, so perhaps they will...deign to tell us what they want in due course."

He looked to Mon and failed to suppress a smile before looking back up, his smile fading as swiftly as a ship cloaking. "I also have the unenviable task of informing Leftentant Goodspeed of this also..." He trailed off, wondering if this was how the light Calvary felt at Balaclava. "Maybe have Medbay on standby..." he murmured dryly.

Perhaps he'd work up the courage after a brief phaser range session...on Level 20.
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 11:13:25 am »

SS Wonderland II - On Approach to the Trialus System - Warp 8

On the bridge of the Wonderland, a pair of warp signatures gradually manifested on long-range sensors.  They were both approximately the same size, and they were both headed approximately in the Wonderland's direction.  Sensors further indicated that both vessels were travelling at a speed of approximately Warp 9. 

The flight path of the vessels was not quite in a straight line.  Occasionally, they changed course.  First one, and then the other.  15 degrees to port.  15 degrees to starboard.  Then back again.  It was a strange method of approach.  The lead ship was about 3 million kilometers in front of the trailing ship.  An unusual formation. 

The mass readings of the approaching vessels suggested that they were each many times the mass of the Wonderland.  So far, they were still too distant for an identification.  But as they approached closer, something new came upon the sensor screen.  Something alarming.

There was an antimatter explosion.  Bright, intense, definitive.  The detonation was between the position of the two vessels. 

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 12:58:00 pm »

At Finn's comment regarding Cathy's view on his judgement of the looks of other guys, Juraan snorted a little laugh. "Yeah, it would seem so." Putting his beverage aside he tapped on the console to check sensor readings. Everything was quiet. "So, I guess we better prepare ourselves for more questions if she brings the Bajoran reporter here."

SS Wonderland II - On Approach to the Trialus System - Warp 8

On the bridge of the Wonderland, a pair of warp signatures gradually manifested on long-range sensors.  They were both approximately the same size, and they were both headed approximately in the Wonderland's direction.  Sensors further indicated that both vessels were travelling at a speed of approximately Warp 9. 

The flight path of the vessels was not quite in a straight line.  Occasionally, they changed course.  First one, and then the other.  15 degrees to port.  15 degrees to starboard.  Then back again.  It was a strange method of approach.  The lead ship was about 3 million kilometers in front of the trailing ship.  An unusual formation. 

The mass readings of the approaching vessels suggested that they were each many times the mass of the Wonderland.  So far, they were still too distant for an identification.  But as they approached closer, something new came upon the sensor screen.  Something alarming.

There was an antimatter explosion.  Bright, intense, definitive.  The detonation was between the position of the two vessels. 

As he was saying that, something on the console caught his attention. Something that hasn't been there before or was only now manifesting enough on the sensors to show up.

Juraan registered the approximate size and direction the vessels were heading to, but for now he only observed. What the vessels were doing then had the Bajoran frown in surprise and he finally spoke up.

"Finn, take a look at that", he said, waving the Wonderland's Captain over. "I've got something on the sensors." He snorted at the bizarre flight path, which seemed to be sort of zigzag. "Those guys either had one too many, or they won their piloting license in the lottery."

Juraan tapped on the console to get more precise readings. But it wasn't very yielding. He shook his head, more to himself. "If the readings are correct those ships or whatever they are, are way bigger than us." He tapped on the console once more but it gave a negative bleep. "They're too far away for identification. But they seem to head towards us. So we should soon be able to-"

Another bleep cut Juraan off as his attention was drawn on the readings. His eyes widened. "By the Prophets", he gasped. "Something just blew up ... it was an anti-matter explosion! Right there between the two ships!" It was impossible to say what had caused the explosion. He had not seen anything on the screen that would indicate it.

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2021, 07:59:48 am »

Finns eyes were on the sensor trying to make sense of what he saw. The zig zagging ships had been a warning and he was almost ready to detour just because of the strange moving pattern. It was too strange to be okay and made him weary.

When the explosion went off, he instantly changed their course by 180 degrees but then looped completely back towards where they were coming from to evade the wake of the explosion. He had no idea how far an antimatter explosion would reach. the two ships should be gone, though.

Get our shields up, Juraan. Keep your eyes on the scanners. Tell me what you see.

His voice was a little shaky when he contacted their home base.
Katra Station. This is an emergency call from the SS Wonderland on route to you. We've just seen two ships on our scanners heading for us in a weird zig zag pattern and about 90 Seconds ago there was an antimatter explosion between them. We've turned around to head away. Please advise!

Finn could barely keep his voice slow and definite because the adrenaline rush was so huge.

Tapping his comm badge he added.Cathy, get back here as quick as you can. He couldn't say more in case she was close to any passenger.

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2021, 11:45:38 am »

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

Shortly after Solluk concluded his morning meetings with officers being promoted or transferred, the officer at the Operations station swiveled to face him.

"Sir," Ensign Rolas reported, "Getting a signal from the Wonderland.  They advise that there are two vessels running evasives in their area, and also report an antimatter explosion.  They are moving away from the vessels, but want guidance on how to proceed."

Solluk arched a brow, concern clear on his features.  What was it with ships called Wonderland?  Did they have a magnet for trouble?

"How far out are they?" Solluk asked, "And can we confirm these signal returns?"

"About a quarter of a light-year away, sir," She replied, "Just under 90 minutes at Warp 9." 

"I can confirm their readings of the two other vessels, and the antimatter explosion." Petty Officer Nye reported from the Science station, "The ships have been on our sensors for some time, but they were outside of the system, and not headed in our direction, so there was no reason for alarm.  The sensor return of the explosion just reached us.  Based on the spectral readouts, I suspect a photon torpedo... though not one of Federation or Klingon design."

Solluk glowered at the man.  "For the record, Petty Officer, vessels flying in an erratic pattern within a quarter-light-year of our Oort cloud is a cause for alarm."

Nye lowered his head slightly, chastened, "Yes, Sir."

Solluk turned his attention back to Rolas. "Advise the Wonderland to take a perpendicular course away from the ships, and then to spiral in towards the Trialus system.  Tell them we're sending an escort at best speed.  Then dispatch the CAP fighters to rendezvous with the Wonderland.  Launch two berthed fighters as a new flight element to take their patrol routes."

Rolas turned back to face her console.  "Aye, Captain.  Sending that message to the Wonderland now.   Coordinating with Flight Control to launch a new patrol element, and to redirect CAP.  With Tetryon Superchargers active, they will meet the Wonderland in about 1 hour."

Solluk sat back in his chair.  He had steadied his facial expression.  The firm grip on his chair's arm-rests were the only outward sign of his continuing concern.  Hopefully, these other ships would not be interested in the Wonderland.   And if they were, hopefully the Close Area Patrol flight element would reach them in time to provide some deterrence.  The two Strix fighters of the CAP element had four quantum torpedoes and eight photon torpedoes between them which they could bring to bear on a target. 

Those were sharp talons, not to be ignored.

"Take us to a silent Yellow Alert.  Prep the Aquila for launch." Solluk added after a moment's additional thought. 

Just in case 'hopefully' didn't work out.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 11:51:39 am by Solluk »

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2021, 01:20:28 am »

NPC Cathy Daniels
[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Crew Lounge >>> Bridge - On approach to the Trialus System]

Cathy for all her bluster towards Finn on the Bridge, hadn't headed straight to the passenger section of the ship.  Instead, the former science recruit had gone to the crew lounge to grab a rice cake to snack on as she did some investigating of her own.  She had called up the passenger manifest, located the names of the civilian reporters - Bront Branys of the Bajoran News Service, and Blake Anderson and Sara Vale of the Federation News Service - and then searched the available database for what little info there was on the reporters,  especially the cute Bajoran reporter, to get a sense of if Finn's assessment of the reporters and their reporting style was accurate.

Tapping his comm badge he added. Cathy, get back here as quick as you can. He couldn't say more in case she was close to any passenger.

She was just getting into the meat of her reading when Finn summoned her to the Bridge.  He sounded agitated.  Probably worried she was flirting with the Bajoran reporter!  Ha! Served him right.  But despite her amused opinion, Cathy couldn't just ignore the order - Finn was still the one who paid her wages and she didn't want her really upset at her - she liked working on the Wonderland.  Though she had claimed that they weren't family and he had no say... Finn and Juraan were closer than any family she'd had before... maybe barring her Nan.   

Sighing, Cathy tapped her comm.   =/\= "Yeah, yeah.  I'm on my way."  =/\=

She closed her database search on the Bajoran reporter - Bront.  Everything she'd read about the guy indicated he was a decent reporter - getting to the truth of a situation, not just sensationalizing it.  If the guy had Katra in his sights... there probably was a valid reason for it.  As she headed to the Bridge, Cathy toyed with the notion possibly asking Bront out while the reporter was assigned to the station if the Wonderland wasn't needed to do another run immediately. Cathy was all smiles as she stepped onto the Bridge.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

James Bryson

• Reserved Player
  • Lt. jg Bryson Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2021, 07:51:47 pm »
[Katra Station - Security Office - Deck 13]

Jeb had left the Control Center and went back to the Security Office. He was feeling pretty good. He thought again about how he was finally on his way up the ladder that was his chosen career path. One rung down. Many more to go. he thought. Once he reached the office, he began picking his teams and making assignments. He pulled in some extra personnel from beta shift for the restricted areas and deployed them. He looked over his PADD and ticked off areas. Armories. Control Center. Engineering areas. Extra security patrolling the Promenade for when their visitors had down time as well. He finished up with his teams and assignments and sent them to both Captain Sullock and the Commander Saxon. If either of them had issues or suggestions, he was sure they contact him.

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2021, 02:44:29 am »

Finns eyes were on the sensor trying to make sense of what he saw. The zig zagging ships had been a warning and he was almost ready to detour just because of the strange moving pattern. It was too strange to be okay and made him weary.

When the explosion went off, he instantly changed their course by 180 degrees but then looped completely back towards where they were coming from to evade the wake of the explosion. He had no idea how far an antimatter explosion would reach. the two ships should be gone, though.

Get our shields up, Juraan. Keep your eyes on the scanners. Tell me what you see.

His voice was a little shaky when he contacted their home base.
Katra Station. This is an emergency call from the SS Wonderland on route to you. We've just seen two ships on our scanners heading for us in a weird zig zag pattern and about 90 Seconds ago there was an antimatter explosion between them. We've turned around to head away. Please advise!

Finn could barely keep his voice slow and definite because the adrenaline rush was so huge.

Tapping his comm badge he added.Cathy, get back here as quick as you can. He couldn't say more in case she was close to any passenger.

Juraan did as Finn told him and raised their shields. But he didn't see a need for that. "The explosion is too far away to have an impact on us, fortunately." He left the sensors locked on the approaching vessels. "They're still there. I'm not exactly sure they actually belong together. The gap between them is a couple of million kilometers large. I don't know of any formation that would leave the single ships so vulnerable. One aspect of flying in a formation is to provide cover and protection for the others and oneself to a certain degree." He frowned as he kept looking at the readings. "Maybe they don't fly in formation but the one is chasing the other?", he speculated. "Maybe the explosion was from a weapon as the one fired on the other."

Juraan looked up briefly when Cathy returned to the bridge, grinning widely. Apparently, she had a good chat with the Bajoran reporter, he thought. Ah well.

=/\= "Wonderland II, this is Katra Station. We confirm the readings of two vessels and the explosion. Take a perpendicular course away from the vessels and then spiral in on the Trialus system. We are dispatching an escort for your support. They will be with you in about an hour. Please acknowledge." =/\=

Juraan raised his eyebrows as he made a whistling sound. "They have some fast ships", he muttered.

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2021, 01:40:56 pm »
Katra Station - Counseling Office

Beja nodded over to Saxon as he further explained the oversight and shadowing experience that the crew would be taking on. Clearly the Commander was not at all happy with the situation, but she looked at it as an opportunity not a determinant.

Perhaps we should do a welcoming party of sorts. We all know the Captains’ enjoyment of having food and drink available for any kind of meeting. We could have a little gathering for the oversight to meet the Senior staff, and we can do some get to know each other games!” Beja’s mind was already making up all the lists that would be needed for such a thing. Decorations, Catering, games, etc.

When the Commander appeared hesitant to let Cat know about the oversight, Beja couldn’t help but wonder why. Cat was such a happy and good hearted person, surely she would welcome the opportunity to grow and learn. That’s really what the oversight was here, to help them be better. An outside perspective can give quite invaluable help and information that would have otherwise been overlooked. After all, that’s what counseling was, an objective third party that looked at the situation and gave their support and reflection on it.

I’m sure Lieutenant Goodspeed will be on board, and happy to show off the hard work she has done on the station. Her excellent work is all over the station,” Beja encouraged the Commander to have more faith in Cat’s reaction.

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2021, 01:49:49 pm »
How can you still be so calm after everything that happened? Do Bajorans not have any emotions?
Finn asked Juraan because he didn't seem fazed. Finn had no desire to crash on a lonely planet anytime soon.
So he followed the orders and spiraled away towards the Trialus system.
Let's just hope they're not interested in us.
Finn pushed the comm button and told Katra.
Route changed to Trialus system.

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2021, 07:42:35 am »
<Katra Station - Counseling Office>

Beja nodded over to Saxon as he further explained the oversight and shadowing experience that the crew would be taking on. Clearly the Commander was not at all happy with the situation, but she looked at it as an opportunity not a determinant.

Perhaps we should do a welcoming party of sorts. We all know the Captains’ enjoyment of having food and drink available for any kind of meeting. We could have a little gathering for the oversight to meet the Senior staff, and we can do some get to know each other games!” Beja’s mind was already making up all the lists that would be needed for such a thing. Decorations, Catering, games, etc.

When the Commander appeared hesitant to let Cat know about the oversight, Beja couldn’t help but wonder why. Cat was such a happy and good hearted person, surely she would welcome the opportunity to grow and learn. That’s really what the oversight was here, to help them be better. An outside perspective can give quite invaluable help and information that would have otherwise been overlooked. After all, that’s what counseling was, an objective third party that looked at the situation and gave their support and reflection on it.

I’m sure Lieutenant Goodspeed will be on board, and happy to show off the hard work she has done on the station. Her excellent work is all over the station,” Beja encouraged the Commander to have more faith in Cat’s reaction.

His eyebrows, both of them, rose out of control in answer to Beja's optimisic summary of Goodspeed's attitudes. While he could absolutely agree that the Engineer was proud of her successes, the whole notion of her...let loose upon civilian oversight was terrifying; she was acidic enough with work colleagues when they interfered with her Kingdom- how she would react to a group whose undocumented (but completely obvious) job would be to find fault, could cause an explosion that made the Hobus Supernova look like the misfire of a phaser aboard a nuclear wessel, . "You should work in the Diplomatic Corps" he replied drily, before adopting a dubious and blatantly faux-contrite expression. "I'll take your optimism under advisement", before giving her a small bow of the neck, making a move to leave. "I'd be grateful if you could take forward reception arrangements ahead of their arrival; let me know what resources you will need in 4 hours, and I'll review for approval."

Paperwork(!)

What he wouldn't do for some excitement, some adventure - maybe even just a surprise or two...
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon