Author Topic: S1M2 - Downtime  (Read 8063 times)

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
S1M2 - Downtime
« on: May 06, 2021, 10:30:35 am »
[USS Amalthea - Captain's Ready Room]

The Amalthea is on the way to unexplored space in the Gamma Quadrant. Thing have quieted down after our encounter with the Atrosians. I'm looking ahead and forward to our mission with new hope and confidence.

Something else I am looking forward to is another one of the Amalthea's Entertainment Friday Nights. We established them not long after our departure to give the crew a chance to get to know each other better and to form stronger bonds among the crew. I have not been able to attend as often as I would have liked but tonight I'm positive I'll have the chance to spend some time with my crew in an inofficial setting. I would like to take Fvienn with me and hope that Rayek will agree to join us as well.

End log.

[USS Amalthea - Deck 9 - Holodeck - 1900 hrs]

It was dance night and the holodeck was already set up to greet the crew for a fun night. Music was playing in the background for now, there was a huge dance floor in the middle, around it at the sides were smaller booths and single tables to sit in groups. At the back was a bar to get drinks and there was also options to order all varieties of foods.
Currently still hidden inside the dance floor was a platform that would pull out at some point to form a small stage for a karaoke competition if the crew was in the mood for it.
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Mas Molane

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: S1M2 - Downtime
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 12:19:16 am »

USS Amalthea - Deck 9 - Holodeck - 1900 hrs

Mas stepped into the holodeck's simulated dance environment, wearing the most fashionable party clothes in his closet.  Lurian Mash Dancing was probably not on the itinerary, but Lurian Mash fashion was the most refined form of social fashion in the galaxy.  Or so it seemed to Mas.  The gold threads in his clothes, the pendant tie around his neck, and the thick plastic spike pads on his shoulders all combined to announce Mas as the most fashionable person in attendance tonight.  It was hard to compete with a Zhosha original.  He'd paid a quarter of his life savings for it before leaving Luria, knowing that such hand-stitched artistry was not to be found in the Federation. 

Hopefully, his friends would not take it badly.

As he looked around the room, he reflected on their recent mission.  A failure, by some counts.  They had uncovered an Atrosian conspiracy against the Etrosian people.  Skirting the tenets of the Prime Directive, they'd revealed the truth of the matter.  In so doing, they had ruined any chance at gaining vital Atrosian scientific research.

But they had come away clean. 

What did it benefit them to re-open the wormhole, if they corrupted themselves in the process?

No.  Despite it being a loss on 'paper,' Mas considered it a win.  A win for morality. 

And tonight, they would celebrate.

Mas strode onto the floor with the swagger of a man who was utterly secure in himself. 

A classic Human tune played in the background, seemingly a theme song for his mood.  If he remembered correctly, the tune was part of a musical movement humans called 'Discus.'  It celebrated a great figure of Earth history named RaRa Raspooteen, known for his strength and seductive power.  And, presumably, for moving quickly.  The fact that the man was always rushing was brought up quite frequently in the song, and he even loved a Queen known for rushing.  In the end, he was apparently assassinated.  No doubt, people were jealous of him.

No worries. 

Mas was among friends tonight.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:22:23 am by Mas Molane »
Awarded to the player who has written the Post of the Month in March 2021

Verlok

• Retired/Deceased
  • "The particles are elementary, Captain."
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:19:11 am »
[USS Amalthea - Deck 9 - Holodeck - 1900 hrs]

Unruffled in his uniform, Verlok looked at the contraption held by his steady hands with his traditional, and likely very standard expression, an expression more than once had been described at the Academy as his RVF - 'Resting Vulcan Face' which was apparently a magnitude of a cause of mirth beyond his experience; indeed, several paragraphs later, explaining the comparative calorific dissonance of undisciplined facial feedback and the positive cultural implications of Surak's intellectual Renaissance, the 'joke' had become as dry as the Forge itself. Eventually, the number of such comments matched the acrid plains and ceased to become a matter of discussion.

Nevertheless, it never ceased to fascinate the Vulcan at how many times the more emotive species attempted to wrest some likeminded reaction from him, or subject his stoic resolve to illogical paraphernalia. He looked at the group, and back to it again. "What function does this object serve?" he asked, now looking to the ceiling and back. His eyes sought out, through the not-so-ambient decibels, his close working colleagues, and spotted Mas Molane in the comparative distance, in oppulant attire that would have not been remarkable among the Ferengi's doctrine of the Divine Treasury, and calculated a swift intercept from his vocational colleagues from the Science Department.

"Its", Ensign Horace struggled through the chuckles, "an umbrella!" He prodded the thoroughly ineffective paper precipitation shield with a barely meticulous aimed finger and laughed again. The object wobbled in the clear glass of pure Altair water. "In a drink! How mad is that?"

Verlok skewed him with about as withering a glance he could muster. "The molecular cohesion of the material is inefficacious to this aspiration, nor is its directional orientation advantageous to its construction philosophy."

The group went quiet, some looking at their own libationary accoutrements with what, Verlok hoped, was the start of their own intellectual Renaissance, while some expressed some discontent with a rapid and singular exhalation. Ensign Horace managed both, while rotating his ocular globes almost 180 degrees. "It's a jok-" he started, but Verlok was already in motion. "Please excuse me" he intoned, and left their social orbit for more agreeable climes.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:03:18 am by Verlok »
Disclaimer: The opinions and sentiments expressed in the narrative are solely those of the character and in no way reflects that of the writer.

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 11:55:48 pm »

Going to parties was not something Rojol liked to practice. There was something about other people getting too close to him which he was not a fan of. The decorations were wild like any other cadet party at the Academy. The young pilot saw many of the Ensigns from graduation day.

Rojol placed his arms behind his back and he stood like a tin soldier. He had training in Security but he did feel safe in this stance. Moving his head he spotted the dancing Lurain. To him they had looked like a shaved bear. From the looks of his clothes he seemed he was the host of the party.

The music was lively which Mas the Engineering was dancing too. He stood there watching the big fellow move. Chief of Engineering what he knew. Funny. He had not known the big fellow could move so fast.

There were few bars for strangers to wonder and drink . He spotted small groups gathering by departments and some faces  he recognized from the academy. He recalled seeing them through the halls and rooms at the classes he took. Again he was not the type who had been open.

Did the Captain think Friday nights was going to make the crew get to know each other and like each other better. He felt that was not going to work for the Romulan crew members.

He slowly walked to a bar which was hidden from the others. He would watch and observe. Waiting to see other Romulans will come and see what they will do.

The Vulcan science officer came in wearing his uniform. He snorted. Vulcans could drain the fun out of a party if they could. They were distant cousins to Romulans. Still he would not have  trusted one or all of them.

The Commander was Romulan and the other flight officer was too and he had his family. There was a chance he would run into the Commander because they were Romulans. He had kept an eye out for the tr’Movel family and Darek tr’Hava. They were your old Romulans, the ones he wanted to observe. They got something he wanted. The story of why they are in Starfleet. He wanted to know where their heart belongs? This was the problem for Rojol. He was the younger generation who thinks different of older generation. The new way could be better.

“Would you like a drink?” the holovid character asked.

“Please. Pina Calda,” he ordered. This was a drink he stumbled upon when he was Katra for a short stay. He heard someone ordered it. He had ordered it because he was unable to decide what to drink. Ever since he had that drink. He had liked it. 

“You know this is a socialize party,” she inclined her head to the groups that were getting bigger.

“I am fully aware,” he replied. He took the drink, sipped it and made a yummy sound. That was good. Very fruity too.

She turned back to him. “You know more you hide. More you be seen ,” she smiled.

He sighed and looked down. She was right and he knew it. “Can I sit here in peace and enjoy my drink?” he looked around. “There are others in the room doing the exact thing I am doing.”

The bartender scanned the room. “You are correct. And they too can be seen.  Funny. How you all are far apart and don’t sit together and pretend you don’t know each other. Would it make sense you call sit at the same location and what you doing?” She pointed.

“That does not make sense. It is like being on an turboift with strangers and nobody talks. And you get dead silence,” he replied.

The bartender did a half smile as she nodded her head. “Yep,” she said.

“You are going to talk to me when I don’t want you,” he asked her.

“Yep,” she replied. “My point you is you are capable to socialize.”

He pointed his right index finger at her. “You are a character. You are not real!” he told her in a low tone. He was not liking this bartender.

“I am sorry you see me that way,” she sounded sad.

He shook his head, took his drink and walked away from her. “Stupid!” That what made Rojol mad and walked out of his hiding spot.

The female bartender wore a sly smile. Then thinking. See? You been outsmarted by a program/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 12:01:09 am by Rojol »

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 09:05:19 am »
Captain Tess t'Lhoell (with Fvienn (7 months old))
[USS Amalthea - Deck 9 - Holodeck]

Tess had enjoyed it thoroughly to dress up a little bit and make herself pretty for a nice night 'out'. She didn't know when the last time was she actually wore heels. She also didn't know how long she'd last on them before she needed to switch to flat shoes.
Carrying Fvienn in her arms and with her husband at her side, she entered the holodeck and already found quite a few of the crew there. The music was not blasting (yet?) so she probably didn't need to worry too much about Fvienn for now. Actually, he looked quite happy right now, his big blue eyes wandering about in sheer curiosity.

The first person she dealt with regularly was Verlok, who was standing with a group of younger crew members. It seemed the little umbrella at the drink was the topic of conversation. She chuckled to herself as she wondered who had convinced the Vulcan to come. In the back at the bar, besides Roberto, she spotted Ensign Rojol, another Romulan on her ship. The pilot seemed to be rather distant and more to himself, so she was surprised to see him here but not less glad about it. She would make sure to exchange a few words with him.

As she turned her head, she saw Mas next to them. Her mouth fell open for a second when she saw his outfit. "Good evening, Ensign", Tess greeted him with a smile before her eyes wandered back to admiring the suit again. "This looks like it's something special." She leaned forward a bit to try and take a better look at it. "Is this handmade?", she asked in awe.
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Ora Loxis

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 12:46:18 pm »
USS Amalthea - Holodeck - Deck 9

Why had she listened to Mas? Sure, he was the most experienced in social etiquette. He was also the most friendly and outgoing of the academy people she knew. So when he had said uniforms were not to be worn to the gathering tonight. Ora believed him. She knew nothing of social gatherings, as she did her best to avoid them. She would much rather put time on the phaser range, than have to figure out a way to talk about the different types of weather with people.

Her presence shouldn’t even have been required. Ora was at risk of being demoted, which was the only reason why she attended the event. She needed to network with those that were going to be her superiors. She needed to make a better impression on them, and allow them to give her a second chance to do better, and be better for the crew. Ensign Hamilton would run a fine security team, that she believed. She just needed him, or whoever else would be put in charge, to realize she could still be an asset to them.

Ora took a deep breath before she stepped into the holodeck proper, and tugged on the ends of her gloves, trying to make them as high up on her arms as possible. The amount of skin showing was not something she was comfortable with. But Mas said….. Her thoughts ended abruptly when her hazel eyes zeroed in on Ensign Verlok, who was comfortably and happily, well as happy as any Vulcan could be, in his uniform!

Mas?!?!!?!?!?!?

Ora strode over to the bar and ordered a Bolian tonic water. She needed all the assistance in keeping herself as calm as possible. She glanced over to Verlok, and saw he was by himself. She did her best to keep her jealousy of the Vulcan’s attire from being displayed in her body language.

“Actually make that 2 please,” Ora instructed the bartender. “Thank you,” she politely stated to the bartender when the 2 drinks appeared. She knew out of anyone here in the holodeck establishment, that he would understand the need to keep the small talk to a minimum.

“Here, I got this for you. It is a Bolian Tonic Water,” Ora handed one of the drinks over to Verlok. Her eyes scanned the room for anyone sign of trouble, a habit she couldn’t break from her security training. When she saw the Captain arrive, Ora wanted nothing more than to leave right there. Ora had done such a bad job with their first mission, that the mere presence of the Captain only highlighted the failures of the Bolian.

In an attempt to distract herself from her past missteps Ora found her gaze upon their academy Romulan flight officer, “What do you know about the flight officer?” She knew Verlok would give his honest appraisal of Rojol’s abilities. “Rojol I believe his name is.”

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 09:13:51 pm »

Tess had enjoyed it thoroughly to dress up a little bit and make herself pretty for a nice night 'out'. She didn't know when the last time was she actually wore heels. She also didn't know how long she'd last on them before she needed to switch to flat shoes.
Carrying Fvienn in her arms and with her husband at her side, she entered the holodeck and already found quite a few of the crew there. The music was not blasting (yet?) so she probably didn't need to worry too much about Fvienn for now. Actually, he looked quite happy right now, his big blue eyes wandering about in sheer curiosity.

The first person she dealt with regularly was Verlok, who was standing with a group of younger crew members. It seemed the little umbrella at the drink was the topic of conversation. She chuckled to herself as she wondered who had convinced the Vulcan to come. In the back at the bar, besides Roberto, she spotted Ensign Rojol, another Romulan on her ship. The pilot seemed to be rather distant and more to himself, so she was surprised to see him here but not less glad about it. She would make sure to exchange a few words with him.

As she turned her head, she saw Mas next to them. Her mouth fell open for a second when she saw his outfit. "Good evening, Ensign", Tess greeted him with a smile before her eyes wandered back to admiring the suit again. "This looks like it's something special." She leaned forward a bit to try and take a better look at it. "Is this handmade?", she asked in awe.

Rojol Takima spotted the Captain of the ship enter with her high heels and dress with a child in her arms. To show respect and advance he knew you go see the Captain.

Mas was like the attention of the room. When Mas looked toward Takima’s direction the Romulan raised a glass and nodded his head. He was one of the Cadets he saw many times at the Academy.

Then he spotted the female Bolian cadet who had good grades in Security at the Academy. Then he saw she was looking his direction as she was asking the Ensign Vulcan Science officer. She must be wanting to keep an eye on another Romulan on the ship. He had odds with everyone because he was not sure who he could trust.

The Flight ensign left his drink on a bar counter and he walked to the Captain. He was at attention and had the presence of a Romulan officer on a Romulan War bird. “Greetings Captain,” he announced himself. He was looking at her and not the babe in her arms. The little child was making the baby sounds which was sweet for a child.

The very young Romulan Ensign had no problems with children. He was one once. He saw many in refugee locations. This was not time for him to give attention to the little one. Which was half human and Romulan. Half Romulan child might have a better future then a full Romulan who was seen as a refugee.

“I have not introduced myself. And I am now,” he added. He held his hands behind his back.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 11:42:58 pm »

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

When Tess had first suggested social mixers for the crew and their civilian families as a way of getting to know the people aboard the ship, Rayek had agreed wholeheartedly.  It was a great idea!  That conviction waned a bit now that he was confronted with having to be in public so shortly after he'd made his public bulletin board announcement.  But Rayek wasn't about to hide in his quarters and distance himself when the whole reason he'd put that information out there was for others to get to know him - and he them.   

Tess looked wonderful tonight.  Her dress was light and flowed provocatively as she moved.  She likely didn't realize just how good she looked.  Her outfit choice had influenced his own.  Forgoing his usual brown outfit that she had bought him during their Romulus honeymoon, Rayek opted for a black and grey outfit that he knew showed off his physique well.  That the neck line was open and hung low - was a purposeful tactic to please Tess.  It wouldn't be the first time Rayek was 'eye-candy' for a ship's commanding officer.  At least this time the CO was his wife.

As he stepped into the holodeck, Rayek's dark eyes surveyed the scene.  The music was definitely from Earth - the lyrics alone hinted at that.  He was familiar with some music genres thanks to Saqa7, but this was nothing at all like The Beatles from the 1960's, or his favorite love ballads from the 1980's.   The music however had a good beat and plenty of energy. 

There were a number of crew already present, Mas, Verlok, and even Ora was present.  Unfortunately, Rayek did spot Padrini.  The medical chief was at the bar beside the other Romulan flight officer. 

Tess' voice drew his attention from Padrini and turned it instead to Ensign Molane.  The Lurian was resplendent in layers of fabric and gold, and the man seemed to be the center of attention at the moment.  "Good evening, Mr. Molane." he greeted with a smile. 

It was then that the Romulan flight officer, Ensign Takima, headed directly towards Tess.  Rayek's eyes narrowed on the light-haired man, noting quietly to himself the oddity of how the man wore not civilian clothes, nor a Starfleet uniform, but rather a Romulan Free State uniform.  Rayek frowned.  The Romulan uniform would be expected from an exchange officer but Takima was an Academy graduate.   Rayek wondered at what statement Takima was trying to make with his choice of attire. 

While Rayek had reviewed the man's personnel file, there was only so much that one could learn about another from reading.   Raised since a teenager in the Gamma Quadrant, Rayek suspected the Romulan ensign would be far more Federation-minded than say others like Ensign tr'Hava or Lared.  With that thought in mind, Rayek wondered if either of those two officers would show up with their families.  He hadn't made attending mandatory, but he'd hoped at some point during the evening that all might make an appearance - unless they were on shift.

Since Takima had addressed the Captain - not him as Commander, Rayek left it for Tess to respond, and instead turned his attention to the Vulcan hoping to open up a 'social dialogue'.  "Greetings and good evening to you Mr. Verlok." 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:02:16 pm by Rayek tr’Lhoell »
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 01:48:45 am »

Tess found herself keeping glancing at Rayek. When she had seen the outfit he had picked for tonight she almost had been tempted to cancel treir attendance and stay in their quarters to have a little private party to themselves.

As she glanced about, she spotted Ora near Verlok. The pink outfit looked stunning in contrast to the blue tone of her skin. She would have to remind herself to compliment the Bolian Ensign on her outfit later.
While she waited for Mas to reply, the Romulan Ensign Takima came over to them. Tess recognized the uniform to be that of the Romulan Free State. It was unexpected to say the least but Tess didn't show the uncertainty on her face with her smile not wavering in the slightest. She shifted Fvienn slightly in her arms - her arms tired out quicker with the weight of him as he grew older - and nodded her head in acknowledgement of his greeting. "Jolan-tru, Mr. Takima", Tess said. She noticed that the Romulan behaved quite formal towards her although they were in an informal setting. She guessed it was odd for some to interact with her on that level. She knew some Captains considered it a negative impact on the crew's perception of them as a figure of authority if they bonded with the crew like that. Which might be true for some. But Tess saw more the advantages of it than the possible dangers.

When Rojol said he would introduce himself now, Tess wished he would have clarified how he would like to be addressed. While his Starfleet file designated 'Rojol' to be the First Name and 'Takima' to be the Last Name, it was not necessarily correct. Tess had learned that about Romulan culture when Rayek was teaching her on her request, that personal names could be quite complicated and often it wasn't clear how someone wished to be addressed. That's why in Rihan it was rather a perculiar method of asking someone's name. While in most cultures one would simply ask 'What is your name?' in Romulan you would ask 'What are you calling yourself?'. This stemmed from times when Romulans had the general desire to sometimes hide their identity in certain situations, mostly out of fear of being reported to the Tal'Shiar when it had still existed but Tess believed that it was sometimes out of the desire for privacy that was valued extremely high in Romulan culture. That's why it was Romulan courtesy to always ask what the other person wished to be called. Requesting a fvadni, 'true name', was done only by authority figures and never in polite conversation.

"I hope Takima is acceptable to you", she added to Rojol, prompting for a statement of the Romulan Ensign. She knew that sometimes others had called her husband 'Commander Rayek' back on Katra, while generally he was addressed as 'Commander tr'Lhoell'. Given that Rayek never complained about it, she thought that both was acceptable for him. It could be that the Romulan Ensign felt the same. But Tess preferred to be sure.

NPC Lieutenant jg. Roberto Padrini

Roberto had spotted immediately when Tess had arrived. She had Rayek and baby Fvienn with her. He scoffed inwardly. Didn't he need to calm down his paranoia and check if the crew did their job properly? The Romulan had thrust a whole series of drills upon the crew in the past weeks, and he had been quite thorough with it. Each and every shift had to go through not one but several of those. To Roberto it had felt quite excessive.

If he was honest he was surprised to see Rayek here after only a short while ago he had made his telepathy public. It had caused the wave of outrage he had hoped for. That was mainly because pretty much no one on this ship knew him before having been assigned here. Although Rayek had mentioned in his bulletin entry that he had kept it hidden, it obviously was a piece of information that was overlooked. Nobody so far seemed to question if the Romulan has been ethically trained in using and not using his ability. Roberto pursed his lips. He might have to help make that happen.

A voice ordering Bolian Tonic Water caught his attention and he turned his head to look over at Ora. The Vulcan science officer was beside her as well. "Buona sera", he said with the most beautiful rolling of the 'r' how Italians did. He smiled and turned to face them properly now. "Bolian Tonic Water, is it good?"
Tess' biography

Mas Molane

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 09:54:16 am »

USS Amalthea - Discus Party on the Holodeck

Although the music soon switched to declaring "I'm a woman's man, no time to talk," Mas did in fact find time to talk as more and more of his fellow officers congregated in the simulated party environment.  He made sure to greet everyone he came across.

"Captain!  Yes!  Thank you for noticing.  This is a Zhosha original.  If we are ever in the ionite nebula, perhaps I can take you to her boutique.  Everything she sells is hand-stitched, and designed without a computer according to the old ways.  You can buy her hand-drawn patterns there.  They are sold like paintings in a gallery."

He looked to Ora, "You look lovely!  Not like poor Verlok.  Do not tell him he was supposed to wear social clothing.  He will be embarrassed."  Mas was only jesting, of course.  The Vulcan could not be embarrassed by anything that might manifest at this party.  Or, at least, he would never allow himself to be seen to be embarrassed.  Nor was his choice of uniform likely to be an accident. 

To Padrini, he said, "Where there is a tonic, there you will find a Doctor."  He smiled... which was mostly just frowning less.  The toad-like ancestors of the Lurians had left their mark on the Lurian features, giving them a permanent downturn to their ample mouths.

As Rayek approached, he held his belly in appreciation and nodded, "Commander.  The collar of this outfit is bold.  I like it."

It was clear that in a party environment, Mas was eminently comfortable.  Although Lurians were seldom seen to leave their home nebula, they were very social creatures.

Finally, Mas spied Rojol, in full Romulan attire.  He felt a twinge of sadness for the man.  Rojol had been raised far from his ancestral home, and so must often crave his lost Romulan heritage.  That was evident in his current choice of clothing, a clear callback to a culture he had been divorced from. 

"Oh, Rojol.  I had a small-craft piloting class with him at the Academy.  I was never very good, but he had great skill for a farmer. 

Rejina spoke to me about him once at one of Cadet Invol's parties. 

You remember Rejina?  From Subspace Theory?  The girl with the eyelashes?

She said that Rojol used to fly a Z-16 Bajoran sub-impulse cropduster on New Bajor, and would often bullseye palukoos with the craft's phaser.  Otherwise, the palukoos might eat all of the pollinating insects.  I do not know if it is true, but if so, it shows great skill.  Such a craft has no sensor locking system.  The entire vessel would have to be aligned with the target.  Great skill."

He called out as Rojol approached, "Rojol!  Is that a real Romulan uniform?  And is it true you once flew a Z-16?  Rejina said so once, but she was in her cups.  You remember Rejina?  With the eyelashes?  She drank a great deal, but was always fresh for exams in the morning."

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 08:00:49 pm »
Rojol spotted the ‘empath-idiotic’ Romulan. The nerve of him keeping his talent hidden and then asking everyone to open up in a dashboard. Pathetic!

Then his bright blue eyes scanned the party to see if any other Romulans had shown up. They had not come yet. They might not want to show up because the “empath” Commander Rayek had shared his secret. He did not blame them.

"Jolan-tru, Mr. Takima", Tess said.

“And as you too, Captain,” he replied. The purpose he had not introduced himself was a double edge judgment on the Captain. First he had wanted to test her skill of knowing each member by name. He was aware a good Captain would look over each member on their ship, read their history. It was said that the Captains had choices who was going to be on their roster. There were stories Captains had battled out for crew choices too. It was NOT the Starfleet command who did so.

"I hope Takima is acceptable to you", she added to Rojol, prompting for a statement of the Romulan Ensign. She knew that sometimes others had called her husband 'Commander Rayek' back on Katra, while generally he was addressed as 'Commander tr'Lhoell'. Given that Rayek never complained about it, she thought that both was acceptable for him. It could be that the Romulan Ensign felt the same. But Tess preferred to be sure.

Rojol arched an eyebrow. Odd the Captain used his last name and not rank. Particular odd indeed. “Accepted, Captain,” he nodded his head slowly and, not taking his blue eyes off her. He had martial arts skills and always kept that practice at all times.

"Captain!  Yes!  Thank you for noticing.  This is a Zhosha original.  If we are ever in the ionite nebula, perhaps I can take you to her boutique.  Everything she sells is hand-stitched, and designed without a computer according to the old ways.  You can buy her hand-drawn patterns there.  They are sold like paintings in a gallery."

The young Romulan turned to see Mas, the most socialized of his kind. Or was he? Who would think they all talk a lot with an upside frown face expression. Perhaps their frown was the opposite to being happy. No. That was a child’s thought. He heard they were sad people for a long time and their DNA made them look sad.

The formal dress Romulan had eyed the Lurian outfit as he described to the Captain where he got it. The outfit was indeed amazing. Now he can see why Lurian had upstage everyone fashion even the Captains and her ‘empathic’ husband.

The Lurian was indeed a charmer too. He recalled him at the Academy how he was always surrounded by beautiful ladies and handsome guys. Everyone seemed to melt in his presence. He was just magnetic to look at.

As Rayek approached, he held his belly in appreciation and nodded, "Commander.  The collar of this outfit is bold.  I like it."

It was clear that in a party environment, Mas was eminently comfortable.  Although Lurians were seldom seen to leave their home nebula, they were very social creatures.

Then Mas was over to the Commander. This fellow was a smooth talker. How would he deal with a Ferengi? Would he out bargain a Ferengi? Sadly. He never paid close attention to the fellow on Katra when they were there. However before they came to Amalthea. He could imagine Mas out witted a Ferengi.

"Oh, Rojol.  I had a small-craft piloting class with him at the Academy.  I was never very good, but he had great skill for a farmer.

Rejina spoke to me about him once at one of Cadet Invol's parties.

You remember Rejina?  From Subspace Theory?  The girl with the eyelashes?

“I remember Rejina,” Rojol had replied. She was human species and attractive. Her eyelashes were extremely long. She shared that her planet had much debris which her kind revolved around the dirt which caught the dust from the environment. Even some of the dust had highly nutrients for their bodies like sun rays on Earth for those humans.

Rejina was training to be a helm too and he worked with her and study by assignments from the professors.

She said that Rojol used to fly a Z-16 Bajoran sub-impulse cropduster on New Bajor, and would often bullseye palukoos with the craft's phaser.  Otherwise, the palukoos might eat all of the pollinating insects.  I do not know if it is true, but if so, it shows great skill.  Such a craft has no sensor locking system.  The entire vessel would have to be aligned with the target.  Great skill."

He called out as Rojol approached, "Rojol!  Is that a real Romulan uniform?  And is it true you once flew a Z-16?  Rejina said so once, but she was in her cups.  You remember Rejina?  With the eyelashes?  She drank a great deal, but was always fresh for exams in the morning."

Mas had a way sharing stories too. Rojol listened as Mas shared his story version of Rojol’s performance. It was in his record. He would never think he was better to the person next to him. Well he might think Romulans are the better species. Which explains their loss. He had many different opinions and thoughts which could be dangerous because he could make a change for the better or worse for the future. If he found a way to gain their attention to be who they were.   

That was something about Mas which was different from a high ranking officer. He could see the Lurian having a waiting list to work if his reputation of Charisma for a high ranking officer.

Rojol himself would never think he was better than everyone. There were snobbish individuals at the Academy. Most Vulcans come off snobs, however they don’t act like they are superior. If that they did. That would be against their practice having no emotions.

“Yes it was all true,” he shared. “Piloting with tactical skills comes hand to hand,” he shared.

Then he turned to Oral, the security officer and he nodded to her. She looked attractive in her pink dress. It was actually eye catching like Mas. He nodded to her which Mas charisma had some effect. Lurian and his ways!

“Yes. It is a Romulan uniform. I wear it to remembrance of Romulus  of our loss to the supernova,” he shared. “And of course to those who were left behind.” He turned to Rayek. There was a frown which can be seen sinking which he turned away realizing that empath was able to be snooper. “Captain, do we have your word that the Commander not going to invade our thoughts?” he asked which was very much like daggers. Keeping secrets to the crew. How a disgrace!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 08:02:56 pm by Rojol Takima »

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 08:03:24 am »

Although the music soon switched to declaring "I'm a woman's man, no time to talk," Mas did in fact find time to talk as more and more of his fellow officers congregated in the simulated party environment.  He made sure to greet everyone he came across.

Unfortunately, Tess wasn't really a fashionista, she had not heard of Zhosha. But if she could make such amazing pieces of clothing by hand she truly must be a very talented woman. In times of advanced technologization craftsmanship became something really special. "That would be awesome! I will hold you to that", Tess grinned. "That reminds me, if you appreciate good handmade clothes, Phara t'Movel who is with us on the ship, used to be a seamstress back on Katra. She had a very well running seamstress shop there. I bet she'd be delighted to make somthing for you. She and her family came with us on the Amalthea because she is looking after Fvienn when Rayek and I are on duty and our family isn't available." She rocked Fvienn in her arms who was looking at the huge Lurian with wide blue eyes.

To Padrini, he said, "Where there is a tonic, there you will find a Doctor."  He smiled... which was mostly just frowning less.  The toad-like ancestors of the Lurians had left their mark on the Lurian features, giving them a permanent downturn to their ample mouths.

When the groups had moved furhter together Padrini joined them and smiled at each of them. "Evening, all", he said and then looked to Mas with a laugh. "I guess that's right! Why don't you all join us for a round of Bolian Tonic Water? Wouldn't that be a nice for starters?" He looked around the little group, hoping for positive replies.

His gaze then settled on little Fvienn. "I'm glad you brought him along!", he said to Tess. "We get to see him way too rarely. May I hold him for a moment?"

Tess glanced to Rayek to get a reaction from him if he would allow it or not.

Rojol spotted the ‘empath-idiotic’ Romulan. The nerve of him keeping his talent hidden and then asking everyone to open up in a dashboard. Pathetic!

Then his bright blue eyes scanned the party to see if any other Romulans had shown up. They had not come yet. They might not want to show up because the “empath” Commander Rayek had shared his secret. He did not blame them.

“And as you too, Captain,” he replied. The purpose he had not introduced himself was a double edge judgment on the Captain. First he had wanted to test her skill of knowing each member by name. He was aware a good Captain would look over each member on their ship, read their history. It was said that the Captains had choices who was going to be on their roster. There were stories Captains had battled out for crew choices too. It was NOT the Starfleet command who did so.

Rojol arched an eyebrow. Odd the Captain used his last name and not rank. Particular odd indeed. “Accepted, Captain,” he nodded his head slowly and, not taking his blue eyes off her. He had martial arts skills and always kept that practice at all times.

The young Romulan turned to see Mas, the most socialized of his kind. Or was he? Who would think they all talk a lot with an upside frown face expression. Perhaps their frown was the opposite to being happy. No. That was a child’s thought. He heard they were sad people for a long time and their DNA made them look sad.

The formal dress Romulan had eyed the Lurian outfit as he described to the Captain where he got it. The outfit was indeed amazing. Now he can see why Lurian had upstage everyone fashion even the Captains and her ‘empathic’ husband.

The Lurian was indeed a charmer too. He recalled him at the Academy how he was always surrounded by beautiful ladies and handsome guys. Everyone seemed to melt in his presence. He was just magnetic to look at.

Then Mas was over to the Commander. This fellow was a smooth talker. How would he deal with a Ferengi? Would he out bargain a Ferengi? Sadly. He never paid close attention to the fellow on Katra when they were there. However before they came to Amalthea. He could imagine Mas out witted a Ferengi.

“I remember Rejina,” Rojol had replied. She was human species and attractive. Her eyelashes were extremely long. She shared that her planet had much debris which her kind revolved around the dirt which caught the dust from the environment. Even some of the dust had highly nutrients for their bodies like sun rays on Earth for those humans.

Rejina was training to be a helm too and he worked with her and study by assignments from the professors.

Mas had a way sharing stories too. Rojol listened as Mas shared his story version of Rojol’s performance. It was in his record. He would never think he was better to the person next to him. Well he might think Romulans are the better species. Which explains their loss. He had many different opinions and thoughts which could be dangerous because he could make a change for the better or worse for the future. If he found a way to gain their attention to be who they were.   

That was something about Mas which was different from a high ranking officer. He could see the Lurian having a waiting list to work if his reputation of Charisma for a high ranking officer.

Rojol himself would never think he was better than everyone. There were snobbish individuals at the Academy. Most Vulcans come off snobs, however they don’t act like they are superior. If that they did. That would be against their practice having no emotions.

“Yes it was all true,” he shared. “Piloting with tactical skills comes hand to hand,” he shared.

Then he turned to Oral, the security officer and he nodded to her. She looked attractive in her pink dress. It was actually eye catching like Mas. He nodded to her which Mas charisma had some effect. Lurian and his ways!

“Yes. It is a Romulan uniform. I wear it to remembrance of Romulus  of our loss to the supernova,” he shared. “And of course to those who were left behind.” He turned to Rayek. There was a frown which can be seen sinking which he turned away realizing that empath was able to be snooper. “Captain, do we have your word that the Commander not going to invade our thoughts?” he asked which was very much like daggers. Keeping secrets to the crew. How a disgrace!

Tess smiled at Rojol when he confirmed that it was okay for him to be addressed with his last name. The conversation among the people gathered in the group went on for a while before the Romulan Ensign then looked straight at Rayek but spoke to Tess, asking if she would guarantee that Rayek would not invade their thougths.

Tess struggled to hold back the frown. The way he asked was rather angry and provocative. "I figure you are asking out of concern, Ensign, which I can understand. Like many other telepathic species, the Commander has sworn to respect every individual's privacy. You don't need to worry. However, if you wish a conversation about this more in depth, my door is always open." She hoped it would alleviate Rojol's waryness a little.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:40:31 am by Tess tLhoell »
Tess' biography

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 09:04:10 pm »

Cmdr. Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek listened with a smile as Tess and Ensign Molane discussed fashion.  He was bit surprised that Tess mentioned Phara - but then she wasn't wrong.   The name drop had him wondering if the s'Movel clan would come out for this 'crew mixer'.   They weren't here presently but then the event had only just begun. 

Given the Lurian's own fashion choice, Rayek might have had second thoughts about his choice, but the side glances Tess had been giving him on the way to the Holodeck reassured him that the look was having the desire effect.  "Thank you - and yes, I suppose it is.  Your outfit is quite remarkable as well."

The Lurian seemed to be a focus for many.  Rayek wondered if it was the man's personality or just that he was the largest in the room and thus was like a gravity point.   Even Padrini seemed to gravitate towards the group - unfortunately. 

Rayek hadn't spoken to the doctor outside of his XO role since that first day - but to the doctor's credit Padrini hadn't flaunted his disrespect for Rayek since then either.   The truce for Tess' sake seemed to be holding.   

As such, Rayek was surprised to hear the doctor ask to hold Fvienn.  For the briefest of moments, the Romulan father stiffened, but then made himself relax as Tess turned to look towards him.  Rayek didn't like Padrini - mostly because the man had openly stated his interest in Rayek's wife - but as such Rayek knew the man wouldn't dare harm Fvienn.   Looking back towards Tess, Rayek nodded - then smiled a devilish grin.   

"The good doctor can look after Fvienn, while I woo you on the dance floor." 

At that moment, Rayek began to think that maybe this social event was going to turn out fine and not the mess he'd pessimistically expected.

That naive thought was almost immediately quashed when Ensign Takima frowned at him and directly questioned Tess if she would guarantee that he would not invade the crew's minds.   Following Mas' friendly overtures, Rayek was caught off guard by the open hostility... but then the officer was Romulan after all.   He should have expected such.

Because of his surprise, Rayek's desired retort was slower than it might otherwise have been and as such Tess spoke first - in a calm and  reassuring manner.  She definitely handled it far better than he was about to.  He mentally counted to three as he rethought his response and then spoke as well.

"My door is also open should you feel the need to speak with me directly about your concerns.  I would like the opportunity to address these with you - when you feel comfortable."

With that unpleasantness still like a shadow over the evening, Rayek turned to Tess forcing a smile, gently took Fvienn from her hold and passed him to Padrini.  "If you would be so kind to watch Fvienn for one dance"

Then the Romulan led Tess out onto the dance floor as the song switched.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:51:58 pm by Rayek tr’Lhoell »
Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Mas Molane

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 11:05:07 am »

USS Amalthea - Holodeck - Discus Party

"Oh?" Mas said to the Captain, learning that there was a talented tailor right here on the ship, "I'd love to meet her!  I hope she comes to the party."

Somewhat later, when the conversation turned to the uncomfortable subject of Commander Rayek's abilities, Mas felt the need to speak up.

"Rojol!  You've got the wrong idea about all of this.  You remember Cadet Invol?  The one who threw the best parties?  He was Betazoid.  I asked him once how it worked, and he explained it to me.  It's not at all how you think of it."

Mas gestured to the sparkling ball hanging from the ceiling.  "You see that Discus ball?  It shoots out lights at the dance floor.  If you look at the ball directly, it is so glittery that it is almost blinding.  But if you look away, there are these rays of lights hitting everything.  The floor, the walls, the people.  Everywhere you look, a spot of light.

What this is for people with eyes, telepathy is for people with that talent.

The rays of lights are our thoughts, and we are shooting them out across the room.  The telepaths are not violating us.  We are projecting.  Transmitting.  But usually there is no one who can see what we are transmitting.

The telepath is often not even interested in this display. 

But, like the Discus ball, it is shot out at them constantly, flashing all over. 

They have to learn to block it out.  They are not entering our minds.  Our minds are entering them.  And they have to figure out how to look away.

And really... how do you look away from something like this?"

As Mas spoke, he began moving his arms and legs in a wormlike fashion, beginning one of the superb dances of the Lurian people.

"It's mesmerizing.  Tantalizing.  Inescapable.  I don't blame you for looking.  How can you not?  It invades the eyes."

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:35:10 am by Mas Molane »

Rojol Takima

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 02:30:33 pm »
USS Amalthea - Holodeck - Discus Party

As Mas was explaining how this discus ball works as if it emotions and empaths. “So I will need to meditate to have mental blocks up. And I need to keep my emotions to myself,” he replied. That when he looked at the Doctor. Now, it was not bad to be a Vulcan. Vulcans do not protect their thoughts or emotions unless they are in pon farr or have Vulcans’ mental illness that could affect people around them.

Rojol then observed the infant in the doctor’s arm. Small thing is it? he thought. I will try to make your future better and all Romulans. First, I need to work my way up and out of Starfleet. Patients. Yes. Patients like a great Valkor gliding the great skies on Romulus! He stopped his thinking. Afraid Rayek will read his emotions. Damn him. He tightened his fist as he thought of his slip and undid the fists to get rid of the tension.

He smiled and nodded to Mas. “Thank you for your illustration. You would make a good diplomatic officer,” he shared. “Had you ever considered that path?” Rojol asked.