Author Topic: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2  (Read 18981 times)

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2
« on: May 18, 2021, 12:02:56 am »

Katra Station - Captain's Ready Room --> Operational Control Center

It had been two months since the conference on New Bajor to determine how to proceed in the wake of the wormhole closure.  Six weeks since the mission to rescue the Wonderland from a crash-landing on an alien world, and the retrieval of a strange alien creature which had been given a suite in the Animal Research and Rescue Center. 

It already felt like ages had passed since then. 

Solluk had been in his office daily, working through reports, requisitions, and mission logs from every Starfleet asset still active in the quadrant.  And there were many logs reporting on many failures:

First had been the Mughi's setbacks in repairing the auxiliary cruisers, thanks to critical hull damage requiring a shipyard to fix, and the shipyard having inadequate tooling and improper industrial replicator patterns for the job.  The Amalthea's failed negotiations with the Atrosians, due to a new Atrosian plot to clandestinely enslave the Etrosian people.  And the Tempest's failed First Contact with the Balotoans, whose warmongering leader had taken great offense at the Captain's peaceful approach.    At the moment, absolutely nothing was going according to plan.

Meanwhile, the civilian government at New Bajor was requesting an ever-increasing stack of reports for their oversight committees, scrutinizing every mistake or misstep made by every Starfleet asset under Solluk's command. 

And today, there would be one other thing...

Somewhere in the distant Alpha Quadrant, the whole of Vulcan was currently engaged in observing the Tal-Shanar, one of the Vulcan people's most sacred practices.  On Qo'nos, the Hov'Yay was around the corner, with Klingons celebrating the first victory of the Klingon Imperial Fleet against enemies of the Empire in deep space.

On Katra, they were about to celebrate 'Transparency Day.'

Solluk's loathing for the work of the new Federation Interim Council could not adequately be expressed in words.  From the moment they'd voted themselves into authority, they had been exercising ever-greater scrutiny over every decision Solluk and the other Captains of the fleet had made.  Every failure required an explanation, and every explanation was picked apart and questioned further.

How did one convey to them that running an interstellar fleet was a task fraught with difficulty, and that there were no guarantees of success?

Sighing, Solluk got up from his chair and exited the Ready Room, joining Saxon in the Operational Command Center.  Commander John Saxon had been essential in doing the heavy lifting of both Strategic Operations and Station Operations while Solluk had spent the past several weeks buried in paperwork. 

"Commander," Solluk said as he entered the room, "I've just read the latest advisories from New Bajor."  He held out the PADD so that John could see it.  "It seems they have declared a 'Transparency Day' so that the citizens of the 'Federation in Isolation' can feel more secure about the actions of Starfleet.   Consequently, they are teaming up reporters from the Bajoran News Service with Civilian Auditors to make a 'Friendly Evaluation' of our operations for a big news story coming out in a week, set to coincide with a celebration of the 'Openness of Operations.'  This 'Transparency Team' is set to arrive later today.

It says here they wand to 'Shadow' with the full scope of Station Personnel to gain a 'Holistic Understanding' that will enhance 'Synergy.' "

Solluk's statement contained so many irritating buzzwords that he worried for the safety of Saxon's hearing.

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: The Fourth Estate - Season 1, Episode 2
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 05:29:21 am »
<Katra Station - Operational Control Centre>

A wise, if not cantankerous, man once said, "the bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.". Those profound words, made only 14 years before he was born, remained true to Saxon to this day. You could forget the countless hordes of Jem'Hedar, the entire Collective of the Borg, an Armada of war-blooded Klingons, or Eldritch horrors from the dawn of time; mere amateurs compared to the understated, insidious terror of a bureaucrat; The pen was truly mightier than a Galaxy-class starship.

So, as Captain Solluk handed him a PADD detailing the pending arrival of an entire army of such, and the watery, deceitful phrasing to what amounted to an audit, there was only but one recourse. "Red alert", he said to Solluk, yet quietly enough not to be taken as an instruction to the OCC, "shields up."

He read through the text, the creases in his face deepening at every new word. Done, he sighed through his nose, and handed the tablet back, his eyebrows furrowed mischievously. "Shall I have Goodspeed meet them on arrival, or would that contravene the Galactic Convention of Weapons of Mass Destruction?" He had to admit, the very idea of the acerbic Engineer being their first line defence against such a visitation filled him with joy.

The Federation Interim Council had hardly endeared themselves with the old soldier. As the mission reports were received, commented upon, and returned, with the additional slight towards 'Century', deftly reminding him - and Captain Solluk - that his new rank was yet Provisional, and indicated an extraordinary advancement for the until-recently Lieutenant Saxon. It recognised, they said, that the experience of a war hero ("of some years past", they added with some barbed tongue) constituted a defendable choice as Katra's First Officer, given the promotions and subsequent departures of Tess and Rayek aboard the USS Amalthea, but his appointment was not to be taken as affirmed and made all the more unusual given the nature of his original Commission, which had - much like now - not intended to be of any prolonged tenure (or in other words, reading between the lines, 'not expected to remain in service at his age'.)

This, Saxon felt, was a shot across the bow, close enough to rattle the plating. To both he and Solluk. And gave this latest development a more insidious undertone.

But furthermore, this could not have come at a worst time, and 'Century' felt this was not a coincidence either. The resignation of Lt Paul Wessex, the station's Chief of Security, and Saxon's replacement, had come as quite a blow. The transfer from the Federation Naval Patrol had, as Saxon understood it, felt strongly at the nature of StarFleet's perceived militaristic identity which impacted the station's civilians. The Lieutenant had fermented quite a loyal following among the populace on the Promenade, and his new role as an Inspector in the Federation Security Service was now mandated - Starfleet would continue to provide Security to all areas on the station except for the Promenade, where Wessex would be the primary civilian law enforcement officer and all policing matters would go through him, including requests for interviewing suspects.

Personally, Saxon didn't like the boy (being a third of his own age, John felt 'boy' was appropriate, all things being relative). He had a smile that was friendly and open, that - to the venerable officer - demonstrated naivety and misplaced trust. They had yet to meet but he had every reason to believe that would soon change, especially during this 'Transparency' Evaluation.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 06:02:38 am by John Saxon »
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

James Bryson

• Reserved Player
  • Lt. jg Bryson Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 08:24:21 pm »
[Katra Station - Security Office - Deck 13

Jeb sat at the terminal and was looking over the duty rosters. He had been on the station for six weeks now and had been glad to finally be off the ship. However, he hadn't anticipated how big the station was. The only saving grace was that there was an extensive security department. Otherwise, patrols aboard the Katra would be horrendous. On the other side of it, down time was amazing. There was so much to do on a station and Jeb couldn't wait for some more free time.

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 12:50:25 am »

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

Solluk smirked as Saxon clandestinely called for a Red Alert.  It was good to have a compatriot on his side in this particular battle.  Someone to commiserate with him over the petty injustices of a burgeoning bureaucracy.

However, when Saxon suggested sending Goodspeed to meet the delegation, Solluk actually barked with laughter.

"I'm sure there's a provision against using subspace devices as weapons of war," he said, likening the Engineer to a tricobalt demolitions device.

But of course, that wasn't fair to tricobalt devices.

"I think this is a job for the station's Diplomatic Officer," Solluk said, "Why don't you go brief her on the impending arrival of this team, and see to it she provides the necessary greeting.  While you're with her, see if she's made any progress with that tentacled beast we've got in the isolation unit."

He paused, and then realized there was one other onerous task he could inflict on his poor old First Officer.

"Oh, and speaking of Goodspeed... maybe you ought to tell her about this."

Delegating such tasks was one of the ameliorating perks of being a CO.  Solluk moved to take the Command Chair.

"I believe it is your job to take a phaser beam for me, if necessary," Solluk added, beginning to enjoy his day for the first time, "I can promise some kind of posthumous medal... assuming civilian oversight approves."

Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - On approach to the Trialus System
                     Warp 8

Odelot placed a freshly brewed tea on the table beside a young bajoran man.  "Here you are going.  Are you wanting to hear an Odelot fact?"

Ever since taking on the duties of cook on the new Wonderland, Odelot felt that it was his duty to provide some entertainment value for the passengers.  Most of the food was replicated, after all, so he had to add some value somewhere.  This had led him to assemble an assortment of 'Odelot Facts.'  These were surprising and amusing facts he had gathered during his time serving on ships across two quadrants.

The man, a Bajoran News Service reporter named Bront Branys, blinked up at the Pakled with some surprise at the question. 

"What's an Odelot fact?" Bront asked.   Several other passengers nearby turned towards the conversation with interest.

"It is a fact from Odelot," Odelot explained.

Bront shook his head, "But... what's an Odelot?"

Odelot blinked in surprise, sure that he had introduced himself to their entire passenger complement days ago.  "I am Odelot!"

"Oh," Bront said, somewhat embarrassed, "I'm sorry.  Yes, please tell me an Odelot fact."

"This is being Tea from Earth," Odelot said, as he unveiled a mystery of the universe, "And they call it 'T' in English, which is being an Earth language.  But it is having two other letters in the name, an 'E' and an 'A' but nobody is knowing what they are for."

Bront stared at the Pakled for a moment, speechless.  "Ah," he said at last, "That... that is quite a fact.  Thank you, Odelot.  Um... do you know how much longer till we reach Katra Station?"

Odelot nodded, "Oh, Yes, Odelot is knowing."

Then the Pakled moved on to serve the next of their two-dozen passengers, leaving Bront in bewilderment.

Beja

• Approved Applicants
  • Beja's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 01:01:44 am »
Katra Station - Wildlife Center

Beja sat on what the humans called a bean bag, with a book on her lap. She had left Mon back at her office, as this was close to his afternoon rest time. One hand was on the book in her lap, the other was placed on the window of the enclosure that held the Wildlife Center’s newest addition. Beja glanced up and smiled brightly, “Today plpyuS I’m going to share a bit of my culture with you. I think you are really going to like this one.”

Beja changed to speaking in the Klingon Language, “The Epic of Kortar. It’s one of my favorites.”

An hour later, after making dozens of adjustments to the translator, she finally reached the best part.  “And the heart said... 'I am alone.' And the gods knew that they had erred. So they went back to their forge and brought forth another heart. But the second heart beat stronger than the first, and the first was jealous of its power. Fortunately, the second heart was tempered by wisdom. 'If we join together, no force can stop us.' And when the two hearts began to beat together, they filled the heavens with a terrible sound. For the first time, the gods knew fear. They tried to flee, but it was too late. The Klingon hearts destroyed the gods who created them and turned the heavens to ashes. To this very day, no one can oppose the beating of two Klingon hearts."

Beja shut the book and smiled again at plpyuS, and switched back to common, “Well plpyuS, I hope that one day my beating Klingon heart will be able to reach you. You are no longer alone my friend. You have found sanctuary here. And I will continue to try to find a way to reach you. I shall not give up, not until my own Klingon heart stops beating. That is my vow I give you.”

Beja stood up, tucking the book under one arm. She picked up the bean bag, and put it back into the little closet area where she kept it. She took one last glance at plypuS and made her way back to her counseling office. She greeted the receptionist and made her way to her office. Beja sat down behind her desk. Bringing out her PADD she watched the video that had been recorded during her reading to plpyuS. She began to type up her report.

After reviewing the video feed, and matching up the images with the other recordings done, there is still no pattern that can be found with plpyuS movements or colors changing. The Klingon language does not appear to have made any discernible reaction or response from plpyuS. Our next attempt will be to see if Ultraviolet light patterns will have any impact. We have tried the pulsing that works with the space whale. We have tried telepathy. We have tried most common languages used in the Federation. No reaction has been forthcoming.

My hypothesis is that we find an answer on the datacrystal found in the wreckage. Science teams are currently working to see what information can be salvaged. My hope is that there is something there that will help in communicating with plpyuS. I feel like plpyuS is sentient. The more I spend time with them, the more I feel like there is an intelligence there. But this intelligence I’ve not yet been able to fully access. I hope that will change once the datacrystal has been fully examined.

Beja frowned as she stood up and walked over to the replicator. She punched in her request, and waited for her drink to appear. She sipped the prune juice as she sat back down at her desk, and looked over at Mon, “Perhaps I should try sehlat language next,” she said with a wink.

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 10:01:39 am »

Warp 8

The new ship was a gem. As much as Finn had loved his Wonderland, this was so much cooler. Firstvof all it was much newer. Second it was faster, armed and could also comfortably transport people.

With a grin that seemed to have been plastered on his face for ages , he announced.
Katra, this is the Wonderland. I've got your delegation on board. ETA approximately in 6 hours.
He let go of the button and twisted his seat to look at the others.
Are you loving this ship as much as I am? Cathy...do you want to take over for a bit?

He got up and gave Juraan a clap. I'm glad you stayed. Let's go check on the 'cargo'.
Who knew what sort of entertainment Odelot was providing back there.

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 10:42:14 am »
[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Bridge - On approach to the Trialus System]

Warp 8

The new ship was a gem. As much as Finn had loved his Wonderland, this was so much cooler. Firstvof all it was much newer. Second it was faster, armed and could also comfortably transport people.

With a grin that seemed to have been plastered on his face for ages , he announced.
Katra, this is the Wonderland. I've got your delegation on board. ETA approximately in 6 hours.
Are you loving this ship as much as I am? Cathy...do you want to take over for a bit?

He got up and gave Juraan a clap. I'm glad you stayed. Let's go check on the 'cargo'.

The past weeks have been rather quiet and slowed down which Juraan had appreciated. Right now, on the brand new ship, he felt quite relaxed. Looking up from the console, he felt Finn clap his shoulder. His comment earned a slight confused frown from the Bajoran. "Where was I supposed to go?" At the suggestion to join him to check the 'cargo' Juraan got up. He had not mingled with the passangers really yet. He knew though that there were Bajorans aboard as well.

Redirecting the sensor data to Cathy's console, Juraan locked his and stood up. "I could use a little walk", he said. "Holler when you need us. I can take over for you when we're back", he offered. Then he turned to Finn and nodded, indicating he was ready to go with him.
Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 10:51:34 am »
Together with Juraan, whom he had gotten quite fond of despite his constantly disgruntled state, he walk from the bridge to the passenger area.
The Wonderland crew now even sported some plain uniforms with a logo that Finn had drawn up in their down time.
They fit snug and made them look rather spiff.

The pasengers were seated in small groups in lounge like chairs with individual entertainment units.
As he approached Finn announced.
Good afternoon. I'm Captain Moreno. I wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you aboard the Wonderland. I hope you find your flight pleasant so far. If there's anything my staff can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.
He looked at Juraan wondering whether he wanted to add anything.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 12:11:35 pm »

NPC Cathy Daniels
[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Bridge - On approach to the Trialus System]

Warp 8

The new ship was a gem. As much as Finn had loved his Wonderland, this was so much cooler. First of all it was much newer. Second it was faster, armed and could also comfortably transport people.

Cathy, who was doing her best not to doze off on the flight over, blinked a moment at hearing her name.  She gave herself a bit of a shake and then nodded in agreement to Finn's statement.   

"Yeah, she's a beaut."

When Finn offered for her to take the controls, Cathy sat up straighter in anticipation.  "Yeah, sure thing! I got the controls."

She quickly transferred the manual control to herself then gave Finn a wink.   "Tell that cute reporter that he's welcome to come up front to see the docking procedure when it's time."

The past weeks have been rather quiet and slowed down which Juraan had appreciated. Right now, on the brand new ship, he felt quite relaxed. Looking up from the console, he felt Finn clap his shoulder. His comment earned a slight confused frown from the Bajoran. "Where was I supposed to go?" At the suggestion to join him to check the 'cargo' Juraan got up. He had not mingled with the passangers really yet. He knew though that there were Bajorans aboard as well.

Redirecting the sensor data to Cathy's console, Juraan locked his and stood up. "I could use a little walk", he said. "Holler when you need us. I can take over for you when we're back", he offered. Then he turned to Finn and nodded, indicating he was ready to go with him.

Juraan's comment about 'where was he supposed to go' had Cathy grinning. "No place at all.  You're stuck with us!" she remarked cheerily.   Then shrugged at Juraan's offer to take over after his 'walk'.   Cathy was fine at the moment - flying this new ship was novel and appealed to her at the moment so she wasn't in any hurry to pass it off to Juraan.    Give it two or three hours with little to see or do and her perspective would likely change - that was just how Cathy was .. how she was this entire trip from New Bajor.   

She'd be glad to arrive at the station after several days of travel.
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

John Saxon

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • John Saxon's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 03:10:01 am »
<Katra Station - Operational Control Center>

Solluk smirked as Saxon clandestinely called for a Red Alert.  It was good to have a compatriot on his side in this particular battle.  Someone to commiserate with him over the petty injustices of a burgeoning bureaucracy.

However, when Saxon suggested sending Goodspeed to meet the delegation, Solluk actually barked with laughter.

"I'm sure there's a provision against using subspace devices as weapons of war," he said, likening the Engineer to a tricobalt demolitions device.

But of course, that wasn't fair to tricobalt devices.

"I think this is a job for the station's Diplomatic Officer," Solluk said, "Why don't you go brief her on the impending arrival of this team, and see to it she provides the necessary greeting.  While you're with her, see if she's made any progress with that tentacled beast we've got in the isolation unit."

He paused, and then realized there was one other onerous task he could inflict on his poor old First Officer.

"Oh, and speaking of Goodspeed... maybe you ought to tell her about this."

Delegating such tasks was one of the ameliorating perks of being a CO.  Solluk moved to take the Command Chair.

"I believe it is your job to take a phaser beam for me, if necessary," Solluk added, beginning to enjoy his day for the first time, "I can promise some kind of posthumous medal... assuming civilian oversight approves."

If one could define 'Century' Saxon's career in one word, 'perilous' would be in the Top 10 of suggestions. From sabotaging behind enemy lines, to leading the charge among churned battlgrounds, risk was his business, and he accepted such with courage.

But 'peri'l was a word that wholly undersold what Solluk had just asked him to do: to let Lt Catherine Goodspeed, the station's Chief Engineer, know there was a delegation from the Interim Council coming to 'shadow' the senior staff. Including her.

"I resign" was all he said dryly, and then with a non-verbal (but somehow still completely communicated) hurrumph, the XO glared playfully at Solluk before stalking out of the OCC.

Beja first, he decided. He needed time to steel himself for the other battlefield.

Not that seeing the Chief Diplomatic Officer, Acting Chief Medical Officer and Counselor had no risks of its own; the Klingon had a recent tendency, likely as some kind of parting agreement (or was that conspiracy) with Dr - Captain -Tess t’Lhoell to take charge of his wellbeing now the prior CMO had her own, first, command. It was perhaps an unfair comparison, but Beja had previously proved herself to be as a determined warrior of peace as her people were for battle. She was, John had found to his dismay, relentless in ensuring his mental and physical condition was up to par. Partly, without doubt, it was simply a matter of ensuring the First Officer was fit to pick up the baton should, Great Bird forbid, the Commanding Officer be incapacitated.

But his advanced age was, without question, a persistent combatant that the Quiet Warrior, the Daughter of Noh'ves, seemed to be very much keen to engage - hand to hand if necessary - and Saxon's patience risked being a casualty, very much expecting reminders to take it easy, to speak up about his feelings, and to seek help when he needed it.

For a moment, he contemplated tossing a mental coin to see which painful encounter to experience first, before ultimately deciding that Beja's caring efforts trumped the withering, likely resistant, glare of the durable Engineer.

<Katra Station - Counselor Office>

Saxon had been told that the Lt Commander had subsequently moved from the Wildlife Centre as he was on his way there, and thus redirected his march towards her office. Inwardly, his shoulders sagged; the Wildlife Centre could have been a useful distraction, on neutral territory. But in her professional office she was on home turf, and no doubt surrounded by materials that would remind her to query him about his welfare.

Standing outside her office, Saxon therefore set his shoulders, found iron in his spine, and chimed the door that, for the moment, shielded him from an exercise in self-reflection.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 04:07:11 am by John Saxon »
There are old soldiers.
And there are bold soldiers.
And then there’s:
John 'Century' Saxon

Juraan Ren

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
  • ID for Juraan Ren
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2021, 06:45:39 am »

NPC Cathy Daniels

Cathy, who was doing her best not to doze off on the flight over, blinked a moment at hearing her name.  She gave herself a bit of a shake and then nodded in agreement to Finn's statement.   

"Yeah, she's a beaut."

When Finn offered for her to take the controls, Cathy sat up straighter in anticipation.  "Yeah, sure thing! I got the controls."

She quickly transferred the manual control to herself then gave Finn a wink.   "Tell that cute reporter that he's welcome to come up front to see the docking procedure when it's time."

Juraan's comment about 'where was he supposed to go' had Cathy grinning. "No place at all.  You're stuck with us!" she remarked cheerily.   Then shrugged at Juraan's offer to take over after his 'walk'.   Cathy was fine at the moment - flying this new ship was novel and appealed to her at the moment so she wasn't in any hurry to pass it off to Juraan.    Give it two or three hours with little to see or do and her perspective would likely change - that was just how Cathy was .. how she was this entire trip from New Bajor.   

She'd be glad to arrive at the station after several days of travel.

At Cathy's comment that they should tell that cute reporter that he's welcome to come and watched the docking procedure from the bridge, Juraan nudged her shoulder as he walked past her. "I think Doctor Joey will be jealous", he teased before leaving the bridge with Finn.

[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Passenger area]

Together with Juraan, whom he had gotten quite fond of despite his constantly disgruntled state, he walk from the bridge to the passenger area.
The Wonderland crew now even sported some plain uniforms with a logo that Finn had drawn up in their down time.
They fit snug and made them look rather spiff.

The pasengers were seated in small groups in lounge like chairs with individual entertainment units.
As he approached Finn announced.
Good afternoon. I'm Captain Moreno. I wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you aboard the Wonderland. I hope you find your flight pleasant so far. If there's anything my staff can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.
He looked at Juraan wondering whether he wanted to add anything.

Juraan remained standing next to Finn in a relaxed stance. It was the first time they had actual passengers on board and he was a little surprised how Finn seemed to enjoy his role as the freighter's Captain in front of the passengers. But then he guessed, who wouldn't?

While Finn welcomed the guests, Juraan scanned the room to take in what kind of people were gathered here. He didn't expect to know any of them. His gaze lingered a little longer on a Bajoran man. Ah. That was the 'cute reporter'. After looking at the man a moment longer, Finn's words as he addressed him made him tear his gaze away from him and look at the human. His questioning look suggested he gave him the opportunity to say something if he wanted to. He didn't. But he thought he should play along to support Finn.

"Uh, yes. Sholey." He bowed the slightest bit. "As Captain Moreno said, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything. We will be happy to help you out as best as we can. We will reach Katra Station in about 6 hours." He even gave the faintest smile and then looked back at Finn.

Sholey = Welcome

Species: Bajoran

Alt of Tess t'Lhoell

Solluk

• Reserved Player
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2021, 07:24:40 pm »

SS Wonderland - On Approach to the Trialus System

"Hello, Captain," one figure stood up from the mass of passengers, "Blake Anderson, Federation News Service, in partnership with the Bajoran News Service.  I wonder if you have time to answer a few questions about what it's like to operate a freighter in these trying times?"

As he waited for an answer, a plethora of other media figures turned to look at the Captain, antigrav, implanted, or handheld recording devices at the ready to capture Finn's response.  The passenger lounge had just transformed itself into a press conference. 

In addition to the reporters, members of the civilian oversight teams leaned forward in their seats, paying special attention to whatever the Captain of the Wonderland might say. 

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

Solluk grinned at Saxon, enjoying their brief banter before the brave soldier went to complete some of the most dangerous tasks of his career.   Once his XO had departed, the Vulcan laid a PADD in his lap and began going through his 'to-do' list.  There were two items pending which were actually pleasant to consider, so he decided to start with them.

He tapped his badge, =/\= Ensigns Sirol and Bryson, please report to the OCC at your earliest convenience. =/\=

Usually, he did this in a private meeting, but he didn't think either of them would mind it if something positive was said in front of other officers.

James Bryson

• Reserved Player
  • Lt. jg Bryson Katra
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2021, 10:18:09 pm »
[Katra Station - Security Office - Deck 13

He tapped his badge, =/\= Ensigns Sirol and Bryson, please report to the OCC at your earliest convenience. =/\=

Jeb looked up from the roster he was reading when the CO's voice came over his comm. He immediately reached for it to respond.

=/\= Bryson here, Sir. I'm on my way.  =/\=

He made his way to the closest lift and rode it up from deck thirteen to the OCC on deck one. He looked around and found the CO. Without waiting, he walked over and came to attention.

"Ensign Bryson reporting as ordered, Sir." he said.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2021, 12:10:17 am »

NPC Cathy Daniels

At Cathy's comment that they should tell that cute reporter that he's welcome to come and watched the docking procedure from the bridge, Juraan nudged her shoulder as he walked past her. "I think Doctor Joey will be jealous", he teased before leaving the bridge with Finn.

Cathy gave a laugh at Juraan's teasing comment. 

"That's what I'm going for." she called back to the pair who were headed towards the passenger section of the ship. 

Then she leaned back into her chair and let the 'autopilot' do its job.  She was there mostly in case something was encountered.  But from what she'd heard, there hadn't been another attack since the wormhole was closed.  That should be reassuring, but to Cathy, it felt more like the calm before the storm.   

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2021, 05:12:45 am »

[Aerie Class Transport - SS Wonderland II - Passenger area - On approach to the Trialus System]

An attempt had been made to introduce himself and be a good captain of a passenger transpoet but Finn had not expected any questions of this kibd or all on eyes on him. Boxes filled with goods had never asked him any questions and right now he wasn't sure whether the Federation would expect an interview from him.
He felt fairly intimidated by the amount of eyes on him and wrinkled his brow.
I suppose you could ask me a few questions.
He looked to Juraan wondering whether this was stupid.
To be honest I've only worked for the Federation for a short time but it's a good job.