Author Topic: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2  (Read 18982 times)

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2021, 09:06:05 am »

SS Wonderland - On Approach to the Trialus System

"A Good Job?" Blake responded, quickly checking a PADD, "According to my records, this is the second ship of yours called 'Wonderland,' isn't it?  And it says here that the previous Wonderland was destroyed when Starfleet failed to properly secure trade routes.  And further, that the previous Wonderland was involved in more than one violent incident at or near Katra Station.  Is that correct?"

In the crowd of passengers gathered within the lounge, several reporters and civilian auditors made quick notations on PADDs of their own, and at least one or two could be seen poised to ask follow-up questions.

One reporter seemingly couldn't wait, and blurted out, "Sara Vale, Federation News Service- were any of your crew injured in these incidents?"

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

"At Ease, Ensign," Solluk said, smiling at the officer. 

"With recent events, I'm sure you know there's been a need to shuffle personnel at an accelerated rate," he began, tapping his PADD against his thigh for emphasis, "with so many positions to fill, and so many inexperienced cadets coming out of the Academy at New Bajor, we can't afford to keep an officer idle within a position if they've shown any promise for greater things."

Now Solluk pointed his PADD at Bryson, "...and according to the performance reports Commander Saxon has filed over the past couple of months, you show promise.  Consequently, I'd like you to take the Assistant Department Chief position in Security.  Provisionally, at first.  But if things work out, then on a permanent basis.  With Saxon doing double-duty as Strategic Operations Officer, this means you'd be taking more of a lead on Security Department managerial duties.  It's a lot of responsibility, if you're up for it."

James Bryson

• Reserved Player
  • Lt. jg Bryson Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2021, 08:07:22 pm »

"At Ease, Ensign," Solluk said, smiling at the officer. 

"With recent events, I'm sure you know there's been a need to shuffle personnel at an accelerated rate," he began, tapping his PADD against his thigh for emphasis, "with so many positions to fill, and so many inexperienced cadets coming out of the Academy at New Bajor, we can't afford to keep an officer idle within a position if they've shown any promise for greater things."

Now Solluk pointed his PADD at Bryson, "...and according to the performance reports Commander Saxon has filed over the past couple of months, you show promise.  Consequently, I'd like you to take the Assistant Department Chief position in Security.  Provisionally, at first.  But if things work out, then on a permanent basis.  With Saxon doing double-duty as Strategic Operations Officer, this means you'd be taking more of a lead on Security Department managerial duties.  It's a lot of responsibility, if you're up for it."

Jeb couldn't help but to grin. "Thank you, Sir. I'd be honored to take on more responsibilities and help out. Thank you so much for this opportunity." he said to the CO. He was thrilled to be given this chance and found himself practically speechless. This was the first step to his own security department.

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 12:36:50 am »
Katra Station - Counseling Office

The receptionist sat behind her desk, and looked up when the computer announced a visitor to the counseling offices. ‘Commander Saxon is at the door’. The Bolian crewmen quickly looked through the appointments and did not see any for the Commander. But it appeared that the afternoon was free of appointments, which would avoid any awkwardness with the senior officer.

Then Dali greeted the commander, “Good afternoon Commander. You are looking quite Commanding today. Are you here to see the counselor? I will be happy to let her know. Or are you here to see me? If so, then I swear I didn’t do it.” She gave Commander Saxon a flirty wink, and then notified Beja of their visitor.

Dali touched the intercom button, “Beja, Commander Saxon is here to see you.”

Beja responded through the intercom system, “Thank you Dali, please see him in.

Dali walked him over to the counseling office, even though it was only a few steps away. “Commander, here, it will make you best friends with the sehlat.” Dali reached into her pocket, and handed the commander a piece of dried meat. She found that it was a good ice breaker for those visiting the counseling area, to get used to the sehlat cub, who was not that much of a cub anymore.

Beja stood up from her report, and smiled over to Saxon when he arrived, “Hello Commander. It is good to see you. Can I get you anything to drink? Perhaps some prune juice?

I was just finishing up my latest report on plpyuS. It appears that they might not be a fan of Klingon Literature. But I won’t hold that against them of course.”

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 01:20:03 am »

The questions quickly went into a direction that Finn wasn't willing to go. Where did these reporters get their intel from and why ask him about it? So they could use his name as source.
I'm getting the impression that your looking for dirt on the Starfleet personell at Katra. I'm really the wrong person to answer these questions then.
He gave both reporters a pointed look.
If I felt unsave or unhappy there I would have left by now. Instead I'm offering my services to the station to fly a bunch of reporters in. That should tell you something.
He huffed a little and looked at Juraan. There was no need to tell the Bajoran not to answer the questions.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your flight.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:22:01 am by Finn Moreno »

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 07:39:33 am »
[SS Wonderland II - On Approach to the Trialus System]

Juraan had remained silently next to Finn as the reporters began to pose questions at the ship's Captain. He had the same suspicion as Finn, that these reporters were after a good story to write and not so much to learn what had really happened. Finn was quite straightforward with them, which made Juraan smirk a little. Though, he knew that it could backfire easily when you had a handful of reports on your bad side. Finn was dependant on missions, after all. And he was glad that nobody had mentioned the Dominion ship yet. Hopefully, this was a detail that had remained off the radars.

The Bajoran debated with himself if he should interfere or not. The reporters were only interested in the Captain's statements. When the female reporter asked about injured crewmembers, Juraan spoke up. "It was nothing that couldn't have been treated. Actually, the crew of Katra Station has been supportive and helpful in every way."

Juraan glanced between the reports and Finn and wondered if the Captain regretted as much as he that they had come out here.
Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Catherine Goodspeed

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • Cat Goodspeed's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2021, 11:24:11 am »
Katra Station - CoE Office

It was surprising how quickly the normal routine of things ebbed back into place once everyone was back at the Station.

Back home.

Back to reports and more reports and the generally affray of repairs and more repairs.

It was as if now the Wormhole had decided to shut itself down [and was refusing to open again like a spoiled 3 year having a full on tantrum] every private ship and shop owner had gone into a panic frenzy for repairs.  Free repairs that is.

It had gotten so bad that Cat had given specific orders that unless written authority was received from the Captain and confirmed visually by Solluk himself then non essential repairs to private individuals were off the menu.  They weren't a blooming charity repair shop for those who could afford it but wanted to sponge off her workers.

After signing the final report for the day Cat let her second in command Gus know she was finally signing off for the day by yelling that fact across her desk to him.

Gus waved a hand "You should have gone an hour ago Chief... Go for goodness sake"

Cat stood and brushed herself down, picked up a small linen clasped bag and the lead of Nibbler, the Cardassian trained sniffer vole she currently had with her who had been sleeping under her desk.

Not that she had favorites.  No indeed.

Nibbler happily squealed when he realized it was home time and pulled slightly on his lead to get home and get fed. "Gus.. "

"I know boss, no one to call you unless something is melting, exploding or really REALLY on fire.."

"Cheers my dears, see you tomorrow"  Cat waved as she disappeared through the door and went to stretch her legs.

Katra Station - Wildlife Center

Cat stood by the glass enclosure of the creature they had brought back from the planet and looked around.   "bugger..." Cat muttered under her breath to herself.

She had hoped to find Beja here. The bag she carried contained some delightfully soft yarn and a small PADD of "easy learn as you go" tutorials on the art of knitting which she hoped would help the young Klingon in her new found hobby.

Cat stared at the creature.

Cat nodded at it "All right?"

Cat had made a promise to Beja to be nicer to their new 'guest'.

"Treating you ok are they?"

"Bored with the view yet? Should we get someone to rotate you?"

Nibbler had wandered over and stretched up to sniff the glass.  It bothered Cat slightly that her 4 Cardassian Voles didn't seem to mind it, whereas it still made Cat want to run and hide under her bed covers.

"Nice day for it I suppose..... Well .. Umm.. Right! must be going. Things to see, people to annoy...errr... Bye then?"

Cat sidled out of the room and headed for Beja's office.  If she wasn't there Cat could always ask whoever was on reception.

Katra Station - Counselors Office

Cat smiled into the rather pretty face of the Bolian receptionist. Oh to be young again.

"Hello my dear!  Is the lovely Beja around and free?"  Cat tapped the bag on her shoulder "Have a little gifty for her and some treats for Mon."

Without being instructed to Cat eased herself into a seat to wait. "happy to wait for a bit"  Cat settled herself into a nearby chair and allowed Nibbler to hop onto her lap whilst staring around the room at nothing in particular like she was waiting for a dentist appointment.

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2021, 01:16:55 am »

The reporters paused their questioning when the Captain of the Wonderland seemed irritated by their queries, and he wished them a good flight, as though to close the matter.  The other crewmember of the Wonderland seemed to back the Captain's statements.  But while they fell silent, the reporters tapped notes into their PADDs, and began to edit the footage they'd just recorded. 

Were they looking for dirt?

They'd surely have told you 'no.'  They were seekers of Truth.

But nonetheless the clip got marked as a 'favorite.'  An adamant 'no' was as useful as a 'yes' for headlining a piece.  Meanwhile, the civilian auditors took their own notes of the exchange.  The demeanor of the reporters seemed to indicate a general dissatisfaction with Starfleet since the wormhole closure.  If so... the civilian government needed to be on the right side of that dissatisfaction... lest they become its target.

"Excellent," Solluk said, standing to shake Bryson's hand. 

"Your first duty will be to help deal with an influx of reporters and a civilian oversight committee coming to observe our operations here.  The new Wonderland should be arriving in just a few hours.  I'm not sure what to expect, exactly, but they'll be shadowing several of our officers.  Likely including yourself.  Just make sure no high-security zones are violated, and the civilians don't get themselves into any trouble with the locals. 

The last thing I want is some kind of incident in the middle of this circus."

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2021, 04:18:12 am »

With Juraan in tow Finn briefly went to the small staff lounge and grabbed a snack from.the replicator.
What the heck just happened? Where did they get the Intel of our crash? Isn't that confidential? Thanks for backing me by the way
Although 'nothing that couldn't be fixed' downplayed the Paklets and his own hardships too much.

He grabbed the trailmix and two drinks and returned to the bridge where he handed Cathy a drink.
Don't even think about flirting with any of these reporters. They're just looking to make Starfleet and Katra look bad.
Why would she be interested in one of these reporters at all. Recently Finn was under the impression she 'sort of liked' him in a school girl kind of way.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 04:20:10 am by Finn Moreno »

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2021, 05:24:33 am »
<Katra Station - Counseling Office>

The receptionist sat behind her desk, and looked up when the computer announced a visitor to the counseling offices. ‘Commander Saxon is at the door’. The Bolian crewmen quickly looked through the appointments and did not see any for the Commander. But it appeared that the afternoon was free of appointments, which would avoid any awkwardness with the senior officer.

Then Dali greeted the commander, “Good afternoon Commander. You are looking quite Commanding today. Are you here to see the counselor? I will be happy to let her know. Or are you here to see me? If so, then I swear I didn’t do it.” She gave Commander Saxon a flirty wink, and then notified Beja of their visitor.

Dali touched the intercom button, “Beja, Commander Saxon is here to see you.”

Beja responded through the intercom system, “Thank you Dali, please see him in.

Dali walked him over to the counseling office, even though it was only a few steps away. “Commander, here, it will make you best friends with the sehlat.” Dali reached into her pocket, and handed the commander a piece of dried meat. She found that it was a good ice breaker for those visiting the counseling area, to get used to the sehlat cub, who was not that much of a cub anymore.

Beja stood up from her report, and smiled over to Saxon when he arrived, “Hello Commander. It is good to see you. Can I get you anything to drink? Perhaps some prune juice?

I was just finishing up my latest report on plpyuS. It appears that they might not be a fan of Klingon Literature. But I won’t hold that against them of course.”

The receptionist to Lt Commander Beja's office was pleasant, friendly, and efficient - clearly perfect for the role she had been assigned.

She was also wholly inappropriate, and Saxon's proverbial collar stiffened at her improper insinuations. Or was that just some self-absorbed assumption from an old, miserable old goat? His beard rustled in repressed indignation - perhaps more at himself - and inched out a brisk nod of acknowledgement, trying not to meet her eyes.

That evasion failed as Dali, as it appeared to be her name as Beja's voice sang over the channel, handed him a small piece of...leather? No, some dehydrated meat; for a moment, he was taken back to paradoxically fond memories of the wilds of some godforsaken, storm-swept wilderness, waiting for orders to advance - the protein combat rations replete with such calorific foodstuffs, before the days of molecular replicators, and protein re-sequencers not yet portable.

He was about to smile at her, against his better judgement, until the vision of a haunted, injured Bolian looked back at him, a nameless casualty of some long forgotten skirmish. Quickly he locked down the emotion, stowed the smile, and looked away to the door towards Beja's inner sanctum. "Thank you" he said, more quickly than he'd have ordinarily liked, and strode through the doors.

He found the Counselor seated, and her smile was warm and open. Saxon raised his shields. "Lt Commander" he responded, and held out the PADD with the details of the upcoming delegation.

Well...he had intended to. But the muscle memory was still fresh and its terrible recall on his mind, so what he instead held out, as if proffering such to her, was the leathery strip. John blinked for a fraction of a second for realising with some measure of horror at what he had done, and what it could be construed as. "I...Well..." he attempted, and then looked back to the door. "Your Receptionist handed this to me for..." he looked around for the Vulcan feline that had been quite the attraction for so long now. Saxon turned back and waved it helplessly.
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 11:08:57 pm »
Katra Station -  Receptionist Area of the Counseling Office

Dali smiled over at Lieutenant Goodspeed and greeted the older human female warmly, “Hello Lieutenant! I hope your day is going well. Beja is meeting with Commander Saxon right now. I’m sure she will be happy to see you after.

Oh Mon will surely enjoy that. I’ve never seen him say no to a treat yet! Is there something I can get you while you wait? Tea, coffee, the counselor likes prune juice, though I don’t really care for it myself,” Dali scrunched up her nose at the thought of drinking such an awful tasting beverage.

Dali pantomimed looking around, and loudly whispered to Lt. Goodspeed, “Now, just between us girls of course, but I have always enjoyed the Ferengi Millipede juice, obviously without the shells.”

Beja’s smile widened at the Commander’s sweet offer to the sehlat cub. Mon immediately walked over to the Commander and sat down right in front of him. His tongue lolling out at the sight of the treat. But his training did not allow for Mon to take the treat until the sehlat was informed it was acceptable to take the offering. The sehalt’s tail thumped against the carpeted floor, while he patiently waited for the gift to be officially given.

Commander, that’s very nice of you. You may give it to Mon,” Beja watched the two interact with each other. Perhaps, what the Commander needed was such companionship. Command came with a lot of pressures and stress. And the higher up in command a person went, the less people were around for a person to truly confide in. It was a tough balance with being in command, and it came with a bit of loneliness, as a person couldn’t be too friendly with their subordinates.

Beja went over to the replicator, and got two prune juices. She brought them back to her desk and sat them on the top. She pushed one over to the Commander, as she sat down in her chair. She knew that the benefits for humans with prune juice was something that the Commander at his age could make use of.

Do you know if we have been able to get any information from the datacrystal yet? I really think we are on the verge of making a real connection with our guest in the Wildlife center. I wish I had empirical data to back that up with, but I only have my gut instinct, but as you know sometimes that is all we have to go with

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 06:14:50 am »

Beja’s smile widened at the Commander’s sweet offer to the sehlat cub. Mon immediately walked over to the Commander and sat down right in front of him. His tongue lolling out at the sight of the treat. But his training did not allow for Mon to take the treat until the sehlat was informed it was acceptable to take the offering. The sehalt’s tail thumped against the carpeted floor, while he patiently waited for the gift to be officially given.

Commander, that’s very nice of you. You may give it to Mon,” Beja watched the two interact with each other. Perhaps, what the Commander needed was such companionship. Command came with a lot of pressures and stress. And the higher up in command a person went, the less people were around for a person to truly confide in. It was a tough balance with being in command, and it came with a bit of loneliness, as a person couldn’t be too friendly with their subordinates.

Beja went over to the replicator, and got two prune juices. She brought them back to her desk and sat them on the top. She pushed one over to the Commander, as she sat down in her chair. She knew that the benefits for humans with prune juice was something that the Commander at his age could make use of.

Do you know if we have been able to get any information from the datacrystal yet? I really think we are on the verge of making a real connection with our guest in the Wildlife center. I wish I had empirical data to back that up with, but I only have my gut instinct, but as you know sometimes that is all we have to go with

The appearance of Mon caught Saxon by surprise - not of its gentle patter, but the way it sat - clearly and blissfully oblivious to the rank and position of the Human before it.

It?, he admonished himself. Why would a living thing be addressed as an 'it' when he referred to his holographic therapy companion, whom he had left behind (and now completely beyond reach) on Ba'ku, as She? Did that say more about him than he cared to admit? That he felt more comfortable with imaginary things than those in the real world? Perhaps a life of holding a phaser rifle made him feel close to objects - objects he could rely on - than living, thinking, lifeforms?

Or was it because he didn't have to care about objects in the same way?

Inwardly irritated that being in the merest presence of the Counselor forced him to automatically introspection, John distracted himself by waggling the treat to Mon, who remained as steadfast in their discipline as a newly-minted Cadet did on Parade before nipping at the trailing edge, engaging in light wresting. John held firm, and battle commence. "I understand Sciences, with Ensign Sirol taking the lead, are still working on accessing the data from the device" he said in reply, "I'm told the difficulty is with extracting what could be recorded upon it without messing with its" he waved his hand with the PADD, as the other was still otherwise engaged with Mon, "matrix or something." Unless he was asked to blow it up, 'Century' didn't take much interest in such things.

He ignored an inner voice pointing out that things were objects...

Taking the prune juice, something he had perhaps once or twice (certainly once on medical instruction) Saxon swapped the glass for the PADD, and finally released the morsel to the playfully tugging sehlat. "Worse news is that we're due to receive a surprise 'visit' from Oversight; apparently they want to shadow Departments. They don't call it an evaluation, but..."

He trailed off, his unkempt eyebrows, stubbornly refusing to stay trimmed through its right of age, drawing together in distaste. Inspections were fine. But this was mere interfering.
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2021, 08:13:26 am »
[SS Wonderland II - On Approach to the Trialius System]

The reporters paused their questioning when the Captain of the Wonderland seemed irritated by their queries, and he wished them a good flight, as though to close the matter.  The other crewmember of the Wonderland seemed to back the Captain's statements.  But while they fell silent, the reporters tapped notes into their PADDs, and began to edit the footage they'd just recorded. 

Were they looking for dirt?

They'd surely have told you 'no.'  They were seekers of Truth.

But nonetheless the clip got marked as a 'favorite.'  An adamant 'no' was as useful as a 'yes' for headlining a piece.  Meanwhile, the civilian auditors took their own notes of the exchange.  The demeanor of the reporters seemed to indicate a general dissatisfaction with Starfleet since the wormhole closure.  If so... the civilian government needed to be on the right side of that dissatisfaction... lest they become its target.

With Juraan in tow Finn briefly went to the small staff lounge and grabbed a snack from.the replicator.
What the heck just happened? Where did they get the Intel of our crash? Isn't that confidential? Thanks for backing me by the way
Although 'nothing that couldn't be fixed' downplayed the Paklets and his own hardships too much.

He grabbed the trailmix and two drinks and returned to the bridge where he handed Cathy a drink.
Don't even think about flirting with any of these reporters. They're just looking to make Starfleet and Katra look bad.
Why would she be interested in one of these reporters at all. Recently Finn was under the impression she 'sort of liked' him in a school girl kind of way.

Juraan observed the interaction of the reporters and especially Finn and felt the atmosphere in the room changing slightly. Apparently, the reporters had not expected such a clipped response to their questions but rather more information. While Juraan felt it wasn't a good idea to end this interaction on a note of tension, he couldn't say he was sad when Finn turned away from the reporters to grab a snack from the replicator. Lingering a moment longer indecisive, he offered a forced smile to them before following Finn to the replicator.

Leaning with one shoulder against the bulkhead, Juraan crossed his arms over his chest as Finn posed some questions. "I don't think it's confidential", the Bajoran replied. "Crewmembers are just people who talk if they are allowed to. Maybe it made the rounds from there."

[Bridge]

Juraan brought a jin'sarra for himself as he returned to the bridge with Finn. He sipped at it as he resumed his spot at the console and checked the readings while Finn commented on the brief conversation with the reporters. "They are probably just concerned to hear that a civilian freighter has been attacked and crashed. They think Starfleet don't manage to secure the trading routes properly." Maybe they should have emphasized more that Starfleet had come to their rescue. On the other hand ... there has been a Dominion ship attacking them.

"Oh, and I've not seen a any cute Bajoran, sorry", Juraan commented dryly to Cathy before he took another slow sip of his coffee.
Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2021, 08:03:26 pm »

NPC Cathy Daniels
[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Bridge - On approach to the Trialus System]

[SS Wonderland II - On Approach to the Trialius System]
[Bridge]

Juraan brought a jin'sarra for himself as he returned to the bridge with Finn. He sipped at it as he resumed his spot at the console and checked the readings while Finn commented on the brief conversation with the reporters. "They are probably just concerned to hear that a civilian freighter has been attacked and crashed. They think Starfleet don't manage to secure the trading routes properly." Maybe they should have emphasized more that Starfleet had come to their rescue. On the other hand ... there has been a Dominion ship attacking them.

"Oh, and I've not seen a any cute Bajoran, sorry", Juraan commented dryly to Cathy before he took another slow sip of his coffee.

Cathy grinned when the Finn and Juraan both returned - Finn with a drink for her - but her grin faded as she glanced past them when no following reporter was forthcoming.   She was about to ask what happened to her request, when Finn issued his 'no flirting order'.  Oh?

"Make them look bad how?  And why do we care what reporters say about Starfleet and Katra?  We aren't affiliated with them are we?" she asked then took a swallow of her drink that Finn had brought her. 

Only after she finished off her drink did she turn her gaze to Finn and fix him with a bit of a glare.  "For the record, you have no say over who I flirt with.  You aren't my Dad, your not my brother and you certainly aren't my boyfriend.. so stow the idea that you might have any say in the matter."

She then passed control over to Finn.  "I'm taking a break.  I'll be back - maybe with a guest.  So try to be on your best behavior."
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

James Bryson

• Reserved Player
  • Lt. jg Bryson Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2021, 08:27:55 pm »
[Katra Station - Operational Control Center

"Excellent," Solluk said, standing to shake Bryson's hand.

Jeb reached out and shook the CO's hand.

"Your first duty will be to help deal with an influx of reporters and a civilian oversight committee coming to observe our operations here.  The new Wonderland should be arriving in just a few hours.  I'm not sure what to expect, exactly, but they'll be shadowing several of our officers.  Likely including yourself.  Just make sure no high-security zones are violated, and the civilians don't get themselves into any trouble with the locals. 

The last thing I want is some kind of incident in the middle of this circus."

Reporters and civilians? Damn it. Wonder if it's too late to decline the offer now? Jeb thought to himself.

"Understood, Captain. With your permission, I'll get to setting up the details." Jeb began. "As soon as we have a count, I'll know better how many men I'll need. I'll make sure to have one with each group and to place security in the sensitive areas. We'll be sure to keep them safe and where they belong."

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2021, 03:43:10 am »

Solluk smiled and nodded.  The fact that Ensign Bryson already had a plan of action suggested he was the right officer for the job.

"It sounds like a plan.  We should have a confirmed count as soon as the Wonderland arrives.  I suspect Commander Beja will be planning some kind of reception for them when they get here.  You'll likely want to attend, to get a feel for the situation.  I'll be sure she includes you.  It should only be a few hours, now.

Until then."

Solluk reclaimed his seat.  His next conversation would be with Ensign Sirol.  The Romulan government- what remained of it in the quadrant- had expressed to Solluk its intention to recall Sirol to their latest embassy site, which was being established on New Bajor.  From there, Sirol was to receive some new assignment. 

This made sense, as New Bajor was now the center of UFP administration in the quadrant.  The Romulans doubtless wanted to have close contact with this new seat of power. 

Solluk had been told there would be a promotion and new opportunities for the promising young officer.  Perhaps to include serving with one of the quadrant's other powers in a new exchange program.   

Solluk was glad of it.  Ensign Sirol had been nothing but helpful and competent since the officer's arrival on Katra.  The Ensign would make a good ambassador for their people wherever they served.  Hopefully, at some time in the future, they would be assigned back to Katra again.  Everyone here had enjoyed working with them.