Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 1408 times)

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Suggestion Box
« on: March 09, 2021, 04:02:42 pm »
As we are just newly making this site, please feel free to offer your suggestions on improvements, things to see - both here and on the discord.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Sirol

• Reserved Player
  • Probationer
  • If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
  • Sirol's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 04:17:49 pm »
I remember it has been discussed on the old Discord and found approval back in the days but never really got continued, but I think a general 'Wanted' area might be beneficial.

I know the concept from many non-ST forums and found, that a lot of people browsing the site tend to look into a wanted section as one of the first things before deciding to make a character.
Those sections usually consist of an area for offering characters, and one for character/group requests.

I think a model that would work very well with the fleet might consist of:
- a board for open positions, where players can check out vacant posts aboard the Amalthea and Katra and see what might be needed at the moment,
- one board for character requests [Example: Sirol looking for scientific lab assistant],
- and one section for character offers, aka providing NPCs that can be 'adopted' by people. [Example: Offering Astrometrics Ensign Murphy for adoption]

The entire are could maybe look somewhat like this:
< Every point of view is useful, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted. >
NPCs: Kovnin | Arrhae | Aurora

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 06:35:29 am »
I find it rather difficult to read and scroll through all posts by other players including the inserted quotes.
My suggestion would be to keep the different things that are going on in seperate threads until they actually merge (if they do).

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 10:13:29 am »
Thank you both for your suggestions! :)

The admin team will discuss this and get back to you!
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Sirol

• Reserved Player
  • Probationer
  • Sirol's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 01:10:45 am »

Many thanks. ^.^

One more thing I noticed right now: (And I'm not sure if it's a big or a feature, hence me mentioning it here)
Once you've submitted a post, it does not link you to your actual post itself but the subforum.
I'm not bure if this is on purpose of not (if it is, just ignore my comment) but I though I'd let you now. ^.^
< Every point of view is useful, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted. >

Solluk

• Site Administrators
  • Competent Member
  • Site Administrators
  • Captain Solluk's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 01:13:05 am »

Many thanks. ^.^

One more thing I noticed right now: (And I'm not sure if it's a big or a feature, hence me mentioning it here)
Once you've submitted a post, it does not link you to your actual post itself but the subforum.
I'm not bure if this is on purpose of not (if it is, just ignore my comment) but I though I'd let you now. ^.^

I recently noticed this, too.   I know there is a button or setting somewhere that fixes this.  I'm looking into it.

Cheers!

Tess tLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 01:18:43 am »

Many thanks. ^.^

You can set this in your profile.

Go to 'Look and Layout'. And there is an option 'Return to topics after posting by default'. Make sure it's active and then you have it.
Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography

Sirol

• Reserved Player
  • Probationer
  • Sirol's ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 01:22:14 am »
Oh, cool!
I'll look into it.
Many thanks for letting me know. ^^

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 10:23:11 pm »
I find it rather difficult to read and scroll through all posts by other players including the inserted quotes.
My suggestion would be to keep the different things that are going on in separate threads until they actually merge (if they do).

@Finn Moreno

The admins have considered your suggestion to break different scenes into different threads, but in the end have decided against separate threads as this might damage the sense of community on the sim during the mission, and would likely make the story harder to follow overall, as to understand events players would then need to follow multiple different threads.   

However, we continued the discussion looking for ways to make scenes easier to understand. We came to the realization that long posts with multiple NPC characters developed due to the former sites unwritten rule against 'double posting'.  This lead to players writing combining multiple characters in multiple scenes into one LONG post.  For this reason, any prohibition or stigma against 'double posting,' or posting multiple times in a row, is lifted

This means that if you have a player character in more than one scene in the same game (perhaps in different timelines), or a player character in one scene and are running a non-player character to help facilitate a different scene, you can post once for the first and immediately again for the second and subsequent scenes or characters.  However as with the longer posts, be sure to keep close eye on the LOCATION (where the scene is taking place) and TIMESTAMPS (when the scene is taking place).   

We hope this will help players understand events of the mission better.
NPC's Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn (Human Female) / Ensign Jayce Fuller (Human Hermaphrodite) / Telmuk tr'Lhoell (Romulan Male)

Finn Moreno

• Approved Applicants
  • Moreno's Wonderland ID
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 09:28:14 am »
Thank you for considering and I didn't even know there was a rule against double posting.

Rayek tr'Lhoell

• Site Administrators
  • I-jol au e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 10:22:13 am »
Thank you for considering and I didn't even know there was a rule against double posting.

Please let us know if the new method is making things easier for you or not.  If not, we will continue to look at options.

It was frowned on to 'double post' for a number of reasons I believe, but possible because promotion was limited by post count, and there might have been a concern of players artificially increasing their count by posting several small scenes rather than one cohesive narrative.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:25:34 am by Rayek tr’Lhoell »